BvS Jesse Eisenberg IS Lex Luthor - - Part 11

Fancaster: I think actor X played a character similar to the one I want him/her to play so that's why I chose him/her.

An example would be the many fans who want Yvonne Strahovski to play Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers simply becuase she played a similar character on Chuck.

Is that a bad thing though?

If an actor has shown the qualities needed to play a character (even if its not as perfect a fit, as is in this case), it makes sense that fans would want them to play the character.

Is that a bad thing though?

If an actor has shown the qualities needed to play a character (even if its not as perfect a fit, as is in this case), it makes sense that fans would want them to play the character.

Oh I'm not saying whether it's good or bad I just found it interesting.

Also if the intention is to basically create an minichal Mark Zuckerberg, Eisenberg's casting is as perfect as it gets.

Their is usually two ways a director can chose an actor for a role...either the actor impressed the director in an audition, or the director saw the potential in the actor based on his previous work...such is the case with Jesse

Their is usually two ways a director can chose an actor for a role...either the actor impressed the director in an audition, or the director saw the potential in the actor based on his previous work...such is the case with Jesse

Yes but usually it is not to play such a similar character. I think what Snyder did here could be considered typecasting.

Yes but usually it is not to play such a similar character. I think what Snyder did here could be considered typecasting.

I think that's merely on a surface level. I'm sure Luthor will have many traits that separate him from Zuckerberg. Already, just from what we've seen in trailers, the two characters could not seem more different.

I think that's merely on a surface level. I'm sure Luthor will have many traits that separate him from Zuckerberg. Already, just from what we've seen in trailers, the two characters could not seem more different.

If I had to describe his performance from what we have seen so far I would say it's a combination of his Zuckerberg and Now You See Me character with some added ham.

2yx1wk4.jpg

i am so sure on everything on this film but jesse as lex is not even possible to get a feel for until seeing his whole performance i think.

After reading the prequel comic I can safely say that I love this intepretation of Lex Luthor. I am so glad they have reinvented Lex Luthor, it's exactly what the character needed.

After reading the prequel comic I can safely say that I love this intepretation of Lex Luthor. I am so glad they have reinvented Lex Luthor, it's exactly what the character needed.

in the comic he didn't seem any different from STAS Luthor

Well then that should quiet all the loudest critics since that seems to be exactly what they wanted in terms of characterization. ;)

Well then that should quiet all the loudest critics since that seems to be exactly what they wanted in terms of characterization. ;)

well i don't think so. As we've seen from the trailer he definitely will have a quirky side to him that STAS didn't have. Whether people will warm up to that side i think will be the determining factor for a lot of those worried

I don't agree at all, STAS Luthor wasn't that nice to the public, sure he out on a facade but he still was brash in public. I think it could maybe be similar to what that Luthor became in JLU when he www putting in a facade but not even that was exactly like this.

well i don't think so. As we've seen from the trailer he definitely will have a quirky side to him that STAS didn't have.

Okay, so now he is different to the STAS version? Which is it?

Okay, so now he is different to the STAS version? Which is it?

i said the comic version was like him. The comic didn't show the quirky side that the trailer does.

I found Lex in STAS to be charming with the public, at least at first

Considering Eisenberg has talked about a scene where he goes bald I think that's supposed to be his real hair. Its very reminiscent of the young Luthor from Superman Birthright.

Lex-Luthor-Superman-Birthright.jpg

I love how Lex drops his public cheery facade the moment Superman's name was brought up.

Honestly that whole comic felt like the traditional luthor to me.

CaX_kRAWQAAcv1L.jpg

I liked that the aspects Jesse was talking about his Luthor come through in these comics. The whole part about how he feels he's saying the truth, or his version anyway, lines up with stuff Jesse and others have said about this Luthor.

I just read an article written by Jesse about his relationship with NBA star Andre Drummond. Never would I ever Jesse being really good friends with him of all people! Nor did I picture him as an NBA fan.

Lex stars in Turkish Airlines 'Fly to Metropolis' promo.

[YT]watch?v=TReIozZ1b10[/YT]

Like what they're doing with the marketing...though it just occured to me...Lex has his own airlines...why wouldn't he promote LexWing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"