JJ Abrams/Eric Kripke team up for NBC thriller 'Revolution'

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fantasy/sci-fi element was there in spades from the very first episodes with the smoke monster and the Polar Bear.

Clearly there were bits and pieces here and there but it wasn't in your face until about the middle of the 3rd season and so on. Even with it though, what kept you watching was the characters. If you were only watching the show to see what the smoke monster was youre pretty stupid.

If you were only watching the show to see what the smoke monster was youre pretty stupid.

I'm not offended, because it doesn't apply to me, but don't you think that statement is a bit much? Do you have ANY idea how huge the "what is the smoke monster" question was for Losties? Are you saying that a lot of Losties are at least partially stupid for caring about that? :huh:

EDIT: And going back to the original discussion, you were arguing that the sci-fi/fantasy element wasn't a "hook." I am arguing that "what is the smoke monster?" and "what the hell is a Polar Bear doing on a Pacific island?" have been questions since day friggin one.

Last edited:
Off topic, or rather on topic....or whatever, haha, it should've been a dinosaur. I've said that from the beginning.

Series will film in Wilmington, NC...
New television series to film in Wilmington
By Business Journal Staff
May 25, 2012

A new television series, Revolution, from NBC’s Warner Bros. Television will be filmed in Wilmington beginning this summer.

The show’s production team is expected to employ about 125 people full time, hire hundreds of part-time extras and spend millions of dollars in the local economy.

"Obviously, this is exciting news for the movie and television industry in Wilmington and NC," said Johnny Griffin, director of the Wilmington Regional Film Commission, Inc. in a press release. "This region has always been identified with having the crew, talent, equipment, and facilities to economically produce film and television product as demonstrated by Dawson's Creek and One Tree Hill. Revolution now joins the list of productions which have chosen Wilmington as their place to live and work."

Wilmington was chosen to host the production of Revolution because of its variety of suitable locations, experienced local crew and vendors and North Carolina’s film incentive.

"We are excited to have a television series back in Wilmington that will create hundreds of jobs,” said Aaron Syrett, Director of the North Carolina Film Office, in the press release. "The North Carolina film credit continues to create high-quality, well-paying jobs for North Carolinian professionals who have the skills and capabilities to handle the sophisticated level of production that an epic series like Revolution demands."

Revolution depicts a world without modern technology and chronicles the adventures of a young woman’s quest to avenge her father’s death. Executive producers will be J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk, both of whom worked with the television show Lost, along with Eric Kripke. Revolution will premiere this fall on NBC.
The pilot was shot in Atlanta.

It looks like a bunch of models survived the apocalypse :o

I never understood complains like this. Its hollywood. Everyone looks like a model. Be it Superhero films, lost, prison break, heroes, supernatural and whatever genre. Almost everyone looks like a model. I mean who would wanna watch ugly and greasy people walking around. Exceptions to that are actors that are exceptionally talented that Hollywood is willing to overlook physical appearances. But instances like this are far and few and mostly happens in comedies.

I just remembered that Iron Man 3 is also filming in Wilmington. Favreau isn't directing it, but he's producing and returning to play Happy. I wonder if that means he might still have a part to play in the show going forward. Then again, IM3 might be done filming by the time the series starts, so who knows...

IGN:
Revolution Stars Billy Burke and Tracy Spiridakos on Working with Abrams, Kripke and Favreau
Cast members discuss the upcoming series, about a world where all technology has ceased to function.
by Eric Goldman
June 1, 2012

Coming from the impressive trio of Supernatural creator Eric Kripke, J.J. Abrams (Lost, Star Trek, etc., etc.) and director Jon Favreau (Iron Man), NBC’s upcoming series Revolution has quite a pedigree.

The series takes place fifteen years after all electronics instantly stopped working in the world, with no explanation (yet!) for how or why it happened. Tracy Spiridakos (Being Human) stars as Charlie, a teenage girl trying to rescue her brother, after he’s taken by the leader of a local militia (Breaking Bad’s Giancarlo Esposito). Needing help, Charlie goes to find her uncle, Miles (Billy Burke), a man she’s never met – but one whose skills can certainly be of use to her.

I spoke to both Burke and Spiridakos recently, at NBC’s Upfront, and both actors were very enthusiastic about Revolution. Said Burke, “I just saw it the other day, and I kind of can’t believe I got lucky enough to be on this show.”

When it came to the creative team behind the series, the actor added, “I cannot say enough good stuff about all of them. Kripke and I hit it off right away. I think we totally get each other. And Favreau, as a director, is an actor’s dream. He absolutely puts it in a different perspective, you know? I hope he’ll direct thousands more of them.”

Spiridakos shared the praise for Favreau, telling me, “He’s wonderful. He knows what you’re thinking when you’re in that moment of not being able to go where you need to. He’s just very supportive, so smart and able to help us. He’s done such a beautiful job with everything so far. I’m a huge fan of his separately from this, so it’s been such an honor to work with him.”

Describing his character, Miles, Burke said, “He’s a little bit crusty on top but has some soft spots in the middle. But yeah, there’s nothing like being able to fantasize about playing a freedom fighter and then actually execute it. It’s been so much fun.”

As for Charlie, Spiridakos noted, “She’s grown up in this type of world, so for her it’s not that overwhelming of a concept. But then with the changes that happen to her and that are going to be happening throughout the series, she grows, just like any other person her age would - through the loses and the challenges she goes through.” Added Spiridakos, “She’s a fighter, for sure. She’s a fighter. She’s ready to tackle it out if she needs to.”

