Homecoming JK Simmons as Jameson again?

Would easily have J.K. Simmons back in a heartbeat. I'd like to see his JJJ in more than just a Spider-man movie too.

That's so true. I'd love to see him show up in an Iron Man flick or even the next Avengers movie.

Bring back Hoffman as well. "HOFFFMANNNNN!" Just kidding... but I would love to see the return of JK Simmons. Should they still use the Flatiron Building as the Daily Bugle?

Jonah: "You want a staff job, and you want a staff job. Anybody care about what I want?"
*Hoffman sticks his head in the door* "I do"
Jonah: "Shut up. Get out"

The thought of Simmons JJJ in the MCU makes me way more excited than the idea of Spidey in the MCU

Just think of all the potentially great interactions

JJJ and Stark going back and forth would be on another level of greatness

The Raimi JJJ become increasingly silly and comedic. It would be interesting to see JK Simmons do a different take on him if he were brought back.

They should definitely use Jameson beyond the comic relief he provides, but hopefully not in expense of the relief altogether.

Of course, it's a good thing for us that JK Simmons excels at both.

Bring back Hoffman as well. "HOFFFMANNNNN!" Just kidding... but I would love to see the return of JK Simmons. Should they still use the Flatiron Building as the Daily Bugle?

Heh, I wouldn't mind the return of Hoffman really, I though he complemented the dynamic between Jonah and Robbie rather well being Jonah's doormat. :yay:

Don't know about the Flairon Building, but if they go along with it they better use the Chrysler Building as Kingpin's headquarters as well! :woot:

If anyone has trouble understanding how it would work, just look at Judi Dench as M. Two different continuities, same actor/character. It'd also be a nod to the Raimi Spidey films which helped pave the way for the MCU.

...but who would Bruce Campbell play?

I sorta don't want him back. I want this to be it's completely own thing without relying on any of the prior films. I want them to embrace the new continuity. He was great no doubt, but the idea just seems really weird to me.

I sorta don't want him back. I want this to be it's completely own thing without relying on any of the prior films. I want them to embrace the new continuity. He was great no doubt, but the idea just seems really weird to me.

I certainly agree to an extent. If they move on from him, no big deal. But he's also become iconic in the role, imo. Not that someone else wouldn't be able to come in and do a good job but it will be very difficult to top his character. I don't necessarily think Simmons coming back would ruin the continuity because we'd have an entire new cast surrounding him--I just think about envisioning Simmon's JJJ interacting with other members of the MCU, particularly RDJ's Stark and it makes me giddy.

I certainly agree to an extent. If they move on from him, no big deal. But he's also become iconic in the role, imo. Not that someone else wouldn't be able to come in and do a good job but it will be very difficult to top his character. I don't necessarily think Simmons coming back would ruin the continuity because we'd have an entire new cast surrounding him--I just think about envisioning Simmon's JJJ interacting with other members of the MCU, particularly RDJ's Stark and it makes me giddy.
his. in a way JK nailed the character so perfectly it is hard to see any other character coming anywhere near his performance. out of any non-MCU marvel movie performances JK's JJJ is the one so hard to top that it is the better option to just get him on board. John C. McGinley is a great second choice, but nowadays it is hard to see him without thinking 'Why does Dr. Cox run a newspaper?'

A resounding yes. I think it's possible only for this role for something like this to happen. Marvel's already using him in their Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon because they think he's brilliant in the role as well (they underutilize his talents an awful lot on that show). I wouldn't be surprised if there have been discussions given his comments. He's pretty synonymous with the role thanks to how memorable he was in it.

[YT]watch?v=IgL8h_u2PHw[/YT]

nFSebim.gif

Seriously never realised Hoffman said Dr Strange, then JJ replied it's taken. Mind blown.

Simmons' recent slip on Howard Stern says a lot. Marvel/Sony have surely spoken to him or his agents in a preliminary sort of way. There's still so much goodwill around him in that role, I believe general audiences would welcome him back with open arms...especially after the two rather morose chapters without him they've had to suffer through already...

Plus, yeah, he's currently Oscar-nominated...

:word:

Last edited:
My top choice was Dennis Farina (RIP)

Yeah I suggested Farina a number of times for the Amazing series. Great actor.

I wouldn't care personally if Simmons came back and I really doubt anyone would find it confusing, it's jut an entertaining performer reprising a role he excelled at years before. A supporting role, no less.

Just have to wait and see who gets the call.

This should have a poll, simple yes/no ought to do it.

If they *do* bring him back, a slightly more serious/less buffoonish take would be appreciated. Maybe just replace a bit of the obnoxious bluster with a slightly meaner and more spiteful edge. But stay clear of outright raging ******* (until he comes completely unhinged and finances Scorpion anyway :awesome:)

I'd be fine with it, he was perfect in the first three but I hope his role would not be relegated to just a "oh remember how funny this was before? Well here it is again!" type cameo. Hopefully they'd give him something more to work with.

Simmons was a fantastic JJJ. I will never argue that.

But I remember between 1989 and 2008 people saying "No one will ever top Jack Nicholson as Joker! Ever!" Then The Dark Knight came out and things were never the same.

Geez, why don't we give someone else a chance to be JJJ? You never know how amazing it could be until we give it a shot.

**** the "universes." JK Simmons exists in our universe and he is meant to play JJJ. And that's that.

A friend of mine started a movement to get Terry Crews for JJ.

In the oddest way, that would be awesome :lmao:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"