Status
Not open for further replies.
[YT]2Akoe5VbH5E[/YT]
Tracy Spiridakos... :hrt:

EW.com:
NBC's 'Revolution' showrunner promises: 'We have the answers'
by James Hibberd

“Lights, please?”

The Revolution pilot has finished screening, but the lights in Comic-Con’s Ballroom 20 have not turned on. In the darkness, the crowd laughs at the (staged?) irony of a momentary blackout after watching a new TV series about a blackout.

When the lights come up, showrunner Eric Kripke assures viewers who may be wary of mythology-based broadcast TV shows that the answers to the mysteries presented in the ambitious show’s first hour are coming. “I can promise you we have the answers,” Kripke says. “The mythology will move forward at an aggressive pace, and we’ll ask new questions.”

The showrunner says he wrote Revolution because he wanted to tell a quest story, and likened it to The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and The Wizard of Oz — a pretty bold comparison. But I do like Kripke’s focus for the story moving forward, describing it as an “epic saga across America with swords and good and evil and heroes and villains.”

“For whatever reason,” he adds, “I’m totally incapable of writing a cop show.”

I believe in Kripke. He said the same stuff about the pace of Supernatural, and he kept his word on that. I believe he'll do the same here, if given the chance.

[YT]0JGcrI9wsUo[/YT]

Full SDCC Panel:
[YT]qxYXisWM7tQ[/YT]

Also, according to twitter, C. Thomas Howell has been cast in a guest starring role.

THR:
TCA 2012: 'Revolution' Team Assures Scientific Justification for Power Outage Premise
Creator Eric Kripke, joined by director Jon Favreau and the cast, tells skeptics that the series' underlying mystery has been deemed plausible by physicists.
3:37 PM PDT 7/24/2012 by Michael O'Connell

Among the many reservations reporters tried to voice for the the creative team behind Revolution during its Tuesday Television Critics Association panel, the absence of electricity in the upcoming NBC drama appeared to be the toughest pill to swallow.

"The laws of physics have changed," creator Eric Kripke (Supernatural) said of the world, set 15 years after power went off across the globe.

But just because the rules have changed, does not mean they're ignoring them. Kripke says a physicist was brought into the writers room early in the story breaking process to verify the series' plausibility.

"We did our homework, and we came up with something that actually is quite possible," said Kripke. "We pitched him the secret as to why all of the power went out, and his face just lit up. He said, 'That's absolutely possible'."

The reassurance of a plan, and a realistic one at that, should help the freshman drama find a few more viewers -- but the population's noticeable fatigue with heavily serialized network dramas was also a topic of concern during the panel.

"The audience has a tremendous capacity for sophisticated storylines," said pilot director Jon Favreau. "There's always going to be smart television."

Kripke echoed his sentiments, though he was quick to point out that it wasn't all about serial storylines.

"I'm not a fan of endless mystery in storytelling," he said. "I like to know where the mythology is going and that we're getting there in exciting, fast-paced way... I never get too precious with questions, because you can answer then and then ask new ones."

The duo also said that the grim prospect of powerless United States shouldn't have anything expecting a dystopian drama. They skirted darker references such as Mad Max and The Road in favor of something more akin to the fantasy of Lord of the Rings.

And when subject turned to the notion of gun control mentioned in the pilot, with unspoken references to the Colorado Dark Knight Rises shootings, Kripke was quick to dismiss that was an overlaying issue -- or something they'll shy away from.

"I think we're talking about a broader canvas than that," Kripke said, referencing to the pre-Revolutionary War elements in the story. "What we're really talking about is a very patriotic show that is in many ways about people fighting for freedom."

Honestly I wasn't too worried about it. Hell, I wouldn't have minded if they said "Lucifer and the Black Smoke Monster teamed up to do it."

But you know there are people who would never stop *****ing if they didn't get a reason. Christ, there are still people who want to know what caused the zombie outbreak on TWD, even though Kirkman and co. have flat out said that that is not a question they're going to answer, because that's not what the story is.

But you know there are people who would never stop *****ing if they didn't get a reason. Christ, there are still people who want to know what caused the zombie outbreak on TWD, even though Kirkman and co. have flat out said that that is not a question they're going to answer, because that's not what the story is.

Well, since the driving force of the plot of Revolution is undoing it, then I do think we should get an explanation. What I'm saying is I don't care if it's super science-y.

EW:
'Harry's Law' actor joins NBC's 'Revolution' -- EXCLUSIVE
by James Hibberd

An actor from NBC’s Harry’s Law has found refuge on the network’s new fall action drama Revolution.

The J.J. Abrams-produced series has cast Derek Webster in a recurring role as Nicholas. He’s a strong rebel leader who faces off against Billy Burke’s character Miles, who’s on the run from a militia.

Webster has also appeared in FX’s Damages and the 1994 film version of Stargate. He joins another recent cast addition to the show, Lost‘s Elizabeth Mitchell. Revolution goes 15 years into the future of America after a blackout has wiped out all electronics. The series premieres Monday, Sept. 17 at 10 p.m. on NBC.

Forgot to post this earlier...
Deadline:
NBC To Preview ‘Revolution’ During The Olympics, Sample New Series Online And On Demand
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

Last month, NBC announced that two of its new fall comedies, Go On and Animal Practice, will get commercial-free previews during the Olympics — the Matthew Perry-starrer Go On on August 8 and the Justin Kirk-starring Animal Practice on August 12, following the London Games’ closing ceremony. The network also has been looking to preview high-profile new drama Revolution, and it has been hamstrung by the lack of available longer time periods. But during its TCA executive session today, NBC said that it will air a six-minute tease of the futuristic drama on Saturday, August 4 at approximately 10:54 PM ET following the swimming competition that is expected to feature U.S. gold medalist swimmer Michael Phelps.

All other new NBC fall series will have their pilots available for sampling over a two-week period before the network premieres on a variety of digital platforms: on demand and online through cable, satellite and telco providers; NBC.com; NBC Owned and affiliate station websites; Hulu; iTunes, Amazon and Xbox. Select shows will be available on the Hulu Plus subscription service as well.

I like the idea of sampling different NBC shows for free ahead of their premieres.

Preview should be happening in a little over an hour.

Sooo, NBC..... about that ****ing preview. :cmad:

They're a one step forward, three step backward kind of network.

So, anyone think there might be any broader implications to the I Am Legend (the novel) reference in last names, or do you think it's just a simple homage to one of the first post-apocalyptic stories, without any other meaning?

After all, the protagonist's last name is Matheson, and the antagonist's last name is Neville, as in Richard Matheson (the writer of I Am Legend), and Robert Neville (the protagonist in the book)

Clearly the blackout was caused by vampires.

I'm so glad this preview ended up just being an edited version of the trailer released in May. :whatever:

However, it did include footage of Elizabeth Mitchell, so I can't be too upset. :o

Clearly the blackout was caused by vampires.

I know you're just kidding, but I was thinking more about themes (like the role reversal of man becoming the monster, from the novel) or specific character progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"