John Carter : A Princess of Mars - Part 4

I disagree. But that's the beauty of it, opinions. You and a lot of people understood the movie, myself and a lot of people didn't.
That is easy to understand.

How long ago did you watch it?

March 21st. I was really looking forward to it. I didn't get intimidated by all the bad press.
But it disappointed me, I can't recommend it.

I would then suggest watching it again. See how hard you find it to follow this time.

watched this film for the 1st time on STARZ on demand and this movie did not deserve the bad rap it got this was no way a bad movie could of been better but i really loved this film very entertaining epic imo

this is by far my fav .scene in the movie

watched this film for the 1st time on STARZ on demand and this movie did not deserve the bad rap it got this was no way a bad movie could of been better but i really loved this film very entertaining epic imo

God I love the music in that sequence. I was listening to it yesterday. Woke up with it in my head and listened to it again today.

My problem with that scene was that it was like juxtaposed with his flashback and kind of brought down the whole fight scene. They basically made it into a montage. Would've just much rather seen that fight scene uninterrupted.

yeah it makes it more emotional kind of like nite owl 1 death scene in watchmen

some of us payed a lot money to watch this movie on the big screen. how come you didnt watch it in march?

i work 6 days a week on night shift,tight on money,and currently without a car lol i wanted to see it but things didn't work out lol

I love that it's a montage. :)

Agreed, I prefer the scene the way it is rather than just one long meaningless fight scene. The flashbacks add emotion and meaning to the scene which otherwise wouldnt have been there. Its the best scene in the movie for me.

The movie should've been titled 'Fred Savage'.

It does seem that the majority of the people that actually saw the movie either think it's great or at the very least didn't deserve the reputation it got as some ****** movie that deserved to bomb.

This was one of my favourite movies this year. Upon first veiwing I thought that maybe someone else should have being cast as John Carter but over a couple more viewings, Taylor Kitsch has grown on me in the role. Lynn Collins is hot. The CGI is fantastic. The action is good and I love that fight scene with the flashbacks and that music in particular too... And the ending is really cool too.

Andrew Stanton should direct Star Wars although, unforunately, after this, he probably won't get another live action gig at Disney.. at least not for a while.

I want Andrew Stanton to direct Star Wars Episode VII! But he won't be even in the running because of the box office failure of this film. :(

I think Andrew's spirits are broken despite him saying its not and Finding Nemo 2 was in the works for a while.

Andrew would be a good choice because his spirit is broken. now he has to rise up. and to do this he would give everything he has.

IMO

This was one of my favourite movies this year. Upon first veiwing I thought that maybe someone else should have being cast as John Carter but over a couple more viewings, Taylor Kitsch has grown on me in the role. Lynn Collins is hot. The CGI is fantastic. The action is good and I love that fight scene with the flashbacks and that music in particular too... And the ending is really cool too.

Andrew Stanton should direct Star Wars although, unforunately, after this, he probably won't get another live action gig at Disney.. at least not for a while.

Its a shame as he directed a good sci-fi movie in the mould of SW, but he wont get that chance. Stanton was actually my choice for Guardians Of The Galaxy before Gunn got the job, I am delighted with Gunn but would have loved Stanton to get the gig as well.

Like sand through the hour glass.....

The issue Andrew Stanton had with budget and reshoots and the like probably wouldn't happen with a Star Wars film. You're gonna have so many people watching over this and making sure they get this right that he would just have to focus on filming the damn thing.

I would love to see Andrew Stanton direct it.

Stanton probably learned a lot of hard lessons from JC and IMO would indeed be more effective at Star Wars than, say, some other Pixar director with a clean box office record taking his first stab at live-action.

Too many clumsy mistakes with John Carter to make him a candidate for Star Wars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"