BvS Jesse Eisenberg IS Lex Luthor - - Part 11

Personally I found both Gene Hackman and Kevin Spacey's Lex were far more intimidating and came as far more threatening than Eisen-Luthor. And some how they managed to write a Movie Lex plot that was even more idiotic and nonsensical than his plot in Superman Returns.

Oh and I defended Eisenberg's casting for a long time, because I thought that he could pull it off. But this, this was just BAD imo. EVERY scene with him was a chore to get through.

I didn't like the idea of Eisenberg when he was cast. Still kept an open mind. Saw him in the trailers. Didn't like him. Still kept an open mind. Saw him in the movie. Confirmed my concerns over him.

I like it when some people are basically saying "I can understand why some people don't like this take, but it's a valid one, and I do like it", and some troll comes and replies "lol, it's just an awful take, there is no liking it, because I said so".

This is why most haters of this movie are way more annoying than this Lex Luthor to me: they keep claiming their opinion is fact. But here is a fact: some people loved this movie. some people even loved this Lex Luthor. You have the right no to like Lexeinberg of course. But don't try to pass your opinion as fact, because it really is annoying. And tiring, since some people keep hating on everything after several months. Talk about being obsessed.
I like it when the defenders call the detractors trolls and twist their words in an attempt at discrediting their opinion.

What's funny is...if you've ever seen the double, he can pull off a smarmy, cold *****ebag....maybe he knew the movie would be godawful. Who knows.

The 2 casting choices that were failures in regards to DC movies is Jesse and Amy. I thought Jesse would be a surprise but I just didn't like his crazed boy genius Facebook Lex. I feel 2 men like Bats and Supes need to have another man for their villain not a man child. And what was up with that disgusting jolly rancher scene.

I think Amy was good choice she just have boring version of Lois to play. Jesse is bad casting and bad acting for Lex Luthor.

Watching the ultimate cut I still hate Eisenbergs Lex and hate Snyder even more for creating and casting this version of Lex. This is one time when fanboys first reaction to a surprise casting choice was the right reaction.

I think Amy was good choice she just have boring version of Lois to play. Jesse is bad casting and bad acting for Lex Luthor.
Amy is too old to be Lois. She's in her forties and 8 years older than Cavill :loco:

14358781_1105454079580797_692716649992079145_n.jpg

just perfect. ;)

He may have write Birthright but he doesn't know what I soured the filmmakers, the pictures above prove they at least took queues from his look. Lex in Birthright is unhinged as is Lex in BvS.

Also if you read the prequel elements in Birthright you'll see he's not that confident in situations where there are lots of people, in BvS when Lex is doing his speech at the party we see from his speech that he's not very confident wity lots of people around.

So Waid might not like it but they most certainly took elements from his version of Lex, no it's not a direct adaptation but there as undeniable aspects.

"Lenny Luthor":lmao:
Amy is too old to be Lois. She's in her forties and 8 years older than Cavill :loco:

Please. If we can have all the men in Hollywood in romances with characters played by actresses 20 years younger than them, people can suck it up and deal with Lois being older than Clark.

Why does taking cues from Birthright automatically justify the performance and make it good?

Also, god bless Mark Waid for that tweet.

Why does taking cues from Birthright automatically justify the performance and make it good?

Also, god bless Mark Waid for that tweet.

Nobody is saying it does or doesn't but just because Waid doesn't like the performance doesn't mean it didn't take cues from Birthright.

Nobody is saying it does or doesn't but just because Waid doesn't like the performance doesn't mean it didn't take cues from Birthright.
Seeing Luthor looking over glowing kryptonite or being chained up in prison is hardly some new revolutionary invention that Birthright created.

Seeing Luthor looking over glowing kryptonite or being chained up in prison is hardly some new revolutionary invention that Birthright created.

Didn't say it was but as I said there are "elements" of Birthright in the BvS Luthor, both are unhinged, both are awkward infront of people and the look is the same.

If you'd read my original post you'd have seen all this. It's not a direct adaptation but there's definitely influences whether you like it or not.

Redeemable as Lex only if he is full blown business man version without the gimmicky ticks.

A well deserved nomination.

Jeremy got a nom for being Alfred? He was one of the saving graces of BvS! That's ********!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"