JK Simmons as Jameson again?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' started by ZIPBAGS, Feb 10, 2015.

?

Should JK Simmons return as Jameson?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. spiderral Registered

I completely forgot about the poll, my bad XD

2. XtremelyBaneful Rest in peace, Fahim Saleh

:up: I requested the poll be public as well...oh well.

3. Marvel Spider An Insomniac.

What about Nick Offerman?

4. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

His name been mentioned before. Not a bad choice. I def can't wait to see if jk returns or who ever is the lucky new jj. And see how they do.

5. Ken-Kaniff MyCommonSenseIsTingling!

It would be great if he can return! They say everyone is replaceable, which is most likely true. But with some actors, you simply feel like they were made for certain roles! I feel that with Simmons as JJJ. I also feel the same as Robert Downey JR as Tony Stark. At some point, Iron Man will get a remake and maybe they will choose someone who would fit to play Stark, but I doubt it will be such a perfect fit as Downey is. It's the same with JK Simmons imo, so if they can bring him back, it would be a good thing, even though I kinda lost my hope when it comes to getting a proper Spider-Man franchise if I'm completely honest...

6. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

Ya i cant wait to see if jk is back or who the lucky guy is stepping into the role.

7. Godzillasaurus Someone with no strings

He did an excellent job in the Raimi movies, but unfortunately it would screw with the face that the MCU Spiderman is cut-off from the Raimi continuity, so I do not think he should be cast again

8. CaptainWagner Searching (P)

Here's a thread I haven't seen for a heck of a long time. I'm starting to find it less and less likely Simmons comes back. My current top pick is Timothy Omundson. I've been watching my way through Psych on Netflix and I think he would nail JJJ.

9. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

why would you think jk couldnt come back. He has said many times he would llike to. Plus he is on good terms with marvel/disney via doing the current cartoon. Less they where going for someone younger ie like 10 yrs younger then jk is right now i dont think its really that far out of realm he could come back. He doesnt really look his age and you put him back in the wig and facial hair he wouldnt be that hard to pull off again.

God just cause he was in the raimi films doesnt mean he couldnt be back. He could have slightly different look, and be protrayed differently then raimi take on the character. Plus look at bond they rebooted and started with dench at the start of reboot again for new m. Plus its been enough yrs passed general audience members and new viewers probably wouldnt know or care he did a past film.

10. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

I won't complain if he does come back (assuming the character isn't as over the top as he was in the Raimi films... he ended up just a little too cartoonish, IMO, which wouldn't fit with the bit more grounded MCU). However, I would prefer it if he didn't (hence why I voted 'no'). I liked him well enough in those films, but I wouldn't mind seeing what someone else could do with the character.

Just my opinion, though

11. Spider-Aziz Boards made me cry

His portrayal was too much of a caricature, the most none cartoonish moment of his is the time the Green Goblin attacked him in the office.

12. NinjaTurtleFan Turtle Power!

I might be the only one who wants Simmons to stay in the Maguire/Rami universe.

Don't get me wrong, he was funny and great in the role, but I really would like to see another actor step up to the plate and give it a swing versus pulling a Daniel Craig Bond and bringing back an actor that only confuses things, the continuity, timeline, etc.

13. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

I'd love to see Cranston get a shot at JJ. Much like Simmons, he balances comedic and serious talent perfectly. Still though, I really want Odenkirk at the end of the day in the same way I want Johnathan Banks for Vulture.

Edit: Just realized my picks broke bad. :hehe:

14. NinjaTurtleFan Turtle Power!

Wow. Never thought of Banks before but I can see it/dig it.

Like that you have Cranston or Odenkirk on your list. :)

15. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

i just cant wait to see who we get. Is it jk again, or someone new. If its a new pick how will he do and so forth.

16. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

:up: Thanks, dude!

17. Marvel Spider An Insomniac.

I agree.

18. JOE _________________________

[​IMG]

I am the one who knocks... On Spider-Man for being a menace! :o

19. Doctor Octopus Registered

Disagreed. His portrayal was perfect for Jonah. Jonah nearly always comical and over the top. He one of funniest characters in Spider-Man world.

20. Ken-Kaniff MyCommonSenseIsTingling!

I felt that a bit in Spider-Man 3, but that wasn't really the actor's fault. That movie was just F****d up on so many levels...

21. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

well hopefully what ever marvel does with the character will be good and we like it. Be it again jk returning or someone new. I just really want to see some fun moments with peter and jjj, and spidey and jjj.

22. BatsDC Side-Kicker

Since he likely won't be Uncle Ben, I'm moving my Tom Hanks suggestion to JJJ. He needs to be in a superhero movie, dammit :o

23. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

really if tom hanks did a comics film i doubt he take what would be a small role as ben would be. He could probably do great as JJ and i can see it. Still i would love jk again. But hanks would be a good backup, and he does have a good relationship with disney.

24. fixxxer ...goes to 11

Agreed. You're not alone. I adored Simmons as JJJ in the Raimi trilogy. Now let's leave it there for all posterity. There's just no way for it not be feel like a re-tread.

25. Majik1387 Registered

It would be such a mistake to bring back JK Simmons.