Days of Future Past Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I just thought it was a little interesting but also odd. All this time I saw her character as being 18-19, perhaps due to her "young" personality. And also in interviews, Jennifer Lawrence has described her as being an "insecure teenager".

I had a theory on that...

she was probably on her own for quite some time before Charles found her (uneducated, emotional underdeveloped) so, one might say (in a way) she only started developing at that point under Charles's care (an obviously, Charles only being a kid him self, he could only help her along so, much, until he further educated himself)

so, tho, she may have been physically older, she was mentally an emotional much younger (and given the nature of her power, her body reflected that)

Last edited:
That makes sense, also maybe while living with Charles it was just the 2 of them. I was definitely sensing a lack of social interaction with others, at least before she met the other mutants.

Yeah, I just thought it was a little interesting but also odd. All this time I saw her character as being 18-19, perhaps due to her "young" personality. And also in interviews, Jennifer Lawrence has described her as being an "insecure teenager".

We already know from Hank that Raven has a teenager's body, maybe she's got a teenager's hormones and mental state as well.

We already know from Hank that Raven has a teenager's body, maybe she's got a teenager's hormones and mental state as well.

Yeah, her age actually threw me a little bit. In the beginning of the film, it looks like little Raven is five or six, and Charles is about 10. So in 1962 (18 years later), she'd have to be at least 23.

I think her attitude was that of an insecure young woman regardless, but she's not that much younger than Charles. She just hasn't found herself yet.

Yeah, her age actually threw me a little bit. In the beginning of the film, it looks like little Raven is five or six, and Charles is about 10. So in 1962 (18 years later), she'd have to be at least 23.

I think her attitude was that of an insecure young woman regardless, but she's not that much younger than Charles. She just hasn't found herself yet.

According to the following post, she's Charles's age:

MercuryFrost said:
Something I just realized: The end credits list Mystique as being 10 years old in 1944. If this is so, she would be 28 in 1962.

According to the following post, she's Charles's age:

Hum...interesting. I really thought the little girl was younger; I didn't realize she was around ten.

I'll just make the excuse that she'd wearing a heck of a lot of make-up, so it's hard to tell her age. :)

Regardless, she has to be AT LEAST 21, being in a bar with Charles at the beginning of the movie. So she's not a teenager; she just looks young.

Theyre in England at the beginning, so she can be 18 in a bar.

But Im guessing she ages slow as a child as well. so she can be Charles's age but look younger.

random question
idk if this has been asked/discussed already, just something I've been thinking about...

but, what do you think would've happened to Mystique if she took the serum with Beast?

Last edited:
It would've enhanced her mutant cells. Maybe giving her the ability to mimic the powers of others as well as their appearance?

I've also wondered if Beast had never taken the serum, would he have ever gotten his leonine appearance? Would he have gone his whole life with just his prehensile feet while his other genes remained dormant?

It would've enhanced her mutant cells. Maybe giving her the ability to mimic the powers of others as well as their appearance?
even if it did enhance her power to their full potential, I am not sure mimicking powers, is something she would have... I'd think her reaching her full potential would allow her to maybe take on other forums, then just humans, such as taking into animals for example, and perhaps in an enhanced forum or her powers she could take on solid forums (like how in the first x-men movie, when she turns into wolverine, he is still able to cut right through her claws) she instead might be able to mimic the same density of his adamantium

I've also wondered if Beast had never taken the serum, would he have ever gotten his leonine appearance? Would he have gone his whole life with just his prehensile feet while his other genes remained dormant?
original in an early draft of x-2, there was suppose to be a scene at the end (while Xavier, was attacking the mind of all the mutants) we were going to see a shot of Hank in his lab/office transforming... do to the strain or what was happening....

so, I think it is someing he does always have dormant inside him, that would of eventually came out in a high stress situation or if pushed beyond his current ability...

Last edited:

The thing about Mystique is that she can shapeshift into anyone. That means that Fox should be able to accommodate Jennifer's shooting schedule with the Hunger Games sequel and fit her in at a later stage, because she could spend much of her time as another character.

And on another note, why are all the sexy pics of Jennifer in other threads?

tumblr_lxmg2xdkxO1r5pk19o1_500.gif

tumblr_lvj5x4XsCL1r5pk19o1_500.gif

tumblr_lviyud9uxa1r5pk19o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_lngfkvlSvq1qciah5o1_500.gif

tumblr_lngfr3vSmn1qciah5o1_500.gif

lets see play a lead in a gigantic twilgiht level franchise

play a side character in a franchise where you need to be painted naked for like 8 hours

lets see play a lead in a gigantic twilgiht level franchise

play a side character in a franchise where you need to be painted naked for like 8 hours

I have to agree. I'm probably in the minority here -- and perhaps you can chalk this up to poor character design -- but I just couldn't stand looking at her as Mystique. It could be that her particular features/bone structure don't lend well to the make-up, but, all I could think was "why is this young woman going bald?" That odd receding hairline and... just everything. But, more so than that, her character was just not written as all that interesting.

