Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by bebawp, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marx

Marx Pixelated

I thought Jennifer Lawrence was fantastic in this. :up:

2. ALP

ALP In The Mountains

In X1, Mystique infuiltrates the X-mansion disguised as Bobby, she goes into cerebro and messes up it's inner workings. By all accounts she was either trying to kill him or just leave him severely damaged as he was left comatose.

Uncle George mind-wipe to make a character forget everything they did in the prequels FTW:awesome:

3. John Locke

John Locke One is Dark One is Light

I think she just wanted Charles out for a day so Magneto could do his thing.

4. FreeRadical

FreeRadical HAIL HYDRA!

Mind-wipes and retcons in the last 5 minutes of Third Class! :awesome:

Jennifer made Mystique interesting, I just hope they don't undo her development. The only thing I was disappointed with was that there wasn't a full body shot of Jennifer, only her top half.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  5. By your Command

By your Command Danger Room Technician

[​IMG]

Xavier: An old friend has learned the path to immortality.

Alex: Darwin?

6. FIREPHOENIX

FIREPHOENIX Well-Known Member

Jennifer Lawrence was absolutely awesome as Mystique. Can't wait to go back and see the movie a 2nd time.:yay::yay::yay:

7. Matt Mortem

Matt Mortem RIP Hype Forums

She was terrific in this. I just wish she was blue more. She looked wonderful as Mystique, I wanted more of that!!!

8. Groovetopia

Groovetopia That one over there

I feel like her ultimate decision at the end of the movie was made all that more powerful because of the fact that she was in her human form the whole movie.

9. craigdbfan

craigdbfan Well-Known Member

:funny:

10. Zimmy

Zimmy Well-Known Member

I am a huge fan of Winter's Bone and thought she should have won the Oscar.
    That said, she was pretty forgettable in First Class.

She had her bad acting work cut out for her, being in the same movie as January Jones.

And, is anyone else tired of the Mystique look and CGI transformation effect?
    It was fine in an early 2000 film.
    I think they can do a little better today, in character design and morphing.

11. WildcatNC

WildcatNC I'm on a BOAT ***** !

I like the blue skin Raven without the lizard skin and stuff. Just blue skin and the eyes.

Lawrence is F'n beautiful though. Hot as hell.

12. Matt Mortem

Matt Mortem RIP Hype Forums

It's a prequel film. If they changed her design and the morphing effect, it wouldn't gel very good with the other films. It's not a reboot.

13. Immortalfire

Immortalfire The Iron Mod

George could learn some valuable lessons on prequel making from First Class.

14. Timstuff

Timstuff Well-Known Member

From other peoples' opinions it is sounding like First Class may be suffering from some of the opposite problems of the Star Wars prequels, as odd as that sounds. In the Star Wars prequels, Anakin was supposed to go from being a hero to a villain, but the problem is that a lot of people already hated Anakin as a character because he was too whiny and cranky to be likeable. In X-Men first class, the characters who turn are plenty likeable, however their descent into darkness wasn't as apparent since everyone seemed to part on good terms. This seems like something that will probably be addressed in a sequel, but at any rate I think it's better to have likeable characters who don't quite seem evil enough when they go bad than it is to have annoying characters who never seem heroic.

15. blackdiamond

blackdiamond Member

i like the lizard skin i just don't think they needed to put that many scales on her face they also needed to ditch the terrible hairline.

16. batboy99

batboy99 BTVS

She was great. Only thing I wish they did is not make her look 100% like the previous Mystique. I wish she had the comic hair. Just long and red.

17. S. Grundy

S. Grundy Well-Known Member

Also, I think they stuck with that design because it's more interesting. A pretty girl painted blue is nice, but ultimately it's boring visually.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  18. Timstuff

The textured skin makes her look more unique and exotic. Maybe they could have done something a little different with her hair, but overall I like movie!Mystique's design a lot, and overall I prefer her to comic!Mystique. Also, I love that she is a hyper-agile martial artist in the films rather using guns. Guns are a LAME weapon for mutants with LAME powers, and X3 made this abundantly clear seeing as Magneto makes fun of guns and then gives them to all the mutants in the brotherhood who have LAME powers.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  19. DarknessOfDeath

DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

I really liked Mystique in this film and I never thought that we'd get into more of her backstory but after seeing the film, what they did with the character is interesting because I didn't know that Mystique and Charlies had a bond. I thought the actress did a fine job and I definately see her version of the character go from what we saw of her in FC to Rebecca's in X1. Btw, it took me a blink or two to realize that was Rebecca in the bed when Mystique morphed into her 'future self'. I was like, what the hell? Is that who I think it is? One of my favorite moments from the film.

20. Spider-Fan83

Spider-Fan83 with great power...

wasn't sure where to post this... and just for the record, this isn't a complaint, in anyway

something I just thought of...

but, in this movie she seemed be able to morph around her cloth...
    Examples:
    during the meting with the CIA, when she morph in to agent stryker, then back to her blue form, she was wearing cloth...

an in the scene where she morph in to Banshee

can she do that...?

I mean, she's always just been naked in the previous movies, so, they never really showed her doing it... but, I kinda always thought that in the movies, she couldn't, and that it was one of the main reasons she walks around naked (so, she could be free too fully morph her body)

even early on in the movie, when she wasn't in her human form, she'd be wearing cloth... or was she always just naked and holding morphed cloth on, even when she went back to her blue form...?

but, another example: in her scene with magneto, while she was training, lifting weights, and he drop the weight at her, making her lose her contraction, she was still wearing her tank top, and shorts... if she really lost contraction to hold a morph, she would of morph out of her cloth, too.. wouldn't she? or was this the only scene she was really wearing cloth in
    just found it to be adn intersting new element to the character

thoughts?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  21. By your Command

By your Command Danger Room Technician

I was really asking about this ever since the Mystique trailer came out, my answer would be this: She's naked throughout the whole movie except the times she was wearing her robe and during the montage when she was wearing the official X-sweats. Even when Magneto pushed Havok, Banshee and Beast to stay away from him, Mystique wasn't pushed because of her fake metal (although that could have been by choice more than the fake metal explanation)

22. FingersMcGhee

FingersMcGhee Active Member

Looks like she's taking a wizz outside.

Poppin a squat, so to speak

23. Spider-Fan83

Spider-Fan83 with great power...

^I did notice that she was the only one who wasn't thrown back by magneto, but, never made that connection... interesting theory

though, they kind of explained that they needed to wear the suits to withstand the G-forces of flight, I wouldn't think she'd be able to morph a functional G-forces flight suit...

24. Midnight Black

Midnight Black Defender of the Universe

She did morph that suit didn't she? Lol, they must have messed up there lol. Anyway, she was good. Don't know how I felt about her being an adopted sister of sorts to Charles. Them meeting before her and Magneto made the story interesting, but still seemed kind of out of place. Then again it made for some interesting story & dynamics.

So she was about Xavier and Magneto's age Late 20s early 30s, but looked 14-16? Interesting, surprised Mags didn't jump on that in the bedroom scene lol.

25. Timstuff

I'm pretty sure she was wearing an actual uniform for most of the movie's climax, but then took it off when she needed to morph into Shaw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.