Jim Jefferies Exposed: Hidden video shows hypocrisy and lies

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
Jim Jefferies Exposed: Hidden video shows hypocrisy and lies

NOTE NOT FROM THE ARTICLE: The main reason I shared this is because I've been a huge fan of a lot of Jim Jeffries comedy for a long time but to see him do this is sick, unethical and nobody should get away with it.

He’s the Aussie comedian who made his mark on the world through his stand-up routine about gun control. Jim Jefferies is now an international star who takes on people with conservative and alternative views, but this time a hidden camera has revealed the truth about his own views and how he misrepresents others.

Last week THE JIM JEFFERIES SHOW investigated Australian racism in the wake of the New Zealand massacre. It was a thought-provoking piece that included an interview with Avi Yemini, who appeared to give radical answers to some of the questions posed by Jefferies.

But it turns out all is not as it seems.

Yemini, believing he was being set up, secretly recorded the entire interview and has shown how his answers were edited to suite Jefferies’ narrative.

The video is also disturbing in that it shows Jefferies making fun of the Muslim faith by drawing the prophet Mohamed, which is not permitted. Jefferies also mocks the death of Muslim children and notes his stories are edited to make him look good.

To illustrate how answers were edited, Yemini shows a clip from the edited story and compares it to how he actually answered the question, as shown on his hidden recording.

This is a transcript of the story Jeffries aired;

JEFFERIES: What gives anyone the right to tell them where they can and can’t live?

YEMINI: When we import this culture what do you think is going to happen? Australia’s gunna end up the same **** hole that they came from, that they were escaping.

But the hidden camera shows a very different exchange:

JEFFERIES: What gives anyone the right to tell them where they can and can’t live?

YEMINI: Umm, boarders, Government

JEFFERIES: I know boarders, but wouldn’t it just be nice if we got to a place in society...

YEMINI: A utopia, well…

JEFFERIES: A utopia where we all just lived as one?

YEMINI: On, on, on a level I agree with you.

JEFFERIES: You might say I’m a dreamer…

YEMINI: I think most people, most people, you know, sensible people, would agree with you in theory.

JEFFERIES: Yeah

YEMINI: But in practice, it goes against human nature. It just doesn’t work.

The contrast between the two pieces of footage is stark. In his video where Yemini exposes Jefferies, he is seen shaking his head at the conclusion of this clip, remarking;

“You bloody scumbag, Jim. You see those rubbish edits throughout the entire segment, I don’t even need to show you, you get my point. They pull one answer to a different question.”

Any journalist will tell you this is highly unethical. Even though Jefferies is a comedian, this piece is presented as an “investigation” and should be held to the same standard as any story shown on a current affairs or news program. You simply cannot use different answers to different questions.

Filming took place a few months ago but the story was rushed to air to tie in with the Christchurch massacre. The people who spoke with Jefferies did not agree to be interviewed in relation to the tragic events of Christchurch, they agreed to a discussion about racism in general.

To make matters worse, Jefferies starts drawing a picture of the prophet Mohamed during the interview. Yemini is visibly worried saying;

“Don’t you dare, don’t you dare. I’ve got enough deaths threats on me, Jesus Christ.”

Jefferies ignores the plea and holds up his crude drawing (which is not visible to the angle of the camera) and says;

“He looks like a wobbly ghost”.

Yemini looks off camera, addressing producers;

“He’s finally going to understand Islam after this **** comes out”.

Later, when the cameras have stopped recording, Yemini continues to record their conversation with his hidden camera;

JEFFERIES: I’m not a big fan of Islam.

JEFFERIES: I think that wearing a burqa is stupid and demeaning and all these things.

At one point, during the interview, a reference is made to dingos (in the story Jefferies relates Australia’s dingo fence to President Trump’s proposed wall) and Yemini makes the point a dingo did eat the baby, to which Jefferies replies;

JEFFERIES: If it ate the bloody Muslim baby it would have vomited.

