‘The Book of Clarence’ |Lakeith Stanfield, Benedict Cumberbatch, James McAvoy, Alfre Woodard

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
Book of Clarence Cast Adds Benedict Cumberbatch, James McAvoy – The Hollywood Reporter

Jeymes Samuel has added a novel’s worth of actors to The Book of Clarence, his follow-up to his smash feature debut, the 2021 Western, The Harder They Fall.

RJ Cyler, Benedict Cumberbatch, James McAvoy, Titans TV star Anna Diop, David Oyelowo, Alfre Woodard and Marianne Jean-Baptiste have joined LaKeith Stanfield and Omar Sy in the production, which hails from Legendary Pictures and that began production Monday in Italy.

But wait, that’s not all.

Stranger Things star Caleb McLaughlin, Teyana Taylor (Coming 2 America), Babs Olusanmokun (Star Trek: Strange New Worlds), Eric Kofi Abrefa (BMF), Nicholas Pinnock (Counterpart), BAFTA winner Micheal Ward (Empire of Light), Chase Dillon (The Harder They Fall), Tom Glynn-Carney (House of the Dragon) and Tom Vaughan-Lawlor (Ebony Maw in Avengers: Endgame) have also been added to the roll call.

According to Legendary, Clarence is inspired by classic Hollywood epics set in Biblical times and tells the tale of Clarence, a down on his luck denizen of Jerusalem embarking on a misguided attempt to capitalize on the rise of celebrity and influence of the Messiah for his own personal gain. It is a journey that leads him on an exploration of the idea of faith and to a highly unexpected path of his own. Stanfield is playing Clarence.

I loved The Harder They Fall, so I’m in, and that cast!

The cinematic mix of Prince's "I Would Die 4 U" in the first trailer is fire.

This movie was really good. Too bad it flopped. Us back people have to get out and support black actors and projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"