Homecoming JK Simmons as Jameson again?

Still just missing the point. My point wasn't about his age at all. It was just an example of someone being iconic for the part, but someone else doing it a different way and being even better. I'd like to see a different take on Jameson. If you like Simmons, you have three movies with him in them.

nicholson being a good actor did a good job but I don't think his portrayal was absolutely iconic. i'm sure some people will think that but I certainly wouldn't say that.

It's simple.

Where ever this topic is being discussed, there is a vast majority of people gushing over the possibility of Simmons coming back. I still don't get in what way it would confuse people.

He's an iconic character and I would argue that only a very small amount of people wouldn't remember him from the OT. Hell, I would say those same people probably didn't watch the OT. He was the most lovable character without a doubt, and I still remember people laughing at every one of his scenes in theaters.

Plus, with his stock even higher because of his recent work, it only begs the question more. I'm not saying someone can't be better than him, but it would be an injustice to not bring him back if he wants the part.

Still just missing the point. My point wasn't about his age at all. It was just an example of someone being iconic for the part, but someone else doing it a different way and being even better. I'd like to see a different take on Jameson. If you like Simmons, you have three movies with him in them.

If I'm missing your point again then it's because you've not been making it clearly. You made an analogy that said Jack Nicholson would have been the Joker in TDK if everyone thought that he couldn't be topped. That is what you said. I am telling you that is nonsense. It had nothing to do with your point about someone else getting a shot at the part of Jonah, and potentially being better. It was your assertion that they would have put a 72 year old Jack Nicholson in TDK as the Joker.

You understand this now?

If I'm missing your point again then it's because you've not been making it clearly. You made an analogy that said Jack Nicholson would have been the Joker in TDK if everyone thought that he couldn't be topped. That is what you said. I am telling you that is nonsense. It had nothing to do with your point about someone else getting a shot at the part of Jonah, and potentially being better. It was your assertion that they would have put a 72 year old Jack Nicholson in TDK as the Joker.

You understand this now?

There were two parts to my point. I admit the Nicholson part was clumsy, but the idea of giving another actor the part to give it a different take is the important part. Yet you fixate on the clumsy part.

All I'm saying is... I love both Garfield and Maguire as Spidey. They each had takes that offer something different from each other, set in different universes that had something to offer. Not everyone loved Tobey, not everyone loved Andrew. That's fine, but I'm glad to have the variety so more people can be pleased. I'd love to see a new take on Jameson, because I believe someone else could do something I'd love as much as I love Simmons take.

There were two parts to my point. I admit the Nicholson part was clumsy, but the idea of giving another actor the part to give it a different take is the important part. Yet you fixate on the clumsy part.

All I'm saying is... I love both Garfield and Maguire as Spidey. They each had takes that offer something different from each other, set in different universes that had something to offer. Not everyone loved Tobey, not everyone loved Andrew. That's fine, but I'm glad to have the variety so more people can be pleased. I'd love to see a new take on Jameson, because I believe someone else could do something I'd love as much as I love Simmons take.
i agree w/ great power. even if someone can do it better, if jk wants to come back, let him.

I think people aware of the original trilogy can determine that this would be an "M from James Bond" type of deal

If they bring him back the audience will be confused and think it happens within the same universe as Spider-man 1 and 2.

Would be lolzy if the audience was confused though, bring him back for that reason haha

Is the audience confused when Stan Lee shows up in every Marvel film?

People want to see this happen. If audiences can accept Judi Dench as M in two different Bond series, they can accept Simmons back as Jameson. He was born to play that role.

Marvel gets him to play Jameson in all their Marvel Animation shows. It makes sense.

Simmons has been saying that he'd be up to return ever since ASM1 was in production and frankly, I'm surprised that he hasn't already been asked to come back.

Yes yes yes. Just look at the poll results, it's pretty clear what the fans want. I'd be willing to bet that he'll be back in the new movie and I couldn't be happier.

We need more people to vote lol but the turnout will probably be overwhelmingly in Jk's favor anyway

Marvel gets him to play Jameson in all their Marvel Animation shows. It makes sense.

I didn't know about this. If they already have a solid working relationship then I'd say it's even more likely. There's also a big difference in doing this with a main character and a supporting one like JJJ or M. NOBODY is going to be wondering where Tobey is, come on now.

I'm not against them getting someone else either. Depending on who it is I'll either anger at the decision or happy at it, but cannot do either one until I know more. If Dennis Farina were still alive and they got him I'd be like "Awesome! JK who?"

But again, if they do go with JK I'd prefer if he took it down a notch. Just enough to not be an outright cartoon. I'm afraid if he played it just like in the Raimi movies he's stick out in the MCU.

But again, if they do go with JK I'd prefer if he took it down a notch. Just enough to not be an outright cartoon. I'm afraid if he played it just like in the Raimi movies he's stick out in the MCU.
We have our share of comic relief characters in the MCU, I don't see how JK's JJJ would be any different than, say, Sen. Stern

I'd like to see him back, but I can understand if they go with another actor.

We have our share of comic relief characters in the MCU, I don't see how JK's JJJ would be any different than, say, Sen. Stern

Didn't say there should be no comic relief but sticking Raimi's JJJ in the MCU would be like putting Gene Hackman's Lex in Man of Steel imo

Of course Tenzin has to be in it. I really have no interest in Spiderman movie unless he is. Kinda of tired of Spiderman movies.

Does someone twist your arm and force you to go see one every time a new one comes out?

Does someone twist your arm and force you to go see one every time a new one comes out?
I think he means as a spiderman fan, he's tired of going to spiderman movies and coming out disappointed.

we all want to watch a good spiderman movie

Last edited:
If JK Simmons comes back then cool. I dont know how likely it is, Simmons is finally getting the recognition he deserves after Whiplash and he has some high profile roles coming up. So I can see him passing. On the other hand, he seems to like the role a lot.

I wont be mad if he comes back at all. In fact I'd enjoy it. But honestly I just say move forward. I think the Spider-Man films kinda have a problem of looking back rather than moving forward as a franchise.

And yeah I dont think many people will be confused. And even if they are they wont care. AS I said earlier in the thread there are people out there who are confused why the X-Men, Superman, etc. arent in the Avengers. And yet they still watch the movies

If JK Simmons comes back then cool. I dont know how likely it is, Simmons is finally getting the recognition he deserves after Whiplash and he has some high profile roles coming up. So I can see him passing. On the other hand, he seems to like the role a lot.

I wont be mad if he comes back at all. In fact I'd enjoy it. But honestly I just say move forward. I think the Spider-Man films kinda have a problem of looking back rather than moving forward as a franchise.

And yeah I dont think many people will be confused. And even if they are they wont care. AS I said earlier in the thread there are people out there who are confused why the X-Men, Superman, etc. arent in the Avengers. And yet they still watch the movies
eh, it's more of the fact that he was (to me) the biggest highlight of the raimi series

I liked him a lot too and it was a great performance that still doesnt negate or takeaway what I said how I think the franchise has a problem moving forward.

I liked him a lot too and it was a great performance that still doesnt negate or takeaway what I said how I think the franchise has a problem moving forward.

ehh, I dunno about that I mean JJJ isn't a central concern anyway. if he doesn't come back, it's whatever. but his portrayal clearly won everyone over.

ehh, I dunno about that I mean JJJ isn't a central concern anyway. if he doesn't come back, it's whatever. but his portrayal clearly won everyone over.

But what does Simmons' performance being loved have to do with what I said?:huh:

I said the franchise has problem problem moving forward, you said that he is well liked

The two arent really co-related. He can be well liked and the franchise can still have a problem moving forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"