Both Charlie and Miles are handy with weapons, with Spiridakos explaining she uses a crossbow in the series. Miles, meanwhile, has a big swordfight in the pilot, and Burke laughed, remarking, “If you had told me a few months ago that I’d be sword fighting, I’d have said, ‘You’re out of your mind.’ We have a fantastic stunt coordinator Jeff Wolfe, who did all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and stuff like that. So it’s big.”

The idea of our modern society suddenly not having any of the technology we depend on is a compelling one and Burke told me, “Every day on the set there were always discussions like, ‘Well, what if this happened, and what if this.’ And the reality is, all this stuff is possible. Sure, we’re fictionalizing a lot, but a lot of this stuff is possible, a lot of the concepts and situations. But really the show, underneath all that, is really about what would people do? How are they going to connect, how are people going to find each other without all of these distractions that we’re so used to.”

When it comes to pondering actually being in the situation the characters in Revolution are in, Spiridakos remarked, “You know, I’ve thought about that a lot." She mentioned to me that she was a gamer and brought up Fallout, noting, “I play that game and I love it. So I’ve kind of explored that realm of what that world would be like, and I think it’s terrifying. But it’s exciting in a way as well. It’s different.” And no, I couldn’t resist asking Spiridakos what other games she was playing, and she told me, “I just beat Uncharted 3, which is really fun. And then my boyfriend and I just got Rage. So we’re going to start playing that one and Mass Effect 3.”

I asked Spiridakos if Kripke had given her any ideas on where the show would go and what twists and turns might be in store. She smiled and nodded, saying, “Yeah, we hung out on set a lot. But I don’t know what I’m allowed to tell you. So I’m going to leave it at that!”

Revolution premieres this fall on NBC.
Their stunt coordinator worked on the POTC films? They mean to tell me that the man responsible for stuff like this....
[YT]kmCytuPkq5M[/YT]
... will be behind the action of this series?! :eek::up:

Trailer did nothing for me. But Kripke is involved and that's enough for me to give it a shot.

Writing Staff

A couple people from Fringe, a little BSG and a guy with the last name Rambo. Sounds good. :up:

Deadline:
J.J. Abrams/Eric Kripke Series ‘Revolution’ Casts Daniella Alonso As New Regular
by NELLIE ANDREEVA

Daniella Alonso (Friday Night Lights, My Generation) has joined J.J. Abrams/Eric Kripke’s upcoming NBC series Revolution as a regular. The action drama, which landed NBC’s marquee post-The Voice time slot, follows a group of people, led by Miles (Billy Burke) struggling to survive in a world where all forms of energy have ceased to exist. Alonso, repped by Gersh and Luber Roklin, will play a new character, Nora, a rebel fighter, battling against the militia that controls North America. She likes to blow up stuff, and she has a lot of rough water under the bridge with Miles. The introduction of the character of Nora is one of the tweaks Revolution is undergoing before its launch. They also include the reworking and recasting of the role of Rachel, played in the pilot by Andrea Roth, and phasing out another regular character played in the pilot by Anna Lise Phillips.
Hawt. :o:up:

Oh, there's a link, dammit. :argh::argh:

:csad:

Elizabeth Mitchell is reuniting with Lost creator J.J. Abrams as a series regular on his post-apocalyptic NBC drama Revolution, TVLine has learned. Mitchell will play Rachel Matheson, the mother of Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) and Danny Matheson (Graham Rogers), and appear in a series in flashbacks. (The role was filled by Rescue Me‘s Andrea Roth in the original pilot.)

http://tvline.com/2012/06/30/elizabeth-mitchell-rjoins-evolution-nbc/
:awesome:

I wonder just how much reshooting of the pilot this might require.

The only Involvement J.J. Abrams had on Lost when Elizabeth Mitchell was on It was cowritting the season 3 premiere and being Involved In first 6 episodes of season 3.
It's well known Abrams left Lost after the 8th episode save for brief return for first 6 episodes of season 3.You may not like the finale but It was Damon Lindeloff and Carlton Cuse responable for keeping Lost running not Abrams.

Abrams gets way too much credit.He's no Joss Whedon.He's not responable for keeping any show running.Besides convincing Leonard Nimoy to appear onFringe he probally has had little Involvement since season 1.

People can be excited on Elizabeth Mitchell's return to Tv and to Genre TV but don't call this a reunion.If Revolution Is a hit It won't be because of Abrams.He will have little Involvement beyond the pilot.

Yeah... most people know that.

But there are some people to think he made Person of Interest even tho he never had a writing credit or created by.

Last edited:
Some In press are calling It a Lost reunion.And I was trying to point out It really Isn't.

People make a big deal on new show with Abrams name attached but My attitude Is It means little.Elizabeth Mitchell Is more reason to get excited about this than having
Abrams' name attached as one of producers.

It's an actor from an Abrams produced series in a new Abrams produced series. In the eyes of the media, that's a reunion.

Frankly "ZOMG it's a LOST reunion!!!" was the furthest thing from my mind when I saw the news. I simply saw an actress that I love involved in a series that I'm excited to see. That was enough to hook me.

I've heard just as much good as I have bad, but yeah I hope they take the criticism seriously and fix certain things. As much as I like Favreau, the fact that he was chosen as director kind of made me scratch my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"