Johnny Depp sues ex-wife Amber Heard over article

Don't get me wrong, I still like some of Depp's movies and he is more talented than Amber ever will be, but assuming all things being equal (which isn't true) if I had to give some benefit of doubt to one person, Depp surely isn't getting any.
Johnny Depp is in like 7 of my favorite movies, and that is probably low balling it. He was my favorite actor growing up. But the obvious carrying of water for him do to his popularity is disappointing. Not surprising, but still disappointing.

Behind Warner Bros.' Decision to Sever Ties With Johnny Depp | Hollywood Reporter

The studio’s film chief Toby Emmerich had made the decision the previous day to sever ties with the star who was reprising his role as dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald in the five-film franchise. The call was prompted by a U.K. judge dismissing Depp’s defamation claims in a closely watched trial that pitted the actor against the publisher of The Sun after the British tabloid referred to Depp as a “wife-beater.” The judge’s ruling makes it a lot easier for news outlets to use similar depictions when referring to Depp’s stormy two-year marriage to actress Amber Heard, creating a PR headache for the studio.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Warners wanted to allow due process to take its course before making a decision on the embattled star’s future in the franchise. Once Judge Andrew Nicol ruled that he accepted Heard's testimony, which was detailed and painted a picture of Depp as an abuser, Emmerich’s decision was a fait accompli, with the studio opting to recast the role less than midway through the franchise.

The Hype: Oh my Zod Darth, you 100% exactly right? :eek:

Darth: Shocking, I know. :mnm:

havent been keeping up with all this because well... way more important things have been going on.... but WB is done with both of them, correct?

havent been keeping up with all this because well... way more important things have been going on.... but WB is done with both of them, correct?

No confirmation they’re done with Heard yet.

As long there is no confirmation, Amber is still there. I have no problem if she stays personally, but PR-wise, it will cause some pain. I love DC movies, so PR problems/ outrage/ backlash are nothing new though.

Don't look at the social media, both sides have this cultish devotion. :funny:
I didn't expect the backlash to be this big, but they're just internet backlash. We'll see. The FB franchise itself already troubling for years. The next Aquaman film will be more successful than the next FB film.

I'd like to make a correction. Turns out the judge knew the lawyers wife not the lawyer himself. So I stand corrected. I misheard where I got the information from.

It still wouldn't matter if the judge knew the lawyer himself. That should be your correction.

What about the vexed question ...Did Amber or did she not own the poop found in the bed ?
(I like to use this Name of the Rose quote for comedic purpose).

I do not believe either side as a whole, nor have I said that during this current discussion. I am talking about the fundamental realities of the situation. Depp asked a court to decide is his guilt or innocence by the legal standard set out in civil court. That is what the lawsuit basically boiled down to him asking whether a judge believed he is a wife beater or not. The judge, who knows more about this case then any individual here or on the internet, said yes, there was enough merit to calling Johnny Depp a wife beater.

The reality of the situation is that Depp got himself branded a wife beater by a count do to his own decision making. You can say you don't believe he is one, and that's your decision. Maybe he will win his appeal, maybe he will win his US lawsuit. This does not change the reality of the current situation that saw WB fire him. The likelihood of that happening if he had not pressed with this vanity project of a lawsuit is pretty close to zero. So as I, Snow Queen and B have pointed out multiple times, this is Depp's fault he lost his job at WB. If Heard keeps hers, I would also put that on Depp, because again, he is the one who got her branded as a battered wife in the court of law.

You wanted to know how this is Depp's fault? That is how.
I don't think that equals it being his fault, if he isn't one. He spoke out against what, if he isn't one, was a lie against him that painted him in a negative light. If someone isn't something, who decides that they're wrong for not wanting to be labeled it?

The fact of the matter is, we may not know all of what the judge knows, but that's the thing, we don't know, and we can't speak on the judge's reasons and/or intentions, as a whole. Just on the info provided.
So, it's odd that people find him more innocent and look at him as a victim. In reality, both of them were fighting but some people are happily assuming that Depp can do no wrong and Amber is the one who's manipulative and a liar.

In my opinion both were responsible for the fights but Depp comes off as more manipulative and clever (or should I say, cunning ?) in this.
If the situation is really that both sides were not good to eachother, I think that paints Amber's side and the blog newspaper or whatever that Depp went against in a less positive light. As far as I know, Depp didn't ignite the issue at first. If they're both to blame, it being made into something against Depp in the first place, I think makes no sense.

My money is on her not having done so. She probably made a donation, but she's also pocketed a lump sum. Can count on it.
the fact her lawyers already said she's planning to make the payments over 10 years instead of a lump sum shows she's just living off the money/interest/investing/whatever with it instead of actually paying it like she claimed to get good PR. especially a children's hospital

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"