YEMINI: No, I don’t actually agree with that ****

JEFFERIES: I’m only joking

YEMINI: Well, that’s not funny. You’re actually talking about killing ******* kids

JEFFERIES: No, I’m not

YEMINI: That’s crossing a line, there’s a ******* line

JEFFERIES: We’ll edit this bit out, I never look bad in these interviews.

It's funny that this is the lone comment on the page you copy and pasted en total from:

Hello it's not permited by muslims to draw Muhammad, your info is also incorrect and furthermore a comedian made fun of a hot topic , that's his job and If this dude wanted to have unedited footage he should post in youtube and decline entertainment platforms hosted by risque and outspoken Straya legend

I notice there's also no denying that this dude did say:

When we import this culture what do you think is going to happen? Australia’s gunna end up the same **** hole that they came from, that they were escaping.

So, yeah...

It's funny that this is the lone comment on the page you copy and pasted en total from:

I notice there's also no denying that this dude did say:

So, yeah...

Initially I thought you meant I left bit of the article out, its pretty common knowledge you don't draw Muhammad I think if South Park are too scared to show him then there's a reason. Or there's The Jyllands-Posten cartoons or The Charlie Hebdo cartoons that sort of let you know they don't really take that stuff as a joke.

So he said a thing you do not like (for which we do not know the context and I am not excusing him) and that makes the unethical editing of his footage to make him seem like a real scumbag is justified? Gotcha.

Yeah, Jefferies has always been a bit of a smug a**hole, but this is a nothing story. The guy he's talking to is also clearly a hardcore-extreme nutbag, exactly what's wrong with the right.

Nothin' to see with this one.

Yeah, Jefferies has always been a bit of a smug a**hole, but this is a nothing story. The guy he's talking to is also clearly a hardcore-extreme nutbag, exactly what's wrong with the right.

Nothin' to see with this one.

The guy was part of the IDF I think that's always going to leave you with a very skewed version of Muslim peoples. Is there anywhere on Earth where Jews & Muslims are at odds with each other more often?

But I do think that connecting him with something like the new Zealand shooter in any way is just plain wrong. I mean the guy was a white nationalist they aren't usually known for their fondness of Jews.

Oh yeah, of course, he's nothing to do with the shooting. I hate that blame-others-than-the-bastard-who-actually-did-it crap.

He's still a bigoted ***hole. Jefferies is an obvious, not-all-that-bright-as-comedians-go stooge, but he's not wrong in calling this guy out, the guy's a loon.

Again more proof the human race has milennia to go before the rest of the universe's sentient life forms will allow themselves to be seen by us.

Oh yeah, of course, he's nothing to do with the shooting. I hate that blame-others-than-the-bastard-who-actually-did-it crap.

He's still a bigoted ***hole. Jefferies is an obvious, not-all-that-bright-as-comedians-go stooge, but he's not wrong in calling this guy out, the guy's a loon.

Yeah best way I could describe this is im really not a fan of Ben Shapiro but same goes for him if there was some crazy dude did this in America and they tried to connect it to him by pulling pieces from an interview he gave months previously and editing bits to suit there narrative I would do the same for him.

Everybody should get a fair shake even if you don't agree with them.

Avi Yemini is not the hill to die on.

Yeah, a right wing activist is not the one you want to spread your ashes on.

Jefferies is your rather typical comedian which means making fun at the expense of others.
There is a good chance he did this whole thing mainly for himself to get a good laugh out of it and just on second thought hoping to get some material out of it.
Its the nature of many comedians, for them the most fun is when they can really get under peoples skin with stuff they dont neccessary mean but still find hilarious.

In this case pissing off a Right wing activist that has a known victim complex.
Jefferies could literally have made a mockery out of this with every sentence, filmed or not because he strikes me as the kind of guy who just needs it, who just needs to get under peoples skins.

