Joker Costume for Halloween

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Steyin, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

2. The Redux 714 Registered

Well, hell....

I've been planning this Joker thing since January, and now I'm stuck, so close to Halloween.

My new job won't allow me to dye my hair green (as was the orginal plan), I can't use spray on green dye, because I can't use it on bleached hair (I bleached my brown hair blonde to help bring out teh color), so I'm stuck. I am NOT using a wig, either...

Any help would be great.

3. LegendaryCaleb Registered

i bought the costume that i posted...and im about to buy a green vest and a fake gun and then i gotta work on my plans for my hair...(i got short hair...so any ideas on how to make its look somewhat like heaths?)

4. Luchastyle is awesome

they probably sell temporary dye that comes out in one or two washes. but if you REALLY REALLY are dedicated to this. you dye it green, then shave your head to a buzz cut at the end of the night or the next day. or just dye it back. it's a lot of work, but, if it's something you are totally set on doing, then those are your best options.

5. Luchastyle is awesome

i don't think the length is so important. just green it up, wet it up, and gel it up, and mess it up. then you should be good.

6. strikezone89 Smarks Chat CM PUNK :-/

why can't u just use the cheap spray on dye that washes out on my bleached very light blonde hair about a year ago and it came out of my hair just fine?

7. LegendaryCaleb Registered

im friends with a hair stylist...if i got a cheap wig...u think i could get it close to the real thing?

8. Steyin Bidding you ADIEU!

Found some more cheaper gloves:

http://www.finehandwear.com/womensgloves.html

$40, Under "Melody", color is boysenberry
    [​IMG]

And, $25, http://www.landsend.com/pp/WashableSuedeGloves-68657_176540_-1.html?CM_MERCH=PGGT_68657

[​IMG]

It seems that for the vest the best way to go is for a service/restaurant uniform vest:

http://restaurantuniforms.com/restaurantvests.htm
    [​IMG]

On sale for $20.36!

This site has a hunter vest for $12! http://www.uniformselite.com/hospitality.html

[​IMG]

I'll keep posting more stuff as I find it.

Also, might anyone know where to get a plain clown mask? Or even something thats white that I can make up to look like Heath's mask? All I keep getting are scary clown masks...

9. Mr. Socko Registered

10. enright6 Registered

guys i found a purple suit that could work....but its not a cheap one... http://www.mensusa.com/products.aspx?id=1769 idk if anyone would wanna do this but....to me it seems to be the only purple suit i can seem to find that looks halfway decent...

11. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

That's good you're getting a green vest, because that orange one looks silly. Joker needs a collar, too. So, make it a green shirt, like I did. Like the one in that pic I posted.

Looks great.

You'll get them when I have all my make up and hair dye, gloves, and the multi coloured Ledger-Joker socks on :D

12. LegendaryCaleb Registered

well since im already a lil off track...im not gonna try to match ledger the full way...ive got a lighter purple suit (the costume i posted)
    getting a hunter green vest(thanks to steyin)...and a black dress shirt underneath...i got a box full of colored ties...ill decide when it all comes in...right now one of the crucial things is finding a nice fake gun to carry...
    and then i gotta worry about the most annoying thing........the hair

also heres leather gloves of the ones steyin posted
    http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/product/B000VA9OZG?mnSBrand=core

13. Luchastyle is awesome

for fake guns i would say by airsoft gun. they shoot plastic bbs. they look enough like a real gun, and they sell them in all style for relatively cheap. i had a couple handguns a couple years back and i think they were 12 bucks each

14. Yurka Let The Games Begin!

I saw a gun on ebay that shot out the thing that says "bang", I should have bought it.

15. Luchastyle is awesome

damn. that would be cool. i always wanted one of those

16. SHADOWBAT69 outlaw

I made this gun afew weeks back to go with my Joker stuff.

[​IMG]

17. The Redux 714 Registered

Does that actually work? I've been trying to make one for a while, and I can't get teh flag to shoot out without firing all the way like a dart.

And to answer to questions above, i didn't want to risk screwing up my hair with anything. I may just dye it and tell my job to **** off.

18. SHADOWBAT69 outlaw

Its doesnt shoot, its a static piece, but it does its job.

If you want to do your hair green they do sell stuff that washed right out without any problems.

19. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Why? That should be the easiest part. Just dye it green.

Yep, that's the stuff I got.

20. The Redux 714 Registered

I got some of that, and a bottle of perma-clown green dye. I'm just a little concerned, that's all. New job that seems anal about hair color, and I don't wanna screw up one of the few things I actually like about myself.

Meh...we'll see, won't we...

21. gregchick1 Registered

[​IMG]

As you can see my costumes coming along.

You all got me thinking about hair. You can't tell, but my hair is pretty long, I think I can get the Heath hair-do going. My question is about color. I wasgonna buy that cheap green hair spray thing, does anyone have any experience w/it? I'd be willing to bleach my hair blonde and then put it in (will that make it show up better?). But I don't want to bleach my whole hair green though. Can we get a discussion goin on what the best hair option?

I will dye my pants this weekend, but still looking for gloves, sox, and a tie.....

22. Luchastyle is awesome

well greg, i would advise against the spray. you're building up a pretty nice costume here, it would be a shame to ruin it with sh-tty spray dye. i'd say bleach your hair. but don't leave the bleach in too long. but enough to lighten up the hair a bit. and you can streak it if you don't want it to be all blonde. then just green it up. that's the best advise i have for the hair.

23. Luchastyle is awesome

shooting like a dart can be a good thing. joker always shoots people with a poison dart from a "bang" gun.

24. The Redux 714 Registered

True...but a little plastic stick ain't gonna do much...

Eh, oh well...I'll try to get some pics up of my make-up and costume when I can.

25. Luchastyle is awesome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.