Jewish High Holidays thread.

Shemtov

Sidekick
Reaction score
Note: This is not the thread to discuss religion. That has its own thread. Please don't insult the holiday; keep any hostile opinions to yourselves.
On to the regularly scheduled OP:

Rosh Hashana- the Jewish New Year- is tonight thru friday. (If your jewish hear the Shofar)
Yom Kippur is saturday the 18th.

Last edited:
Tommorow Night thru Saturday Night is Yom Kippur.

I love Jewish woman. :heart:

Would mentioning Stephen Colbert's atone phone be considering against the rule of the thread?

Shemtov, care to explain what these holidays actually mean?

Shemtov, care to explain what these holidays actually mean?
Rosh Hashana is basiccally Jewish new year- According to jewish tradition, it's the anniversary of creation.
On the first ten days of the year, Jewish tradition states that God puts every person on a trial, the last day being Yom Kippur. The day is therefore set aside as a day to ask God to forget our sins and let us live because we resolve to improve.

Is it bad that I'm missing Kol Nidrei on account of a headache?

Though I'm not really Jewish... I kinda felt like I should make an appearance :)

Mazel Tov.

That's what you say for Jewish New Year, right? Mazel Tov?

No reason not to, if "Mazel Tov", which means "good luck", is generally used as a toast or a general well-wish. To say something like "Happy holiday", the phrase is "chag sameach" (pronounced with that gutteral sound you gentiles are so freaked out by whenever you see the "ch").

It was just a Rosh hashanah.
a Belated Shanah Tovah Umisukah to all Jewish Hypesters!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"