Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by bebawp, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

but its a sad decision :(

2. Loganbabe

Loganbabe Don't want your future

It is, indeed. :csad: I wish we could see more of Charles and Raven being siblings who loved each other in the sequel, because James and Jen had such a wonderful chemistry. But alas...

3. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

hopefully Singer give them a few special scenes on this sequel as the final kind of emotional moments between them before she becomes a dark mutant forever

4. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Emma Frost brainwashing Mystique to forget his relationship with Charles Xavier would be a great thing to do. It would really explain why she was so cold in the original trilogy.

5. BMM

BMM Well-Known Member

They may not even need to make the connection, depending on the ending of Days of Future Past.

6. Matt Mortem

Matt Mortem RIP Hype Forums

I would actually like that to happen if for no other reason than to salvage what's left of their continuity.

7. Mrs Vimes

Mrs Vimes Well-Known Member

I can see it going that way for sure, with lots of conflicted emotions on both sides.

That would explain it from Mystique's point of view, but it wouldn't explain why there was no concern or any hint of a past relationship on Charles' part. I can't believe that he would just completely forget about Raven's existence when he still wouldn't cut off Erik after everything Erik had done. Even if Charles accepted that Raven was gone from his life and didn't try to contact her or anything I'd still expect something from him. That entire relationship from First Class simply doesn't fit in with the original trilogy at all IMO, it's just another reason why I think that trying to tie it with the past films is a bad idea.

And actually, the hardest thing for filmmakers to explain would be why on earth Raven apparently decided to keep a vow of silence until it was absolutely necessary to talk :cwink: Honestly, the original!Mystique is almost unnaturally mute.

8. Loganbabe

Loganbabe Don't want your future

Well, it's not perfect but at least it's an acceptable solution. Because I can see Charles trying to contact her over and over in the next 30 years or so, to no avail, until he accepts that there's nothing else he can do - or at least he has to learn to live in a new reality in which Raven isn't part of his life anymore, that she's gone forever.

And maybe there are moments in the triolgy that we never got to see, when Charles is looking longingly at an old photo of a blond girl and his younger self. ;)

9. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

aww, thats a beautiful scenario.

your explanation seems pretty natural to me. They can easily connect FC to OTrilogy easily, with that idea of Emma erasing Ravens memory of Charles and Charles missing Raven during the next decades until the day he accepted that she is gone forever.

Just because the trilogy didnt show Charles caring about Raven doesnt mean he doesnt. All the characters have many feelings, the movies cant show them all. And they can always develop them in future sequels, if they want too.

10. Alison Blaire

Alison Blaire Well-Known Member

11. Great Mind(s)

Great Mind(s) Broken

Omg the crossover has begun

12. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

yeah!!!

its really cool, love when x-men actors meet out of the franchise

13. psylockolussus

Wow! Young Mystique and Jean just met!

14. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

would be great to see all the x-men of the franchise together on the same photo

that would be Epic!

:wow:

15. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

would be great to see all the x-men of the franchise together on the same photo

that would be Epic!

:wow:

16. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Crossover Part Deux

[​IMG]

Boom!

(That's from Kevin's new Fox show "The Following." I wonder if that show will interfere with Ashmore's scheduling.)

17. psylockolussus

Shawn Ashmore looks better now!

18. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

thats not fair kevin bacon is in everything he has probably been in a movie with every x men lol

19. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

I know you were kidding when you said that but that's not true at all. Off the top of head, I can't think of any Kevin Bacon movie where another X-men cast member appears. Only after imdb'ing his name did I come up with Ellen Page.

But even then, the second I saw the pic the first thought that came to mind was...Ashmore has a TV show, I wonder if that would interfere with X-men filming.

20. psylockolussus

Kevin Bacon isn't really *everywhere*. Besides X-Men First Class, the only movie that I saw from him was Crazy Stupid Love. And this new TV show is his first regular TV show in a long time.

21. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

Days of future past starts filming In april so If Shawn Ashmore Is In DOFP If the show Is picked up he can film it In the hituas.

You have to admire Jennifer Lawrence's stamnia.Finishing up catching fire.Attendings awards.Getting ready to shoot DOFP.Promating Catching fire.Plus has the final book In trilogy to shoot that Is being split In 2 parts.Plus any other work she has squeezed In besides Hungar games and X-Men.Plus next year promating DOFP.

22. psylockolussus

Exactly, if the Following gets renewed, the filming of season 2 would probably start in August or September of 2013 because most renewed shows film their season premieres during those months. Shawn Ashmore could definitely film his scenes in April or May or June and if he's really in the movie, I don't think he will do a lot of scenes compare to his role in X3.

23. Spider-Fan83

Spider-Fan83 with great power...

24. Great Mind(s)

Great Mind(s) Broken

And that guy's eyes, not at her face! Hollywood really loves Jennifer Lawrence..

25. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

That's Rob Riggle from the Daily Show. He was also in The Hangover ("In the face!!!")

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.