Jessica Jones Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

You mean television and film are two completely different mediums! :eek: :oldrazz:

Films have had decent villains before Marvel started making films, I don't know why that is suddenly an impossible task now?

Sometimes, but not necessarily (back at you :cwink:). I guess I'm one of the ones who actually liked some of the Marvel villains (movie). My point was that there's more time to delve with 13 episodes. It helps the protagonist too. Loved JJ.

I don't think that all of their villains are bad. I like some of them.

So I'm rewatching the show and just started the second episode but I have a question: when do you find out who recommended Jessica to Hopes parents after Hope went missing? I assume it was Kilgrave but does that detail ever get revealed? Just curious.

So I'm rewatching the show and just started the second episode but I have a question: when do you find out who recommended Jessica to Hopes parents after Hope went missing? I assume it was Kilgrave but does that detail ever get revealed? Just curious.

First episode. He's not named, but it's made clear by them saying he had a British accent.

Finished this yesterday and LOVED it! So good. I am in love with Luke Cage, what a hunk!

I was wondering for a while if JJ had the power of invisibility because of the way she would sneak into places just by standing there with her head down, it made me laugh a few times.

I think this has to be the most enjoyable live action Marvel viewing so far.

You know,
I've never really been particularly attracted to Krysten Ritter, but I've managed to develope a crush on her after getting into this show. :funny:

It's the drinkin' and the fightin' :o

Finished this yesterday and LOVED it! So good. I am in love with Luke Cage, what a hunk!

I was wondering for a while if JJ had the power of invisibility because of the way she would sneak into places just by standing there with her head down, it made me laugh a few times.

I think this has to be the most enjoyable live action Marvel viewing so far.
I really liked the guy playing Luke Cage as well.

You know,
I've never really been particularly attracted to Krysten Ritter, but I've managed to develope a crush on her after getting into this show. :funny:

It's the drinkin' and the fightin' :o

Terrible crush on this end. It's all in the attitude. JJ's actually a very nice person....a little puppy dog even. She's just had a bit of a tough time

EDIT: I intentionally understated this and it was a mistake. I was making a very poor attempt at humor, but domestic abuse of any sort is not a joke. What this character went through, I can't even begin to imagine. I actually woke up around 2:30 this morning thinking about what I wrote and regretted writing it. So, if anyone was offended, my apologies for writing something really, really stupid. I should know better because I've seen domestic abuse and witnessed its effects firsthand. I do, however, stand by the statement that she just developed a few rough edges here and there. :ilv:

and has developed a few rough edges here and there.

It helps if you've actually hung out with people who have similar characteristics and are a bit off the beaten path yourself.

Last edited:
If you read this, it sounds like a season 2 is a done deal. I haven't, however, heard any official announcement. Anyone know anything?

http://www.designntrend.com/article...rrie-anne-moss-and-ep-talk-about-season-2.htm

Previous quotes suggested there was no time table, but it would likely be after the Defenders. There's nothing there that suggests otherwise, unfortunately. They're just saying they have ideas for the second season. It doesn't seem to be that there's a set plan.

I so want a second season. As focused as this one was on it's big arc I think a season with some cool/funny/interesting stand alone episodes would be nice if they were sprinkled through the run. Just some "daily life" of a PI type material. The format of her job, and new found notoriety lends itself to various scenarios. Three or four episodes of Jess working a case not connected to the season's arc could a change of pace and explore different sides of Jessica.

It's all about the ratings. Maybe there wasn't as many viewers watching JJ as there were watching DD.

Even without hearing the people involved talking about season 2 as if it already existed, would I have felt very sure about there being a season 2 and that the viewership was very, very good.

I so want a second season. As focused as this one was on it's big arc I think a season with some cool/funny/interesting stand alone episodes would be nice if they were sprinkled through the run. Just some "daily life" of a PI type material. The format of her job, and new found notoriety lends itself to various scenarios. Three or four episodes of Jess working a case not connected to the season's arc could a change of pace and explore different sides of Jessica.

I think that's a terrific idea if they can find some really interesting material for it. They could probably even have the bad guys (gals) loosely related to the season arc. Sort of like taking out a few pawns and knights before going after the King/Queen.

It's all about the ratings. Maybe there wasn't as many viewers watching JJ as there were watching DD.
No there's really schedule "problems, it isn't new, she was already saying that when the show just premier.

"I hope so. There certainly is storytelling wise. The question becomes is there actual time? There are logistics involved, because Defenders has to shoot by a certain time, contractually. Actually, I’m not sure; I’m not at all involved in those conversations, much to my dismay. The first question is whether or not we will even get a second season. The second question is, if so, when? Will it be before The Defenders or after? I’d certainly love it to be before but there are things that play into that — time, availability.”

http://screenrant.com/jessica-jones-season-2/

Really quick question guys that has really been bugging me for some reason. In ep. 13 when Malcolm first see Luke injured, he says "Must've took a lot to hurt him" or something similar. . . . Ummm I don't remember anyone informing malcolm of Lukes powers other than when jessica said "If he was kilgraived you'd already be dead" and that doesn't scream I have unbreakable skin! if you ask me. . . Can anybody help me out?

I really hope that JJ S2 is before the Defenders. Netflix themselves are saying they plan to double their original series the other day so I don't see why not but I suppose it's mainly a Marvel decision.

This might also be just me but it would be kind of annoying and show they aren't planning to prioritize female characters at all if DD get's a second season asap and not JJ. :whatever:

I'd love this. I loved Tennant as Kigrave and that whole arc in the first season but sometimes I wished that everything wasn't always tied back to him, same with Fisk in DD. I think the PI stuff could be a really interesting and other aspects of her life.

I really hope that JJ S2 is before the Defenders. Netflix themselves are saying they plan to double their original series the other day so I don't see why not but I suppose it's mainly a Marvel decision.

This might also be just me but it would be kind of annoying and show they aren't planning to prioritize female characters at all if DD get's a second season asap and not JJ. :whatever:

I'd love this. I loved Tennant as Kigrave and that whole arc in the first season but sometimes I wished that everything wasn't always tied back to him, same with Fisk in DD. I think the PI stuff could be a really interesting and other aspects of her life.

I'd love it too. OK. Who's the next baddie in season 2 (assuming Kilgrave doesn't get a neck massage and acupuncture :cwink: )?

The company MGH IGH, I'd assume.

Last edited:
Unless they tie MGH into Luke Cage or to Defenders in some way then I think it's a good bet that MGH will be explored in season two.

The company MGH, I'd assume.

AKA IGH??.....no mutant references for us.....

That would probably make for a good series. Maybe better for Defenders. It would be cool because it could allow for more than one baddie and she could take out a few of them on her way to getting to the top.

Woops, IGH. The speculation is starting to get to me. I suspect the Hand will be the Defenders villain.

Question: If this does get a second season, who would be the villain? I've read very little of the Alias comics, but there it was just Kilgrave.

Kilgrave was only at the end. The first few issues was a government conspiracy.

I doubt they'll do the Cap story, and the Mutant Growth Hormone is off limits. JJ doesn't have the history the others do, so it will be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"