JJ Abrams/Stephen King's ''Castle Rock''

Wow I had no idea Tim Robbins was joining this season. That makes me even more excited.

Wb0lFGu.jpg

Has anyone watched the second season of this? It's weird how no one seems to be talking about this show now, while the first season was pretty decent... or maybe people are just not liking this new story? (I also haven't seen it yet by the way)

My wife and I are watching the second season now and absolutely love it compared to the mediocre and forgettable first season.

Yeah I thought this season was much better than the last one as well and way less convoluted. Lizzy Caplan was great in this season too.

Sounds good, especially since I did like the first season. I'll give it a try, thanks for the replies!

I like the first season, but season 2 is a big improvement. It’s not only great in its own right, but somehow manages to retroactively improve season 1. Lizzy Caplan is absolutely amazing.

I heard the first season was mediocre-ish so I never got around to watching even though I was initially interested in it. But I really wanted to see Lizzie Caplan take on Annie Wilkes so I watched season 2 over the past week and I loved it. She totally killed it but I also really enjoyed the rest of the show. The plot was tight and I think they did a great job of keeping things interesting.
The whole angel thing and the hints at other dimensions were great :up:. I only wish they could’ve told us a little bit more about what he wanted his prophet to do in the present times.

The ending was so tragic too. I kinda expected it because after all the stuff with her father, I thought they would eventually lead Annie to her Misery storyline and Joy had to go for that but it was still so tragic to see it. Although I wish they had given us a bit about how Abdi and Nadia are dealing with everything that happened.
Which btw great to see Barkhad Abdi in a major role again :up:.

So is this getting a third season?

In a day and age where another season or sequel is greenlit before the previous even airs, you'd think we'd heard something by now.

Binge watched the first season over the last few weeks. Just started S2.

Two thoughts:

1. I’m pretty sure I hate that Let the River Run song.
2. Holy ****, the ice cream scoop.

Binge watched the first season over the last few weeks. Just started S2.

Two thoughts:

1. I’m pretty sure I hate that Let the River Run song.
2. Holy ****, the ice cream scoop.

Aw come on. ''IT'S AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASKING FOR THE TAKING!''

Well I can't say I'm surprised with what little buzz this show got, but it sucks regardless, especially when the second season was so much better than the first IMO. This reminds me a lot of Channel Zero getting cancelled just when it was starting to get really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"