Joe Gatt Interview... Skurge??!!

xmfreak86

Civilian
Reaction score
http://screenrant.com/joseph-gatt-thor-villain-cast-rob-41344/2/

Here are the quotes you would be most interested in: :cwink:

Good answer. These are definitely my faves too. We know your involvement in Thor is being kept under wraps for the time being, but are there any hints what we may see from you on screen?
Marvel are really into secrecy and protecting their scripts and characters, so there’s not much I can say except that I’m playing a bad guy with a lot of action.
Any scenes with the God of Thunder?
Yes, my character gives him a lot of grief
icon_wink.gif

How about Loki?
Now you’re fishing for clues. Yes, Tom Hiddleston is a great guy.

Let’s look at what we know:
  • He’s a villain
  • Action-oriented role
  • Gives Thor lots of trouble
  • Has scenes with Loki
  • Has sweet weapons
  • Is an Asgardian warrior
Combining that with Gatt’s physical prowess and expertise with weapons and combat, not too mention his appearance, I have a pretty good feeling that he’ll be playing Skurge the Executioner, as some of us Screen Ranters have guessed at behind the scenes and who’s been frequently speculated at online.

alot have been thinking that is who is his role for awhile.

Why do I get the feeling he's basically going to be tracking Thor during his time hidden on Earth and draws him out by causing mayhem?

Basically the Terminator.

Last edited:
He looks like the perfect Absorbing Man. But since he mentioned Asgardian garbs, Looks like he might be Skurge after all...

Skurge or the Absorbing Man would be great. I don't really care which; they're both great villains that I didn't expect to be in the film at all. :up:

Joe Gatt said:
The designers have done an extraordinary job at maintaining the traditional Marvel looks all the fans are expecting, but adding their own new style.
It sounded really promising until that last sentence.

Well, that's to be expected. Even the most comic-faithful movie costumes have had some alterations.

Well, that's to be expected. Even the most comic-faithful movie costumes have had some alterations.

Yea what works on paper may not necessarily work on screen so I'm always cool with a lil tweaking as long as the overall core is the same. For example I think that X-Men/ Wolverine costume was a bit lazy. They could have made it as close to the comics as possible. I do understand that orange (especially bright orange) may look campy and goofy on screen but I'm sure they could have at least use a dark orange or something and also include the mask. What do you guys think?

I'm fairly certain that he was a model for my Figure Drawing Class a few times. Wow, cool.

I'm fairly certain that he was a model for my Figure Drawing Class a few times. Wow, cool.
The actor:
joseph-gatt.jpg

My Art:
01140022522JoeGatt.jpg

I am 98%-99% sure its him.

I also drew this guy
Idrewhim.jpg

023b.jpg

but I digress, sorry.

So is he playing the Executioner or Absorbing Man?

Last edited:
can someone put a side by side of Skurge? If not that's cool.

^ Awesome manip. Looks BA! I would guess that he is playing Skurge. He confirmed he is an Asgardian, and c'mon, look at the guy!

Could always be a new, movie-only Asgardian. But he would definitely be a good fit for Skurge.

yea i dont see why he wouldnt be this skurge character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"