Jesse Eisenberg is Lex Luthor

Discussion in 'Upcoming Superman Solo Movie' started by ManWithNoName18, Aug 10, 2016.

1. ManWithNoName18 Registered

What do you want to see out of Lex in a MOS 2?

2. BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

A more confident and less socially awkward Lex revelling in the fact that he killed Superman. His main concern is repairing his public image while taking advantage of anti-meta rhetoric to garner political influence.

Don't want him to be the villain, but rather a player on the board making moves for some sinister **** down the line. Like becoming POTUS, "deporting" Superman LOL, making the Justice League illegal, cracking down on vigilantism while secretly funding Amanda Waller and creating intiatives like Cadmus to rival the Justice League.

3. Sawyer High King

I'd like one of two things:

1. A complete disconnect from the BVS' portrayal of Lex. Either the Apokolips influence was making him act bizarre in the first place or it leaves him a changed (though still nefarious) man in the end. Don't care which.

or

2. His old man isn't dead (faked his death, went into witness protection, don't care) and comes back to Metropolis upon his son's incarceration, feels a similar (though better defined) sense of hatred toward Superman and takes on the role of Superman's nemesis. And, as an added bonus, mocks his imprisoned son incessantly ("You had to get your head shaved to look like that? This baldness is all natural, b****!")

4. Rowsdower! Registered

I wasn't crazy about Luthor Sr. coming back to take his son's place but you know what? That could actually work well. Especially since Dex *****er Jr. is in jail and might not be able to take his company back over if he ever gets out. But that could pave the way for Luthor Sr. to show up and be like, "My idiot son ran this organization into the ground. I'm here to make it right again."

5. Sawyer High King

I still contend that Eisenberg was more than capable of putting on a decent Birthright-esque Luthor, but I think they just soiled themselves too badly with BVS. That's why I think I'm leaning toward Lex Sr. being alive.

6. Rowsdower! Registered

Yeah, I agree with that. I think they were going for a Birthright-esque Lex... but then they just went off the rails with it.

7. Sawyer High King

And the point that they went of the rails was "Nevermind, lets just spoof Max Landis."

8. Tony Gunk Clown Prince of Crime

Hope he's kept out of it all together, hate what they did with the character and having him in MOS2 would already be one strike against it

9. marcvader Lurker #1

How about no Lex in this one please.

10. Sawyer High King

You'll get Lex AND YOU'LL LIKE IT!!! :argh:

11. ManWithNoName18 Registered

Another potential question. How would you want Lex to come back? He has really damning evidence against him, and in BVS he was caught both creating Doomsday, blowing up the senate building, and framing Superman by using the whole African subplot deal. Show could he come back as the CEO of a major corporation?

12. Chip Chipperson the big guy

what does the lex say

13. BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

Temporary insanity and coercion through contact with extraterrestrial technology sounds like a defense his attorneys would push for.

His time at Arkham/Belle Reeve and his win over Superman hardens him psychologically.

14. Wise Watchtower Janitor

They need to just recast and forget Eisenberg's Lex ever happened.

The best way to fix the situation is to rip it off like a bandaid.

Just have someone like Mark Strong come in, inhabit the role of Lex Luthor as suave, charming and cunning villain and after 5 minutes of screentime noone will remember Eisenberg's "performance".

15. Boom I got nothin'

Just bring in Lex Luthor Sr. to clean up his son's mess.

16. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

Bryan Cranston. I'm still down.

17. BH/HHH You Are My World

But from BvS it's clear he's dead. So unless they do some crazy sunplot where Lex Jnr has Daddy locked up in a cell somewhere & has been pretending he's dead or they do a simple retcon I don't think it's gonna happen.

I actually think they'd be more likely to recast the role than do that.

18. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

I gotta say, wasn't too much of a fan of Eisenberg's Lex in BvS. However, in that end credit scene in JL I thought he was pretty good. That looked much closer to the Lex we all know and love.