Joker Costume for Halloween

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Steyin, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ Kornphlake Registered (P)

Wow, all you need is a matching bowler hat with that green suit and you've got a Riddler costume as well.

2. The Redux 714 Registered

Actually, I must admit, I took a que from someone else here, and bought teh long purple jacketed purple suit. It's half the price, and perfect for wat I need.

Green suit however, a buddy of mine needed, and he jsut found one, Frank Gorshin style, at teh Good Will recently. We got a whole theme park of folks, Riddler, Joker (me), and Harley (who is actually my buddies girlfriend.) If anyone in Texas wants to join the fun, lemme know.

3. Lunar_Wolf WTF face

[​IMG]

This is my make-up

4. Spider-Bat BATMAN

That's not the Joker. Ever read a comic? Ever seen the real Joker? Not that phony Nolan dull crap.

5. Luchastyle is awesome

i think everyone going as joker this year is basing it on the nolan joker. which looks awesome. i believe we all saw you in the spoiler forums making a hackneyed attempt at an argument.

6. DJ Kornphlake Registered (P)

Green hair? Check.
    White face? Check.
    Red lips? Check.

Sounds like Joker to me.

7. Lunar_Wolf WTF face

No I just go to SUPERHEROHYPE for the hell of it:dry:

yep I've seen the real Joker walking down my street 5 minutes ago:whatever:

Better get used to it. Nolans version is going to inspire comic books in the future if successful.

8. The Redux 714 Registered

Not that I'm one to nit-pick or anything, but I think that make-up job needs some work. For one, get the scars, and two, while it is a chaotic mess, it's not done sloppily. Take some pride in your work.

Like this, for example. The following is me, doing a dry-run with the scar on one side of my face:

[​IMG]

And to the guy posting to go as the "real" joker, sorry to say this, but unless you cn actually make your face do the smile like The Man Who Laughs, all you are gonna get is a vampire wearing red lipstick.

EDIT: By the way, my Joker will be something of a cross between Nolan's Joker and teh Classic version.

9. darkknightfan63 Registered

Im going to go to the Goodwill and find a cheap purple suit.

Its a plus if its a little torn up.

And a halloween store for the makeup.

10. Lunar_Wolf WTF face

How'd you do the scar?

Same here. I would love if we saw more Joker images from TDK so I can see what kind of outfits he is wearing.

11. The Redux 714 Registered

I tried a combonation of things, but I settled on the following.

There's some stuff called "collodion", scaring liquid. Put this suff on your skin like ail polish remover, and it wrinkles up, giving a scar-like effect. If you draw a line on your skin first, using a darker color, it looks like a scar.

In addition, I have some 3-D Gel that is used to create deep gashes and cuts, burns, ect. Put a think layer of that stuff on your face, and tke a toothpick and just carve the cut into the gel, which hardens.

Combined, it makes a nice effect. The gel would probably work by itself, and the collodion doesn't wrinkle the skin enough to show through make-up used fro The Joker. I'll try to do a dry-run with full make-up (sans green hair for now), and get a pic up sometime.

12. Lighthouse Fairness, Equality, Bacon

I'm trying to go as Two-Face for Halloween, and am looking for ideas for the heavy scarring on his face. Would you recommend the collodon, 3D gel or both?

13. The Redux 714 Registered

Honestly, I'd go with some kind of prothstetic, either a full face burn victim and cut it down the middle or like the one posted eariler in the thread. Those make-up kits are usually unpainted when you get them, so just paint it to look more like Two-Face instead of a road-rash look.

Collodion works well for small cuts and scars, ala Scarface, and the 3D gel stuff isn't exactly what I would call "smother my face in the stuff" friendly. Although, if I had to pick between the two, I'd say use small patches of the gel around your face, and paint the rest accordingly. (air brushing works well for that)

I also would suggest (if you have the money and time) doing a custom Latex mold. I briefly considered Two-Face, but I decided against it.

14. Lighthouse Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Thanks for the advice. I thought about doing a latex mold, but don't you have to get some sort of bust of your head to make it? I'm not sure how I would make it.

15. LegendaryCaleb Registered

ok guys...heres the thing...i have 100 dollars to turn into the joker...any ideas or tips on staying within these lines

16. The Redux 714 Registered

1. How "Joker" do you want to be? Which version?

2. With that mind, look around for thrift stores and what they might have.

3. It's getting close to Halloween month, and that means places around your town will start getting mae-up and things in stock. If you have a costume shop in town, I'd suggest starting there.

17. Steyin Bidding you ADIEU!

I picked up that purple jacket/suit/slacks combo from eBay, so all I need now is a vest and dress shirt. I also came up with the idea to but a blank deck of cards, grab as many joker playing card images from the net as I can, and print them onto the cards to make an all joker deck.

18. gregchick1 Registered

Hey all

I want to be Nolan's and Heath's Joker for Halloween. Below is everything I've got; the purple jacket I ordered on ebay, the green vest/bowtie i also got on ebay. the blue shirt is one i owned already and i may stick w/that if I cant find a better blue shirt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I need gloves badly. Anyone know where to get some gloves like the leaked pics show? I'm going to buy some business khaki pants and dye them purple using RIT DYE. google it, its the best stuff. I'll post pics when i do it. What do youa ll think so far??

19. gregchick1 Registered

I just wanna say I saw some fake scars they sell but they're kinda big, they're meant for your forearm. I was thinking of buying them, cutting them in half, and pasting them to the sides of my lips to make them extend out. Then I can just cover it w/the white facepaint, but I don't know how that'll look. Anyone got some suggestions on making the scar/puffy cuts Heath has??

Greg

20. Untilteld Registered

cool wardrobe greg chick, just need purple pants, and you have the right hair, dye that up.

21. gregchick1 Registered

this jacket is sick. i also got mine from ebay (see above) how much did yours cost??

Greg

22. JinnSato Registered

Me and a bunch or my friends are dressing up as Batman villains for Halloween. We're going to go around town and cause havoc.
    I'm being The Riddler!
    But I'm still trying t get a costume together.

23. LegendaryCaleb Registered

nolans joker(i was thinkin comic joker...but i want a bigger challenge)
    u think i can find a purple suit or just blazer within my range?

24. Steyin Bidding you ADIEU!

The eBay one pictured above was $85 with shipping. Make-up you can get for cheap at Party City or similar stores. The rest can be cheap if you find the right places. My card idea mentioned before will cost 8 bucks, so I think all in all I'm spending no more than $150, but it will look damn close to Ledger.

25. Lunar_Wolf WTF face

I want that Jacket.

My Joker outfit will be lame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.