And, seeing as how she's now switched teams, I think another actress could easily slip into the body paint and portray a colder, more cynical version of Raven with menace and maturity.

I think it would be a shame if she didn't return. But at least the character of Mystique is comparably easy to recast, since the actress is covered up with tons of makeup and it would make sense that Mystique would leave her blond human form behind since that part of her life is over now.

^True, I would love Jennifer to come back as she is both a good actress and very good to look at, but she could easily be replaced, once that blue make-up is on you can barely tell the difference between her and another actress.

And who's to say Mystique wouldnt take on a more mature natural look either, like, as someone else mentioned, an Amber Heard type.

I have to agree. I'm probably in the minority here -- and perhaps you can chalk this up to poor character design -- but I just couldn't stand looking at her as Mystique. It could be that her particular features/bone structure don't lend well to the make-up, but, all I could think was "why is this young woman going bald?" That odd receding hairline and... just everything. But, more so than that, her character was just not written as all that interesting.

And, seeing as how she's now switched teams, I think another actress could easily slip into the body paint and portray a colder, more cynical version of Raven with menace and maturity.

Actually, I would have to agree. As much as I like Jennifer Lawrence and think she played a better Raven Darkholme, I think that Rebecca Romijn looks better in the blue make up than Jennifer does. Jennifer looks great when she's in human form, but somehow the blue makeup isn't as flattering on her. Rebecca still managed to look sexy (and I'm talking purely about her face not her body, although that was sexy too) despite looking more "alien". I didn't think that Jennifer's Raven was uninteresting though. Rebecca's version seemed rather wooden.

I think it would be a shame if she didn't return. But at least the character of Mystique is comparably easy to recast, since the actress is covered up with tons of makeup and it would make sense that Mystique would leave her blond human form behind since that part of her life is over now.

Well when Rebecca Romijn played her, she didn't have blonde hair when she reverted back to human form. She usually had black hair. I don't know what that's about. Was Raven supposed to have dyed it? Or was it just a different form she was assuming?

Amber Heard wouldn't be bad, but she ought to have really played Emma Frost.

Last edited:
Alice Eve should've been Emma Frost.

Amber would be an excellent Mystique.

Jennifer would've been a great Polaris.

Last edited:
Shooting this fall Is first I have heard of this.It may be rumor.This would mean coming out In next year and I doudt Fox will release an X-Men film anytime but summer.Inless
they are doing Sentinles and need a longer post production time for summer 2014 release.

Ok after checking this report started on The Hollywood reporter.So It Is likely true.It also says Fox would likely win since their opotion for her trumpts her hungar games
option.

But the big story here that few are talking about Is the First Class sequel may beguin filming this fall.This suggests they are further along with story and script than we have been led to believe.Is there trouble brewing with The Wolverine.Is there going to major CGI stuff that will require a long post production schedule.

Some time ago, I heard some talk of filming starting this fall and was very surprised, so much so that I kept it to myself.

But it sounds like it could be the case after all.

I'm beginning to piece together what may be happening but I dare not say what I think is going on, except that a First Class sequel looks like the priority.

Some time ago, I heard some talk of filming starting this fall and was very surprised, so much so that I kept it to myself.

But it sounds like it could be the case after all.

I'm beginning to piece together what may be happening but I dare not say what I think is going on, except that a First Class sequel looks like the priority.

Funny you say that.

Lionsgate wants to get filming going on Catching Fire by this Spring, in the event The Hunger Games take off like many expect. Fitting in Lawrence for both that and X-Men: Second Class will be next to impossible since both are gearing up around the same time and both gunning for 2013 releases.

She's signed up for more X-Men, yes, but contracts can (and regularly are) bought out. The only actors I'd say are definite to return are McAvoy and Fassbender personally.

Where are you getting these filming and release schedules for the X-Men: First Class sequel? We've not yet heard any commitment to a 2013 release, especially with The Wolverine and Deadpool also on the table to go this year. If they proceed with either or both of those first, then First Class 2 won't get under way for a while, giving Lawrence plenty of availability.

I take it you heard this after I already said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"