He is a funny fellow on stage, but im 100% sure that he is one of those *******s in real life who feels the best when they can see the people getting angry because they have pissed them off so much.

Jefferies has hated on Christianity. Islam and all faiths is fair game for comedians.

As for drawing Mohammed, get over it. Non muslims dont have to follow that "rule". Gonna get mad at him for eating bacon in front of hasidic jew?

It's disturbing to see someone mock a religion?

Jesus people, if it's fine to do it when Christians, Jews, or any other religion has legitimately critique-able issues it sure as **** is where Islam is concerned. Don't be surprised when people get up tight that a single faith gets preferential treatment, either. Christians survived The Life of Brian, I'm sure everyone else can survive their faith being mocked or criticized.

"Muslims can't draw Mohammad so nobody else can either", what kind of absurdist logic is that?

Logic isn't part of the extremist lingo tho. We see it as absurd, but there are real life folks out there who are willing to kill over a damn drawing. Crazy stuff, man.

Logic isn't part of the extremist lingo tho. We see it as absurd, but there are real life folks out there who are willing to kill over a damn drawing. Crazy stuff, man.

Problem is, do we let extremists dictate what is or isn’t acceptable to reasonable folks or insist it’s the other way around?

When it comes to censorship based on religion the only religion that most people aren’t part of but defend absurd claims on behalf of is Islam, I’m curious about why that’s the case.

Problem is, do we let extremists dictate what is or isn’t acceptable to reasonable folks or insist it’s the other way around?

When it comes to censorship based on religion the only religion that most people aren’t part of but defend absurd claims on behalf of is Islam, I’m curious about why that’s the case.

I think it's because in North America and Europe, Muslims don't hold any power. It's not like Jewish people who rose up after WWII and now are prominent in the financial/legal sectors of the world (edit: This isn't meant to be anti-Semitic. Jewish lawyers were discriminated against after the war in terms of the type of clients they would get and eventually, their expertise in certain areas of law became big business and they were able to move up the ranks) or Christians that have held power in government since the inception of North American and European countries. In the Western world, Muslims don't have much. And they're subjected to hate and violence here. It seems like people ignore the crappy teachings of Islam in favour of protecting the rights of religious folk who have, historically, been treated like **** in the West.

I would prefer all religion take a back seat, given that they seem to be the biggest abusers of human rights and pretty much all of them treat women like inferiors. I despise religion.

It's a weird situation. It almost seems like it's a Christian/Jewish vs. Muslim thing and people are against one in favour of the other, which I don't like. Worship if you want, but on your own time and under no circumstance should it affect anyone else's life.

Last edited:
I think it's because in North America and Europe, Muslims don't hold any power. It's not like Jewish people who rose up after WWII and now own the financial/legal sectors of the world (edit: This isn't meant to be anti-Semitic. Jewish lawyers were discriminated against after the war in terms of the type of clients they would get and eventually, their expertise in certain areas of law became big business and they were able to move up the ranks) or Christians that have held power in government since the inception of North American and European countries. In the Western world, Muslims don't have much. And they're subjected to hate and violence here. It seems like people ignore the crappy teachings of Islam in favour of protecting the rights of religious folk who have, historically, been treated like **** in the West.

I'm going to have to challenge you on a few things here. The Jews don't own the financial/legal sectors of the world, but they're quite successful in the USA and Europe. They don't own China's, they don't own Saudi Arabia's, etc, etc. Also, why is Muslims not holding power in North America and Europe a problem? Which Christian or Jew holds power in any majority Muslim nation? How many prominent Jews are there in Afghanistan, how many prominent Christians in Lebanon? Well, none, because of the fact that Jews and Christians were literally driven out of those Arab nations. In fact, which migrant to any nation who fundamentally differs in most identity categories does hold power in their host nation? I don't see why that's a prerequisite for immigrants.

