• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Joblo on Ghost Rider

Yeah I think that the people who are more knowledgable about the production (i.e. who the director is) will probably be skeptical because the unfair haze of anguish that surrounds Daredevil. I thought that it was fine. The theatrical cut that was released contained a solid film and the directors cut showed that Tom Rothman enjoys sucking the soul from some of the greatest comic stories ever. If I had one complaint about it, it would be that they tried to cram too much story into one movie, which actually works pretty well considering the extensive laundry list of the issues that are directly translated in that film. I think that Mark is perfect match with Sony, because in the featurettes and behind the scenes stuff where he talks about his passion for the stories and the characters, he seems like a younger Sam Raimi. Paired with Amy Pascal and the dreamteam over at Sony, Mark Steven Johnson is going to deliver a Ghost Rider movie that first and foremost quenches the thirst to have a spot-on rendition of the coolest looking character that has been born under the Marvel Comics seal.

This was my opinion before seeing the two teaser trailers...

My opinion now would consist of copius amounts of drool, wide toothy-grins, and the unmistakable, yet incomprehensible ramblings that sound like ".......yes......yes.....oh, sweet god.....yes.....yes....". I should then be given a few weeks to calm down and then shown the teasers again. I'd probably have a similar reaction as the first time, then it would take only a few minutes this time to calm myself.

What I would say then is...

Mark Steven Johnson, under the Sony and Marvel team-up that has delivered us two comic fan dreams of movies (Spider-Man and it's sequel, Spider-Man 2), has what looks to be the next Sin City on his hands. It's coming out in that sort of time period where Frank Miller's story made a killing. It's got that Frank Miler tone too: it's dark, dangerous, and the audience is never going to be bored or unexcited. It's being made under a company that gives money to risk takers (who'd have thought Raimi would transform into the indie ideal to one of the most bankable directors with that special and unparalleled integrity where the characters and their stories are first, then the major story is second, and everything else is used at the best of their abilities to support the first two mandates. This is the company where Johnson should be able to thrive, and judging from these two teasers, thrive doesn't do Johnson's work justice.

I was chilling with my brother (a person who has an ever growing ecclectic and maturing taste in films) when I saw that they put the teaser up. But it wasn't one teaser, it was two! And they were both in quicktime high def. I loaded them up and we both watched them and were completely blown away. My brother asked me what his story was and I told him the basics and my brother said that it sounded "deep, but ****loads of fun at the same time." That's how I would describe my reaction to what the teasers presented us. It's an honest morality tale about selling your soul to the devil, a topic that has been used in some of the greatest works of literature, but it's matched with the rugged and rogueish tone that made Sin City the ball that it was. We get some really great mythological shots in the teasers, also we get shots that are majestic and exciting...

Something tells me that we ain't seen nothing yet.

I couldn't be more excited for this movie right now! The only one complaint is Nic Cage's dry narration over a bit of the teaser. But, to counter that complaint, it could be either a line from the actual movie (to which we should be thankful that it is delivered in a realistic and unboastful manner) or it's just plain narration for the sake of the trailer, which really has no actual effect on the movie itself.

I can't wait to see peoples eyes light up when they see this thing in theaters tomorrow. Something tells me that the new Superman Returns trailer and this Ghost Rider teaser trailer are going to outdo "The Last Stand" before it's even given a chance to stand up.

FlameHead said:
Just tell me one thing; You didn't buy Crapwoman did you?

How can I put this in a way that won't get me booed off these boards...

No fricking way man! Have you seen that movie. Forget about smoking knocking years off your life that movie will knock off an entire decade. The only reason I would buy the DVD is to have a ceremonial burning of it. In fact I suggest we put all the Crapwoman dvds in a large box and do just that.

Pitof seriously need GR to use his Penance Stare on him. The guilt of inflicting that movie on us all would be worse than anyone else could ever imagine

Threshold said:
Yeah I think that the people who are more knowledgable about the production (i.e. who the director is) will probably be skeptical because the unfair haze of anguish that surrounds Daredevil. I thought that it was fine. The theatrical cut that was released contained a solid film and the directors cut showed that Tom Rothman enjoys sucking the soul from some of the greatest comic stories ever. If I had one complaint about it, it would be that they tried to cram too much story into one movie, which actually works pretty well considering the extensive laundry list of the issues that are directly translated in that film. I think that Mark is perfect match with Sony, because in the featurettes and behind the scenes stuff where he talks about his passion for the stories and the characters, he seems like a younger Sam Raimi. Paired with Amy Pascal and the dreamteam over at Sony, Mark Steven Johnson is going to deliver a Ghost Rider movie that first and foremost quenches the thirst to have a spot-on rendition of the coolest looking character that has been born under the Marvel Comics seal.

My opinion now would consist of copius amounts of drool, wide toothy-grins, and the unmistakable, yet incomprehensible ramblings that sound like ".......yes......yes.....oh, sweet god.....yes.....yes....". I should then be given a few weeks to calm down and then shown the teasers again. I'd probably have a similar reaction as the first time, then it would take only a few minutes this time to calm myself.

