JK Simmons as Jameson again?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' started by ZIPBAGS, Feb 10, 2015.

?

Should JK Simmons return as Jameson?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

Ya Jk would be great. And since it's been so long without him. And like I said before bind reusing Dench when it rebooted. And even though he is nearing or around 60. Jk is still in great shape and could easil| easily still play the role.

2. Techno Bacon Just imagine an avvy.

JK is the only person allowed to come back in a reboot.

3. TheWallCrawler hero or a menace?

I lost my hope in JK Simmons when emo Peter dominated him :o

4. NotSoLongAgo #spidermansolit

5. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

I do hope he will be back. Sure there is plently of good actors out there who could take the role. But eith Jk having a working relationship with marvel still. Puts alot of pull he could be given the role again.

6. Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

Would be cool.

7. WarriorDreamer Registered

I would think re cast, so that the series feels fresh & so that the mere memory of JK Simmons will be stronger than him potentially giving a bad performance if that makes any sense?

But, if people are believing no other actor in the world would be capable of playing the role, then by all means, bring him back.

8. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

It would still be fresh. If Jk returned. He wouldn't be the same type as raimi in films. And I brought it up before if bond could reboot and till used dench. No reason it couldn't happened here.

9. WarriorDreamer Registered

Would they be in the same office/building set? Would the rest of the daily bugle cast be there? I just thought it may feel disjointed if only one cast member is still there. James Bond situation is an exception because they change characters each time.

10. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

Well of course 8t be different building sets and cast for bugle. I was just saying Jk would be great to return. Has express desire to return. And has good working relationship with marvel. Will he be back. Who knows what. I would like if he did. But I wouldn't be adverse to someone else if they do as good take.

11. XtremelyBaneful Rest in peace, Fahim Saleh

12. XtremelyBaneful Rest in peace, Fahim Saleh

13. UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

Fixed.

14. XtremelyBaneful Rest in peace, Fahim Saleh

thanks lol, looks like I posted the wrong video[YT]_r_mkJMPZWE[/YT]

15. spiderral Registered

As great as Simmons was in Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, they shouldn't bring him back. As others have stated, it's just going to confuse people as to why Simmons is back from the Raimi universe, making people think that the Raimi trilogy is part of the MCU.

It just doesn't make sense to bring him back for a reboot.

Plus, I'm sure there are other great actors out there that should be allowed a crack at the role.

16. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

i dont see the problem if he was to return. He doesnt look that much older. We havent seen jjj on film in a long time. And most audience members wouldnt care he was in raimi films. Again he wouldnt look/act just like raimi take on jjj. He would likely have a more different take. And i and others brought up the point when bond rebooted they kept the same M for awhile. And no one was a huff at that. Will jk be jjj again who knows. But i would love to see if he is offered to return. Then if he doesnt want to move on. Now sure their is plently of good actors who can do the role.

17. spiderral Registered

I think it would be difficult to ask an actor to play the same character but differently in a different universe. JK Simmons is who he is and he brought what he could to JJJ's characterisation in the Raimi trilogy. To ask him to play the role a little differently because it's a different movie universe would be quite insulting to him, and to any actor.

I'm not sure about the example you've given with Bond as I haven't seen the films.

If it turns out that there's some casting news about the solo Spidey movie and Simmons does get the role again then I won't be bothered at all but I really would prefer for another actor to take on the role.

Personally, seeing Simmons in the role again would just take me out of the movie, spoil the immersion and make it hard for me to stop drawing comparisons to the Raimi films.

18. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

We don't even know what they plan to do with jj. He could be a bit different. Again jk would be great to see. And I wouldn't be mad if he came back. But ya there is others who could do role well. Who I don't know. But I can't wait to see who and what they do with jjj.

19. Art Vandelay Registered

Get someone new.

Kurtwood Smith: [​IMG]

John Slattery: [​IMG]

Gary Oldman:
    [​IMG]

Michael Keaton: [​IMG]

20. Slick Yup

John Slattery is Howard Stark. But if he wasn't I think he would be good for the role.

21. Mandarin Registered

I would be ok with it

22. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

ya we wouldnt have old howard actor as jj, i doubt oldman would want to get tied down to another comic book franchise. Keaton would be an interesting choice.

23. XtremelyBaneful Rest in peace, Fahim Saleh

and as even more of others have stated...this is one actor being brought back that really wouldn't hurt. the poll speaks.

24. Doctor Octopus Registered

Agreed poll speaks. It would not be bad idea or hurt movie to bring JK Simmons back. He was so great.

25. Spider-Aziz Boards made me cry

Almost all of your choices have something to do with Batman.
    Don't know about Slattery.