I'm fine with people trying to offer some humanity and hospitality to all the immigrants in their own country, but what I see is a concerted effort to avoid criticizing Islam, primarily from white liberals, and I'm curious about why this is. When it comes to terrorism you've heard the chorus of "It's just a few bad apples out of all Muslims, it's not an Islamic problem". Let's switch it around and say "It's just a few bad apples out of all white supremacists that kill people, white nationalism isn't the problem"…Who would go for both of those statements? Nobody. Fact of the matter is there's still a lot of prevalent discourse within Islam that's very intolerant, but it's glossed over for some reason. Extremists are cultivated by intolerant discourse all over the world, Islamic extremism is no different.

I think this preferential treatment afforded to Islam is an issue that needs frank discussion, because you've even got ex-Muslims or reformers trying to do this who get silenced by the same liberals, that tells me there's an issue.

I would prefer all religion take a back seat, given that they seem to be the biggest abusers of human rights and pretty much all of them treat women like inferiors. I despise religion.

It's a weird situation. It almost seems like it's a Christian/Jewish vs. Muslim thing and people are against one in favour of the other, which I don't like. Worship if you want, but on your own time and under no circumstance should it affect anyone else's life.

Sure, but I think the most relevant point you raised is the one in bold. I think one of the many reasons people don't want to critique Islam, the most innocent of the reasons, is that with all the mistreatment of Muslims around the world (like the ethnic cleanse currently happening in China, for example) you've got well-meaning westerners that don't want to throw salt into the wound by (legitimately, in many cases) criticizing Islam and by extension Muslims, because they feel the globe's Muslims have enough on their plates.

It's unfortunate that the dichotomy seems to be Christians/Jews vs. Islam, but to be fair throughout its history Islam has identified Christians and Jews as its existential enemies. We can debate all we want about 'real Muslims don't believe that' etc, etc, but fact of the matter is those pieces of scripture are heavily cited by extremists.

IMO, and I could be wrong, this lack of legitimate discussion is adding fuel to the fire in Western countries because reasonable folks who just want to discuss these discrepancies are automatically branded Islamophobes and all discussion is quelled immediately, that's going to become a bigger issue going forward.

Last edited:
Sure, but I think the most relevant point you raised is the one in bold. I think one of the many reasons people don't want to critique Islam, the most innocent of the reasons, is that with all the mistreatment of Muslims around the world (like the ethnic cleanse currently happening in China, for example) you've got well-meaning westerners that don't want to throw salt into the wound by (legitimately, in many cases) criticizing Islam and by extension Muslims, because they feel the globe's Muslims have enough on their plates.

IMO, and I could be wrong, this lack of legitimate discussion is adding fuel to the fire in Western countries because reasonable folks who just want to discuss these discrepancies are automatically branded Islamophobes and all discussion is quelled immediately, that's going to become a bigger issue going forward.

Thats because it's rarely legitimate discussion. It's amazing how many people criticize Islam and have never been inside a Mosque or have read the Quran. You can't have discussion if all people want to discuss are sound bytes.

Here's an example. Do Christians hate homosexuals? Do they try to undermine they happiness of a gay person? If we look at the media extremists thats how it appears.

The issue isn't discussion, the issue is hypocrisy. People ignore or refuse to research anything that might destroy whatever narrative they want to believe.

Christians aren't hatemongers and Muslims aren't terrorists. People want to discuss discrepancies without doing the research or taking the time to understand Islam. They've already set themselves against Muslims but expect...What? Peaceful discussion on how wrong it is?

Maybe it's because the loudest criticism of Islam come from Christians and the moderate voices get tuned out. I don't see the sky is falling mentality of letting immigrants in, especially in countries like Canada and the US. Europe is different because of spacing issues and they're the closest to these countries that people want to escape from. The US should have taken more refugees in given it's role in the rise of ISIS and the civil war in Syria. And they have the room, as does Canada. Integration is a little bit easier.