Mark Steven Johnson, under the Sony and Marvel team-up that has delivered us two comic fan dreams of movies (Spider-Man and it's sequel, Spider-Man 2), has what looks to be the next Sin City on his hands. It's coming out in that sort of time period where Frank Miller's story made a killing. It's got that Frank Miler tone too: it's dark, dangerous, and the audience is never going to be bored or unexcited. It's being made under a company that gives money to risk takers (who'd have thought Raimi would transform into the indie ideal to one of the most bankable directors with that special and unparalleled integrity where the characters and their stories are first, then the major story is second, and everything else is used at the best of their abilities to support the first two mandates. This is the company where Johnson should be able to thrive, and judging from these two teasers, thrive doesn't do Johnson's work justice.

I was chilling with my brother (a person who has an ever growing ecclectic and maturing taste in films) when I saw that they put the teaser up. But it wasn't one teaser, it was two! And they were both in quicktime high def. I loaded them up and we both watched them and were completely blown away. My brother asked me what his story was and I told him the basics and my brother said that it sounded "deep, but ****loads of fun at the same time." That's how I would describe my reaction to what the teasers presented us. It's an honest morality tale about selling your soul to the devil, a topic that has been used in some of the greatest works of literature, but it's matched with the rugged and rogueish tone that made Sin City the ball that it was. We get some really great mythological shots in the teasers, also we get shots that are majestic and exciting...

I couldn't be more excited for this movie right now! The only one complaint is Nic Cage's dry narration over a bit of the teaser. But, to counter that complaint, it could be either a line from the actual movie (to which we should be thankful that it is delivered in a realistic and unboastful manner) or it's just plain narration for the sake of the trailer, which really has no actual effect on the movie itself.

I can't wait to see peoples eyes light up when they see this thing in theaters tomorrow. Something tells me that the new Superman Returns trailer and this Ghost Rider teaser trailer are going to outdo "The Last Stand" before it's even given a chance to stand up.

Hey me and my brother have the same feeling after watching GR teaser trailer.
And ya you are right the trailers are so cool that people will be thinking about GR while watching X3 and say X3 sucked!!!!! even if the ACTION was great for X3.
I hope that does not happen.

Threshold said:

It was a complete and absolute pleasure to read this post. You truly summed things up for a lot of Ghost Rider fans I say, me included.

As much as I'd giggle over the GR teaser taking the spotlight away from X3, I really can't see that happening. I know I'm pretty excited about the X3 flick. The teaser was just the cherry on the top, ya know?...

... Ahh, who am I kidding? I'm going to see it tomorrow noon for the teaser and tomorrow night for the movie, let's face it.

I'm really glad to see that! I remember the last time joblo had a poll regarding Ghost Rider and there was only one postitive option (unless you count the "I'm seeing it for Eva" option a postitive one, and I wouldn't think less of you if you did). At that point I believe we had just gotten those four terrific and atomospheric pieces of art from MSJ, the one with [I think it's] Caretaker and Ghost Rider, side by side, riding through the dark murkyness of night... Well seeing the image in motion was about a thousand times better than seeing it as artwork. That's says a lot about the quality of the work and the amount of effort that they are putting into this thing. Usually the movie ends up having the shots look just as good/different as the concept art or it just doesn't look at cool. Is it a rarity among the most highly regarded films that have needed the usage of concept art? Probably not. Which is why Ghost Rider is going to deliver the goods.

Thanks MSJ for making this thing live off of the pages that we so treasure and bringing the rider into the real world!

Better choices this time than last time they had a poll for Ghost Rider thats for sure, but Joblo members have never seemed to like Ghost Rider for some reason. I don't think they are big Ghost Rider fans.

screenamesuck said:
Better choices this time than last time they had a poll for Ghost Rider thats for sure, but Joblo members have never seemed to like Ghost Rider for some reason. I don't think they are big Ghost Rider fans.

Well we all know what to say to them then.

It rhymes a little bit with "duck cough"

xwolverine2 said:
why do so many people hate it!!!??

Because if it ain't got somebody cramming their ass in a pair of spandex, a lot of people won't be intersted :rolleyes:

well, he is wearing leather, close enough. Eva also is wearing a pretty tight outfit in the teaser.

Update on the Poll :ghost:

How is "Ghost Rider" looking to you nowadays?

The new trailer makes it look better, I'm intrigued now.
38.89% = 688 votes

Same as usual...crap on a stick.
33.41% = 591 votes

Two words: Eva Mendes.
14.41% = 255 votes

Great! I've been stoked about this flick from the start!
13.28% = 235 votes

I merged a couple of JoBlo threads to create this one. I figured it's a constant conversation for a few folks here, mainly hating everything we read there, so I'm bumpin' it.

lol wondered why ya bumped a 9 month old poll lol

LoL. Yeah, silly me. Just wanted to spark a conversation on JoBlo vs Ghost Rider...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"