Jessica Jones Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Press tour probably won't kick off until a month before the show debuts. Some Netflix shows don't really do much press until a few weeks before release.

New season hits in two months. Where's the press? Why isn't Melissa Rosenberg talking about what's happening with where Jessica is headed? Where's the talk about how Nuke fits into the plot? How is Killgrave alive again? Isn't the real villain rumored to be Karl Malus and if he is Nuke's boss, why isn't he in the trailer?

Beyond interviews with Rosenberg, where is the plot synopsis for the second season?

I agree. We've gotten so little. They better hurry soon or they will be overshadowed by all the press/promotion/attention toward say Black Panther.

Press tour probably won't kick off until a month before the show debuts. Some Netflix shows don't really do much press until a few weeks before release.

We usually get a final trailer when we're a month away.

The big surprise for me was nothing at NYCC. I get that Punisher was the focus and then that got cancelled, but I expected something. The change in marketing might be legitimate for them (don't spoil too much), but it's also frustrating. Part of this is because I tend to make a reading list in preparation for the show. I was already frustrated with the secret release date for Punisher because I couldn't figure out how quickly I had to read. With Season One, I read most of Alias (I didn't finish it in time and had to finish after). With Season Two, I'll read some stuff with Patsy Walker, but I'm otherwise at a loss. I can read Typhoid Mary based on the rumor that she'll be in the show, but who knows if that's true? Why can't they give some hints as to the main cast, at least.

The big surprise for me was nothing at NYCC. I get that Punisher was the focus and then that got cancelled, but I expected something. The change in marketing might be legitimate for them (don't spoil too much), but it's also frustrating. Part of this is because I tend to make a reading list in preparation for the show. I was already frustrated with the secret release date for Punisher because I couldn't figure out how quickly I had to read. With Season One, I read most of Alias (I didn't finish it in time and had to finish after). With Season Two, I'll read some stuff with Patsy Walker, but I'm otherwise at a loss. I can read Typhoid Mary based on the rumor that she'll be in the show, but who knows if that's true? Why can't they give some hints as to the main cast, at least.

Speaking of Typhoid, if Ingrid is Mary Walker, then she should have been Hispanic. This would be the third time Marvel whitewashed a villain. Guy Pierce as Mandarin was pathetic. Then we had Paul Schulze as William Rawlins despite the character being Arab-American.

Here's a pic of Lola Ponce in a leather jacket to remind you that there were better (and more accurate) choices for Typhoid. And she isn't even my first choice.

https://www.gettyimages.com/event/le-due-facce-dellamore-rome-photocall-104379487?esource=SEO_GIS_CDN_Redirect#actress-lola-ponce-attends-le-due-facce-dellamore-photocall-at-villa-picture-id104787531

Is there some story I'm missing where Typhoid Mary is hispanic? I certainly didn't get that impression from JRJr's art.

Has the series helped the comic's sales or recognition at all?

I remember watching it early on when it dropped and was amazed that it was a superhero series. It was filmed in such a noir way that you couldn't tell outside of say Kilgrave's overacting scenes. Same as how Luke Cage felt very Wire-esque outside of say Diamondback's cartoony scenes.

I happened to have just re-read her first appearance. The only way I could possibly think that is Max Scheele's colors in that she's not as pale as everyone else. But in the original pages, she's not that much darker and I think the intent was that she's burning a fever, hence why she's got a slightly more reddish tone.

But she looks pretty typical for Romita's characters (Mary that is, although Typhoid fits his punk rock aesthetics) and her last name is Walker.

I never got the impression she was Hispanic.

Although I wouldn't have a problem if they cast one in the role. I'd just rather she be used in Daredevil, but understand why they'd move her here.

Also, they "white washed" the Mandarin, because the Mandarin's original visual conception is hilariously racist, to the point of toxicity. Even if the Chinese government would have approved a movie with a Chinese villain ( and they wouldn't have ), it would have been a *reaaally* good idea to not use the Mandarin as such.

Also, they "white washed" the Mandarin, because the Mandarin's original visual conception is hilariously racist, to the point of toxicity. Even if the Chinese government would have approved a movie with a Chinese villain ( and they wouldn't have ), it would have been a *reaaally* good idea to not use the Mandarin as such.

The concept of a government "approving" a movie is foreign (pun intended) to me.

Hopefully season 2 gets more publicity than the first season. To me, it seemed to somehow sailed under the radar until the critical response was universal.

jessicajones.jpg

The concept of a government "approving" a movie is foreign (pun intended) to me.

Well, you have to remember that a film is an import, and imported products do need government approval.

Well, you have to remember that a film is an import, and imported products do need government approval.

Oh.....wow.....now it makes sense. I'm glad the US government is here to protect me against those foreign films. I hope the shielding they provide doesn't drag the quality of movies and acting in the US down.

There's more where that comes from.

Most notable is the fact that Trish seems to have bought a gun of her own.
323_VIOLET_211_Unit_01730R_FULL.jpg

254_VIOLET_203_Unit_02579R_FULL.jpg

I'm guessing after hearing of Karen's near-death experience at the hands of Lewis Wilson, it's reasonable that Trish would get extra protection.

Who was Lewis Wilson again?

Is that in the Punisher? I haven't gotten that far yet.

I thought she already had a gun at her flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"