I guess I'm less concerned about Islam because it's not an issue here. The refugees are just trying to survive and I'll defend that right, even if I don't agree with their religion. I'm more concerned with the Christians in Canada getting all pissed off because gay marriage and abortion exist and wanting to vote in the stupidest and most dangerous people to overturn those rights. They're the real threat right now.

Thats because it's rarely legitimate discussion. It's amazing how many people criticize Islam and have never been inside a Mosque or have read the Quran. You can't have discussion if all people want to discuss are sound bytes.

Here's an example. Do Christians hate homosexuals? Do they try to undermine they happiness of a gay person? If we look at the media extremists thats how it appears.

The issue isn't discussion, the issue is hypocrisy. People ignore or refuse to research anything that might destroy whatever narrative they want to believe.

Christians aren't hatemongers and Muslims aren't terrorists. People want to discuss discrepancies without doing the research or taking the time to understand Islam. They've already set themselves against Muslims but expect...What? Peaceful discussion on how wrong it is?

Sure, that's true in many cases. I don't equate the religions, though. At some level people need to admit that Islam is the only religion that's produced violent extremism at such a rate, and it's worth figuring out why because that's the only way an issue ever gets addressed, by understanding it well.

That hypocrisy is unfortunately prevalent across the board, yeah. From the right they erase everything but the negative, and from the left everything but the positive, and at the end of the day there's zero factual discussion, just a bunch of heads in sand.

Maybe it's because the loudest criticism of Islam come from Christians and the moderate voices get tuned out. I don't see the sky is falling mentality of letting immigrants in, especially in countries like Canada and the US. Europe is different because of spacing issues and they're the closest to these countries that people want to escape from. The US should have taken more refugees in given it's role in the rise of ISIS and the civil war in Syria. And they have the room, as does Canada. Integration is a little bit easier.

I guess I'm less concerned about Islam because it's not an issue here. The refugees are just trying to survive and I'll defend that right, even if I don't agree with their religion. I'm more concerned with the Christians in Canada getting all pissed off because gay marriage and abortion exist and wanting to vote in the stupidest and most dangerous people to overturn those rights. They're the real threat right now.

I'm on the fence about cultural assimilation as a resounding success, so I can't say whether immigration is inherently positive. I don't think taking in more refugees would've been the right call long-term, developed nations doing everything possible to aid in the development of less developed nations should be the priority so that people don't need to flee their homelands.

After the refugee crisis and people were re-settled, almost across the board those same refugees say they'd prefer to go back, they just don't know what they'd go back to. Pulling the Middle East out of the mire it finds itself in should be a pretty big priority for the world at large.

At the bold, it's definitely a concern, yeah, particularly if the pendulum swings as far off as the USA's has.

Sure, that's true in many cases. I don't equate the religions, though. At some level people need to admit that Islam is the only religion that's produced violent extremism at such a rate, and it's worth figuring out why because that's the only way an issue ever gets addressed, by understanding it well.

That hypocrisy is unfortunately prevalent across the board, yeah. From the right they erase everything but the negative, and from the left everything but the positive, and at the end of the day there's zero factual discussion, just a bunch of heads in sand.

Religion can be manipulated to serve whatever purpose people need it to serve. Does Islam produce violent extremism at a terrifying rate? Yes. Does Islam produce violent extremism at a terrifying rate in AMERICA? No. The environment in which terrorism thrives is war torn and lack the freedoms we enjoy in America. Islam in america seems to be peaceful. In fact we have more homegrown terrorists outside of Islam in America by a wide margin. So I thinks it's less about religion and more about giving those who wish to worship peacefully a place where they can. I think I'll only consider it an issue when Isis is holding rallies in Charlotte.

That last sentence is letting my own hypocrisy show.

Eradication. Not necessarily the people, but the religion itself.

The bloke's apparently away to come to the US for a media tour.

Have to admit I do think its a poor double standard of censorship that since Avi put the entirety of that video up on Facebook his account has been taken down while no action has been taken against the clearly slanderous interview, that misrepresented what he said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"