Jessica Jones Jessica Jones FULL SEASON ONE Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

He was having a psychotic break, and fire purges most evidence. All they'd be able to recover would be chemicals that burned, the gun shot, etc. And even though Jess bluffed with ballistics, it would come back too.

really really good season. thought the 4 leads were great. trish is one beautiful woman. all this lawyer talk throughout the show had me hoping to see matt but i guess claire is enough of a tie in.

Rewatching the show a 2nd time. Felt it was very good the first time, but I find watching 13 hours straight often makes it difficult to digest everything just watched. And I have to say I am getting a lot more out of it and enjoying it considerably more the 2nd time at a slower pace.

Surfer

He was having a psychotic break, and fire purges most evidence. All they'd be able to recover would be chemicals that burned, the gun shot, etc. And even though Jess bluffed with ballistics, it would come back too.

While I think this explains 3/4 of it since his behavior was more delusional than logical, the only thing I'd add is this: My impression was the motivating factor is he wanted to kill Kilgrave and he felt that Clemons would want to stop him so he could face trial.

Oh, yea. His motivation for that kill was definitely because he thought Clemons would stop him. The fire was him covering it up.

EDIT: Was anyone else reminded of the Russian fight in Punisher 04 by the fight with Nuke?

Last edited:
Do you guys reckon they shouldn't have killed off Kilgrave?

Nah i"m fine with it. Look, i get why people would want to keep a character like that alive. Tennant killed the role but in all honesty, within the world of the show, there is absolutely zero logic in keeping him alive. He is waaaay too risky and unrepentantly evil.

Exactly. Don't want to pull a Sylar from Heroes where you take a cool villain and try to redeem him just to keep him around.

I can't see where they'd go with him if they had kept him around. The series was about Jessica pushing past her trauma and fear to become the hero that the situation required of her. And she did. She even gave Kilgrave a litmus test to see if he could be heroic and he failed. Epically.

T"Challa;32480517 said:
Nah i"m fine with it. Look, i get why people would want to keep a character like that alive. Tennant killed the role but in all honesty, within the world of the show, there is absolutely zero logic in keeping him alive. He is waaaay too risky and unrepentantly evil.

May be. I guess the question was asked cause he wasn't just a cool villain but cause he was sorta her main foe and could possible be used with the avengers some how too if say they are done with movies let them trickle down to the netflix shows. or more likely would be a good group villain for the team she ,Luke ,iron fist will form with dare devil. so it's understandable why this was asked. the thing is the ordinary cops have nothing to hold kill grave in jail cell wise or orevent him from using his powers to escape. Un less shield get's involved(and they are locked up due to being on another network).

so... we'll see what the writers do I guess.

Last edited:
I can't see where they'd go with him if they had kept him around. The series was about Jessica pushing past her trauma and fear to become the hero that the situation required of her. And she did. She even gave Kilgrave a litmus test to see if he could be heroic and he failed. Epically.

I didn't finish.. Episode 10. I knew Killgrave would die, but as of episode 10, he can't control Jessica?? Someone please tell me he can control her still or that he allowed because I find that to be absolutely stupid. I get it, but the whole Killgrave-Jessica dynamic was incredible. Her finding a way to stop him through fearing his control/and finding a way around it is what I found most exciting about this season. If she's immune now, ouch.

Last edited:
I didn't finish.. Episode 10. I knew Killgrave would die, but as of episode 10, he can't control Jessica?? Someone please tell me he can control her still or that he allowed because I find that to be absolutely stupid. I get it, but the whole Killgrave-Jessica dynamic was incredible. Her finding a way to stop him through fearing his control/and finding a way around it is what I found most exciting about this season. If she's immune now, ouch.
He hasn't been able to control her since she got away from him the night Reva died. His whole "I want you to choose" shtick up to that point was just a bluff, because he knew he had no power over her, and she didn't.

Last edited:

No, he's lost the ability to control her. It's not specifically said why, but's implied she became immune through willpower. Yes, really.

kill grave is mostly know as a mind controller in that he take over your motor functions and he makes it seem like you are doing it.mostly in the books and animated series,(earth mighiest heroes ) he hasn't shown the ability to project thought's to make them think they have certain memory's false or true. .

Unless the show runners say he has that ability and faked his death. He's likely dead.

kill grave is mostly know as a mind controller in that he take over your motor functions and he makes it seem like you are doing it.mostly in the books and animated series,(earth mighiest heroes ) he hasn't shown the ability to project thought's to make them think they have certain memory's false or true. .

Unless the show runners say he has that ability and faked his death. He's likely dead.
It's possible, as he didn't get a very big powerup after the final potentially fatal serum his dad gave him (only thing it did was make us question if he could control Jessica or not) - so who knows. Maybe he did get the ability to make people think they've done something or seen something that they truly haven't.

