Jessica Jones Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Past Marvel Series' started by Thread Manager, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Joined:
    Dec 27, 2012
    As Silvermoon said, they haven't announced it yet, but if I may wager a probably completely inaccurate guess, I'm going to say July or August. Jessica Jones started filming in February, Daredevil season 2 started filming in July. 8-9 month gaps from then to release. Luke Cage started filming in December, so 8 months lands it in July, 9 months in August.

2. Mike Murdock Registered

Did you see my followup post?

My question was whether that image was a teaser for Luke Cage.

3. TyBig Registered

I wonder which hero will be the Scott Lang replacement is season 2.

4. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

I hope we get a more physical villain who can go toe to toe with Jessica next season. You aren't getting a better physiological villain than Kilgrave so I would rather they went the opposite direction.

Nuke was for a little bit but a fully fit Jessica would have ripped him apart I think.

5. marcvader Lurker #1

They also nee to work on Ritter's ability to sell some of the fighting choreography better.

6. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Do you think it was down to her or the direction though? I thought the latter myself.

7. TeeKay Registered

Direction. Sure she's a brawler but there were some inconsistencies with her abilities at times.

8. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Yeah I thought it was Direction also. And agreed about the inconsistencies, they were my biggest problem with the show really.

9. marcvader Lurker #1

I had no issue with the way they portrayed her ability or lack there of. My problem was with the way she sold hitting and being hit as well as her posture and weight destribution which you can blame on direction. Even Colter looked goofy sometimes. It's one of the very few things that bothered me throughout.

10. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Agreed, it was definitely down to direction, hopefully they have learned from the first season if the directors are going to come back. If not, get new ones!

11. TheVileOne Registered

Choreography and execution of their powers was something I also think the show could've handled better.

I'm not clear on all the episode directors and cinematographers, but I didn't think they showcased the abilities of these characters the best.

12. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Yeah, whatever it is, I didn't buy the superhuman abilities on this show.

13. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Definitely, sometimes seeing the powers was a real WTF moment at times.

Same. I just hope it all improves for the sequel.

14. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

The choreography and power displays were pretty mediocre, especially when you compare them to Daredevil. Hopefully they improve.

15. Kane52630 XO User

16. Mike Murdock Registered

It's a different kind of fighting, though. Daredevil is a trained fighter. This is a superstrength bare-knuckle brawl. It's not supposed to look elegant. The problem is super strength is rarely shown flawlessly on television. I think it's one of the easiest effects to pull off, but every time they do, it gets criticized. People had this problem with Centipede and season one of Agents of SHIELD. They have the problem with Supergirl this season. I can't recall them having the problem with Arrow's Mirakuru story, but it wasn't used very often there. Even on the film side, Man of Steel is the only one to have a super strength fight that looked just like that (from what I recall). Obviously, no television show has that budget.

17. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

True, but I wonder if it has less to do with budgetary constraints and more with the direction. There were a handful of fights that I remember looking clunky and stiff; you're right in that it's a completely different style than Daredevil, but I can't help but think some of it could have been presented better with a different director.
    However it goes without saying that it's a minor quibble and one that doesn't really bring the show down in any respect, given the overall high quality of the series.

18. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Arrow did super strength pretty damn well during season 2, so if they can do it JJ certainly can. Its certainly the directors in my eyes.

No it doesn't bring the show down but it would be nice if they could improve on it for next season.

19. TheVileOne Registered

I agree.

20. Mike Murdock Registered

Arrow was the only one I didn't remember being bad, which made me think it might have been good, but it was also very limited. I remember Ollie being thrown a bunch of times with Cyrus Gold, but I can't remember much else.

21. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Deathstroke did a few impressive feats after he had the mirakuru. I remember Oliver diving off the ship into the water but Slade catches him and drags him back onto the ship. I was very impressed with how they did that.

Roy also did it a lot as well when he was injected with it and I was always impressed how it was presented with him also.

So if they can do it, I am sure it can be done on JJ.

22. TheVileOne Registered

OK so if Daredevil is this month, Luke Cage is September 30, when should we expect Jessica Jones S2? Doesn't this mean Netflix will soon have to go beyond two shows a year?

Iron Fist will be next year, but when exactly will Defenders land, plus possible third season for Daredevil?

23. SuperBatman Registered

I see jessica being around March pretty much the same time daredevil is coming out next year with iron fist in September. And either dare devil season 3 being first or after the defenders mini series. Also who knows if they will plan a punisher 1st season as well. We will just have to wait and see.

24. Pokkle Registered

I think Jessica Jones s2 and DD s3 will be after The Defenders.

Iron Fist filming start in April if we believe the sources.

25. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Sooner we get JJ season 2 the better, loved the first season.