John Wick: Chapter 2

Golgo-13

The Return of the O.G
Reaction score
Love the ending. The assassins are everywhere.

John Wick 3 will be 'Neo' and 'Morphius' group vs everyone else!

Already past the first films box office WW.

Selfish bastah in me wants them to keep going, but I would not be bummed if we got no third film (unlikely). Let the third one live in our minds, just like Wick's legend. lol

I'd usually agree. But I think they gotta complete the trilogy. Whilst 2 is a great standalone movie, it sets everything up for a grand finale perfectly.

This has a shot at being one of the best trilogies ever. They just gotta stick the landing.

Selfish bastah in me wants them to keep going, but I would not be bummed if we got no third film (unlikely). Let the third one live in our minds, just like Wick's legend. lol
You are not wrong, but I honestly can't imagine there not being a third film. The film just sets it up so hard. It would probably drive me mad.

There has to be a 3rd film. No way it stops with this film when the whole world is after him. Those calls to accounts payable...damn.

I think the best way to do the third movie would be a crossover with Bill and Ted.

Loved this. LOVED it. A no nonsense, extremely well crafted headshot-fest that keeps things simple and straight forward - a good lesson for some other movies to learn. Reeves has never been more suited to a role, and given that he's 52, the work rate he puts in something else. While none of us were paying that much attention, Keanu became an absolute ****ing boss. The closest Hollywood has got to matching the Hong Kong action style.

Can't wait for part three!

We all agree, though, after #3 there should be no more, right?

If the quality continues into a third and final part, it will go down as one of the greatest action trilogies ever made. And then end it there!

Last edited:
You don't think if it does well we won't get John Wick: The Series? Even if they kill him off or something they'll reboot if the fanboy dorks give it enough of a cult following.

That's very interesting. His actions may have been something that makes the higher ups think, "why do we need to follow these tradtiions?"

Loved this. LOVED it. A no nonsense, extremely well crafted headshot-fest that keeps things simple and straight forward - a good lesson for some other movies to learn. Reeves has never been more suited to a role, and given that he's 52, the work rate he puts in something else. While none of us were paying that much attention, Keanu became an absolute ****ing boss. The closest Hollywood has got to matching the Hong Kong action style.

Can't wait for part three!

If the quality continues into a third and final part, it will go down as one of the greatest action trilogies ever made. And then end it there!

Agreed, brother. I just hope hope HOPE this doesnt become a franchise thats gonne be milked dry. Like Fast and Furious.

Finally got a chance to see Chapter 2. It was a great movie and a kick-a$$ ride, however, I like the first one slightly better. Chapter 2, while having more action scenes, didn't have the emotional punch like the first one. I also found the choreography of the fight scenes less epic, for lack of a better word, this time around. But, as I said, this was still a kick-a$$ movie. You better believe I'll be in line opening day for Chapter 3.

Chapter 1: 9.5/10
Chapter 2: 9/10

Just came back from this. What an awesome ride!

It takes everything I loved about the 1st film and elevates it several notches. The action, the music, the cinematography, the set pieces - it is amazing!

Reeves owns once more as Mr. Wick.

Hope they finish the franchise off in a proper manner - with another amazing and well crafted action film.

Finally got a chance to see Chapter 2. It was a great movie and a kick-a$$ ride, however, I like the first one slightly better. Chapter 2, while having more action scenes, didn't have the emotional punch like the first one. I also found the choreography of the fight scenes less epic, for lack of a better word, this time around. But, as I said, this was still a kick-a$$ movie. You better believe I'll be in line opening day for Chapter 3.

Chapter 1: 9.5/10
Chapter 2: 9/10

I can agree with this. The first one was stronger emotionally, but I found the second one's story really compelling. But still, John's house getting torched doesn't hold a candle (see what I did there?) to his dog getting killed. Can't wait to see where they go in the third one.

I think there was more to it than just destroying his house. He lost everything that reminded him of Helen. At least he got her bracelet back, but they also focused alot on his collection of pictures, holding shots on them, watching them burn, and Santino even holding one at one point. Not as strong as killing his Dog, but there was more than just the house.

I can understand that the first has a slightly more compelling reason to support Wick but I just like how the actions of the first cause the actions of the second. So many people have died now because of one chance meeting at a petrol station and Wick wanting revenge not thinking the past would now come back to haunt him. The second film could never re-create the emotional pull of the first but I like how in the first film he killed for revenge because Wick wanted to, in the second he is killing because he has too against his will, its a chore for him, the second takes a lot more out of him than the first and it shows.

I saw it a few days and was really disappointed. I found it quite numbing and alienating. Went back and watched the first one last night to understand why.

I think it ultimately comes down to Wick himself. The first film really built up to the violence, establishing him first as a wounded person. He's hurting, both emotionally and physically, and by the time the dog is killed you are waiting for that explosion. Chapter 2 opens as it ends, with Wick wasting hordes of henchmen. There's less anticipation, and far less emotional weight behind it. More is less, and all that.

Some of the new world building elements confused me too, particularly Homeless Morpheus and his gang. They came about so late and didn't seem to add anything to the story. Cassius was an interesting foil but kind of wasted.

I did like some stuff. Wick's mission in Rome was a pretty great sequence, as was the montage of contract killers. It was fun seeing John getting Bond-esque tailoring and weapons. I'm gonna watch this again with the first fresher in my mind. I hope I enjoy it more.

I finally get to see the film tomorrow!!! So excited to see Wick kick ass!

I'm with Keanu here; that would indeed be awesome! Wick feels like the kind of character you could center this fictional world's "Underworld Ragnarok" around. Wick's still probably a bit too limited to actually wipe out the entire High Table and their men himself, but the sheer chaos he's unleashed by slaying two chairmen from that grotesque body and by breaking the rules of the Continental? That could easily spill into massive, open warfare. Especially with the Bowery Kong already in opposition to the criminal elite.

And if the High Table turns on Winston because he's sheltered someone like Wick, and maybe even kills Winston, what are the odds the rest of the Continental- and perhaps more importantly, their assassin patrons- are just going to allow that? Some will likely bow down, but others might decide that Wick's humility in accepting Winston's punishment makes such an action unneccessary and bad for business.

I can't believe I will say this, but the pencil scene in this film blows away the Joker pencil scene in TDK. And I LOVE the Joker pencil scene in TDK :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"