Jessica Jones Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Past Marvel Series' started by Thread Manager, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Marvel Spider An Insomniac.

2. I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

Yes! Renewed. I was worried there for a bit since we had no news for a while.

3. mace1 Registered

"Jessica Jones" Gets Second Season Renewal from Netflix
    [​IMG]
    Krysten Ritter will be back cracking cases and skulls in "Jessica Jones" season two.
    The second series from Marvel TV and Netflix's landmark deal is also the second to get a season two pickup.

Full article here.

4. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Is there another bad guy they can use or will Nuke be the main one this time? So happy this is renewed!

5. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

I had come to terms with the fact that we wouldn't get a season 2, but I'm happy to be wrong there.

6. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

In the comics the most people who were her enemies (except for the Purple Man) were just normal people involved in something somehow related to superheroes. I think they could have the IGH group as the main villain, with Nuke working for them. From what we've seen the IGH experiments are also very similar to the origins of Spider-Woman, so this could serve as a backdoor to that as well. Plus, IGH stuff leaking out and being used as a recreational superdrug sold by dealers like the Mutant Growth Hormone/Mattie Franklin arc from the comics could tie into it as well. And Jessica already has personal motivation to go after them because she wants to know why she has her powers.

7. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Interesting, thanks. I hope we see more than just Nuke though as Jessica already kicked his ass.

8. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Happy to see the show got renewed
    They can use any villain from the comics.

Nuke isn't a associated with Jessica Jones in the comics. It would be interesting to see what villains they choose to use next season. I think it would be cool to have a female villain next time around. Superia (Dr. Deidre Wentworth) might make a good villain. They could tie her character into the IGH experiments

#83 chamber-music, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  9. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Ah yeah of course, will be nice to see who they choose then. Would love to see Mr Hyde from SHIELD turn up, him and Jessica seem about equal in terms of power.

10. samsnee Ok

This makes more excited than Daredevil getting a second season. After Matt got his real suit, it kind of felt like the end of the story. But for JJ, there's still so much about her past we don't know. It'll be tough to top Killgrave, but they have my faith.

11. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

:up:

12. I SEE SPIDEY Registered

I am so ****ing happy that a season 2 is official. It wouldn't have made any damn sense to give such a good show one season.

13. Man in the Suit Greeting

According to Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos, the sophomore run (which will again consist of 13 episodes) won’t debut until the upcoming Marvel series The Defenders wraps its first season: “The complex [part] is really running into The Defenders. [That] production schedule will affect a lot of the Season 2 and Season 3 outputs [for other Marvel projects].”

http://tvline.com/2016/01/17/jessica-jones-renewed-season-2-netflix/

14. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Took them long enough.

[​IMG]

15. Slick Yup

Nice to hear about season 2 and that Melissa Rosenberg is coming back.

16. Speed Force Goober

17. Mike Murdock Registered

What are you talking about? They barely adapted any the first time around? They'll either do the same thing they did for season one or they'll adapt issues left out (my guess is the former).

18. Broseph44 Witness Me

19. Jammat Registered

I hope so, I don't want to see Killgrave back (even though he was an excellent villain) I want a new and very different story. Jones investigating IGH, and finding out about their experiments, with Nuke and others like them acting as their muscle, could work well.

20. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

Isn't this what Rosenberg's been saying all along? I don't get why people were worried. A renewal was in the cards after the reception the first one got. It was just the juggling of the time frame in which to do it in relation to the time frame of the Defenders series(and for the record, that NY Post lady can kiss my ass with her OP-ED bull****!). So no surprises here for me and I was never really worried. Nice to have final confirmation all the same though.

21. Slick Yup

22. TheVileOne Registered

Daredevil got its renewal very quickly. They waited longer for Jessica Jones. There wasn't a peep, so yeah people got worried.

23. fixxxer ...goes to 11

Awesome (if expected) news.

24. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos called bull**** on NBC's rating estimate and then delivered a burn on NBC's own show ratings.

25. TheVileOne Registered

I think the only problem there is that does anyone actually know the ratings for Netflix's original TV shows? I don't think we ever get that kind of data.