But until that's confirmed I'd say he's dead. But who knows, this is the MCU and comics in general we're talking about.

I can't see where they'd go with [Kilgrave] if they had kept him around.

I agree. As much as I liked the character, Kilgrave didn't have much left to show us. Any reappearance of his character would be more of the same stuff. I'm happy he's dead and honesty, I was tired of him constantly getting away.

He hasn't been able to control her since she got away from him the night Reva died. His whole "I want you to choose" shtick up to that point was just a bluff, because he knew he had no power over her, and she didn't.

I know, but those earlier episodes that wasn't known, so it made it suspenseful. Other than that, and Trish, I think the show is awesome

I liked the show a lot. Definitely on par with Daredevil S1. But it wavered at times and fizzled a bit at the end. Very adult themes though. Epic amount of sex. As much sex in this show as violence in Daredevil. Ritter, Tennant and Colter were all amazing. Most of the supporting cast was decent. Glad to see [BLACKOUT]Rosario[/BLACKOUT] at the end.

Really didn't think Kilgrave shouldve died. For the same reasons Fisk didn't/shouldn't have died. It only leads me to believe that perhaps they aren't really planning a S2. Honestly if they roped her into Heroes for Hire instead I'd be satisfied. Still Purple Man is phenomenal and he was portrayed so well in the show, I call foul only giving him one season. Heck, maybe they'll pull a Moriarty in the BBC Sherlock. Maybe.

Anyway, very excited about Luke Cage now. Very excited about DD S2 too. Good job once again Marvel/Netflix.

I liked the show a lot. Definitely on par with Daredevil S1. But it wavered at times and fizzled a bit at the end. Very adult themes though. Epic amount of sex. As much sex in this show as violence in Daredevil. Ritter, Tennant and Colter were all amazing. Most of the supporting cast was decent. Glad to see [BLACKOUT]Rosario[/BLACKOUT] at the end.

Really didn't think Kilgrave shouldve died. For the same reasons Fisk didn't/shouldn't have died. It only leads me to believe that perhaps they aren't really planning a S2. Honestly if they roped her into Heroes for Hire instead I'd be satisfied. Still Purple Man is phenomenal and he was portrayed so well in the show, I call foul only giving him one season. Heck, maybe they'll pull a Moriarty in the BBC Sherlock. Maybe.

Anyway, very excited about Luke Cage now. Very excited about DD S2 too. Good job once again Marvel/Netflix.

[BLACKOUT]Considering they spent time setting up a plot line for season 2, I'm not sure why you assume this over one villain.[/BLACKOUT]

I quite liked Nuke. His arc as the remorseful cop who was appalled at what Purple Man had made him do made him feel really sympathetic and his relationship with Patsy/Trish made him incredibly likeable. So when he turned and shot Clemens it was a really powerful moment. Hope we see more of him in the MCU.

Though the Netflix series seem to be batting two for two when it comes to unfortunate outcomes for likeable old black guys. lol

Oh, yea. His motivation for that kill was definitely because he thought Clemons would stop him. The fire was him covering it up.

EDIT: Was anyone else reminded of the Russian fight in Punisher 04 by the fight with Nuke?

Yeah. I was reminded of the Punisher fight with the Russian also.

Though the Netflix series seem to be batting two for two when it comes to unfortunate outcomes for likeable old black guys. lol

Ha! Just what I was thinking. Seeing him get shot, I was all like "Come on! Why do you keep killing off the experienced black guy?!"

I think my only complaint about them killing off Kilgrave was that he was such a great villain, and Tennant did such a fantastic job that Kilgrave would have been a great villain to return in The Defenders. It's obviously not known yet what enemy The Defenders will face, but I was hoping a few from the stand-alone shows would return (Kingpin might) and Kilgrave's powers are dangerous enough that JJ might have needed some help from the others.

No, he's lost the ability to control her. It's not specifically said why, but's implied she became immune through willpower. Yes, really.

Eh, better than the comics where Daredevil was immune through willpower from the very beginning.

Eh, better than the comics where Daredevil was immune through willpower from the very beginning.

Oh, seriously? I didn't know that. What's the point of having him be a Daredevil villain if his powers don't affect DD?

He doesn't need to be able to affect the hero, when he can still affect pretty much everyone else around him. Try fighting a guy, when he's ordering countless of innocent people to go after you.

Excellent series. Kilgrave had to die. It gives some closure to jess and there was really nothing left to explore with him.

Now why did reeva have that information and what else is on the drive? Why is luke on it? Is icq (or whatever their name is) responsible for the creation of luke as well? What happened to the other kids that were being experimented on? Did they get powers?

Will jess be in luke cage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"