Homecoming JK Simmons as Jameson again?

Really the ice cube thing needs to be dropped it was just a bs Facebook rumor that as we likely know at the moment isn't going to hapoen. Like I said before even with boys kit from thr saying they want or are looking to diversified the supporting cast. We don't know which characters may change or ultimately they do end up picking a ethnic guy.

Still I feel for changes we likely will see it more in villains, to a liz/sally type characters. Then jumping right to oh mj/gwen/jjj is going to be changed in race or gender.
Its a bad look for all the minority roles to go to villians though. Its like in those Ancient Egyptian movies that Hollywood has been making lately, where the main cast is white and all the background servants and slaves were black.

I mean, presumably this movie will take place in Queens, and there's a ton of minorities in that part of New York. I'm glad they are diversifying the roles more.

Just gonna casually toss Tom Hanks back into the ring...

tumblr_inline_n1581sXTRW1qzcxxq.jpg

superman's mom in the dccu is also the kingpin's wife in the mcu, so i don't see why jk simmons can't be shared too.

although, the mcu facebook fanpage randomly threw the idea of ice cube playing jjj, and i think that could work too.

superman's mom in the dccu is also the kingpin's wife in the mcu, so i don't see why jk simmons can't be shared too.

although, the mcu facebook fanpage randomly threw the idea of ice cube playing jjj, and i think that could work too.
It ain't the same dude. Martha is Diane Lane, Vanessa is Ayelet Zurer.
And yeah, Ice Cube could totally work.

Because spoilers [blackout]the character Ayelet Zurer plays, Lara Lor-Van,n in Man of Steel, dies off, not to be seen again[/blackout]. She still can come back in Daredevil.

Because spoilers [blackout]the character Ayelet Zurer plays, Lara Lor-Van,n in Man of Steel, dies off, not to be seen again[/blackout]. She still can come back in Daredevil.
right but my point is that the same actress was used in both comic book universes.. same should be possible with jk simmons

Whoever they cast I feel it will be downgrade. If they can bring JK back I think they need to do it.

right but my point is that the same actress was used in both comic book universes.. same should be possible with jk simmons
You're missing the point.

Simmons was done with Spidey 3, now he's in DC. Same actor in both comic book universes, but now he's moved on to another universe, just like Ayelet Zurer......

You're missing the point.

Simmons was done with Spidey 3, now he's in DC. Same actor in both comic book universes, but now he's moved on to another universe, just like Ayelet Zurer......
No, I didn't miss the point. Unless there are scheduling conflicts I don't see why having JK participate in both universes is a problem.

If it is a problem though, I'm all for Ice Cube in the role - but they need to make him actually look like his comic book counterpart. Give him one of those high rise afro hairstyles, and just a mustache. No goatee. And a cigar, which Ice Cube has been seen chomping on from time to time anyway.

CdATM8pUAAETEwG.jpg

I'd be down for Ice Cube, and that above pic is great. But I'm worried he'd just be another over the top caricature like Simmons. Not that Simmons wasn't great, but I want something new this time around.

Hugh Laurie is still my #1 pick. I wouldn't mind Ice Cube either, CaptainWagner said it best. You don't want someone who's too over the top. Simmons was the perfect blend.

I hope JK still does the cartoons at least. I find it hard to imagine him being Gordon & JJJ concurrently in the movies, which would be the case given both would be longtime gigs running alongside each other.

I'm a bit confused at the Ice Cube suggestions. Though I haven't seen him act in a movie since his Friday movies. Don't know what inspires people to suggest him.

I'd be down for Ice Cube, and that above pic is great. But I'm worried he'd just be another over the top caricature like Simmons. Not that Simmons wasn't great, but I want something new this time around.
:up: for ice cube butI thought the over the top caricature is what JJJ is supposed to be

As long as whoever plays JJJ doesn't play him like that guy from TMZ(which is honestly what comic book JJJ would be in modern day), then I'll be fine. Over the top is fine, but let the cartoonish stay dead in the Raimi films.

Ice Cube i don't think he would play a caricaturistic J.J, i say he is good enough to act like...well Jameson, he can be angry yet still be serious and somewhat intimidating.
The scene from 22 Jump Street when Schmidt is in his office due to...well just watch:
[YT]u32AH80W9Vs[/YT]
Couldn't find a better quality but, when i see Ice Cube there, i can easily think him as JJ.

Did MCU change the ethnic backgrounds for any of their characters besides Heimdall? Cause Heimdall is mostly a few scenes kind of character.
JJJ will have a bigger role, more significant, doubt they will change his ethnic background, and place a mostly serious actor like Denzel Washington or recent Hugh Laurie to play him.

Rowan Atkinson for J. Jonah Jameson.
I'm listening to the Mr. Bean movie theme right now, that inspired the idea, he's a great comedian, and a really clever man, and I think he also enjoys comic books, dude played Spider-Man for an internet parody of the first Raimi film, he can pull it off nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"