Joker Costume for Halloween

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Steyin, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacksparrow900 wing freak terrorizes

2. chrisshaw1988 A Saucerful of Secrets

Drools. Worth the money??

3. CelticPredator Registered

The best thing to do is to blend the white with the black. It'll create that "grey" effect. Same with the scars and stuff.

Also. if you add black IN the scar area, it'll make it pop. Regardless if you're wearing makeup or not. Also, use a sponge. It creates that 'dotty' look.

4. Ghostsoldier Registered

Damn, Jodo...you are looking sweet, bro!:woot:

Joker1...thanks for the info; I was wondering if it was melton wool, as that's what Heath's was made of....:cwink:
    Rob

5. Jodo "That Button Guy"

Thanks man! :woot: Now I realy can't wait to put on the war paint again. :hehe:

6. jacksparrow900 wing freak terrorizes

i don't know if anyone knew this but.

Q: How long does your makeup take?

Heath: About an hour and a half kind of thing. It's pretty quick. They've come up with a new technology for the mouthpiece, as the scars are made out of silicone, not prosthetics. And so they have free silicone stamps that they put on [gestures to his face] here, here, and here. My whole bottom lip is fake, essentially and they glue it on in [gestures to his lips] here, so it takes a half-hour to put those on. And then 20 minutes to a half an hour to paint the face.

7. chrisshaw1988 A Saucerful of Secrets

Probably 3 hours-ish, but thats because i dont have silicone appliances to speed things up as i have paint and render the scars on my face. Where did you find that info? I know all about the scars they used, but i didn't know Heath discussed anything about it on record. :yay:

8. Jodo "That Button Guy"

For me, it matters how many times I re-do it, LOL. Sometimes I'm just not happy with it, and I take most, or sometimes even all of it off and start over. I'm guessing, including scars, mabey about 2 hours or so. But I don't have scar appliances. So I'm not for sure how long it will take me in the future when I will have them. If I didn't watch TV and talk to evryone that's here while I did it, I could proboly be done a little bit faster, LOL.

9. NoTsOsErIoUs Registered

I don't know where to stick my pics anymore, seeing as it's not about Halloween. Maybe the thread title would be better off just being "Joker Costume" ?

These are some pics from a charity event yesterday. I think we raised quite a bit of money, although I'm not sure of the end total but the buckets were definitely full to bursting at the end of the day.
    I feel I've put a lot into this costume over the last year and a bit, and doing these events make me feel it was worth it.

Anyway enough blab, pics!

[​IMG]
    "You will give generously!"

[​IMG]
    "Aw c'mon, put'er there Batsy old pal........Ner!"

[​IMG]
    Joker: "Hello there"
    Kids: "We don't like you, your mean to Batman"

[​IMG]
    Joker: "How 'bout a magic trick?"
    Kids: " ! "

[​IMG]
    "Never fails...Ha ha ha!"

Sorted out my hair. Hated the experience, but I'm not a fan of hairdressers even at the best of times.
    Also added brown contact lenses. Only a little detail but I think it make a lot of difference. Took a while to get used to wearing them having never tried contacts before. My eyes started watering a bit after a while, but it makes the makeup run a little which is an added bonus!
    [​IMG]

#11759 NoTsOsErIoUs, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  10. Kelikala Registered

Jodo said I must post this since he got a sneek peek at it before anyone else... so here I am posting so I don't get my hind quarters beat with a stick if I don't. Just a little something I did in honor of the one year anniversary of TDK.

[​IMG]

I seriously need to get domestic and make myself a new vest. The one I have is annoying me to no end and it's really baggy. And no Jodo... you can't have my coat :oldrazz: Just like you, I'm still surprised as hell that I managed to snag it for $7.00 at Goodwill! LOL

11. ClownPrince79 The True Clown Prince!

For me it really depends on which variation I'm doing, but I have gotten Dow to about 20 mins for the Nurse Joker look.

12. Jodo "That Button Guy"

*smacks you with a stick for good measure* :hehe::oldrazz::cwink:

Glad to see you posted it out here! :woot: I'm hoping for a new coat myself soon, unfortunatly, it proboly won't cost $7.00! LOL!

13. Kelikala Registered

:hehe:

That will leave a mark!

Yeah, I decided to go on ahead and post it. Figured why not. Right now I'm really itching to put my Nurse Joker costume together since that is what I'm going out as for Halloween this year. Figured it would be good too if we can dress up for Halloween at college, since I'm taking nursing classes! LOL

The only thing I really wish I could change on my coat are the sleeves, they're just a fuzz too short and they're not wide enough. Well, I wish the coat had vents on the back and orange lining too, but I can't be too picky. I'm just happy I got a purple coat that I didn't pay an arm and a leg for!

14. jacksparrow900 wing freak terrorizes

this is the closest buttons i found for the coat
    [​IMG]

#11764 jacksparrow900, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  15. chrisshaw1988 A Saucerful of Secrets

The hair looks fantastic! It really gives your ensemble that little extra touch, as does the addition of contact lenses :) Do you have any more pictures from the event? I swear i've seen that Keaton impersonator at Memorabilia??????? Magnificent work mate!!

16. Ghostsoldier Registered

Nice find, jack. Where did you luck up on that? Any idea what sizes are available? The ones I found at JoAnn's for my coat are too small in diameter to suit me....
    Rob

17. Ghostsoldier Registered

That is CLASSIC!:woot:
    Rob

18. jacksparrow900 wing freak terrorizes

i'll tell everyone where i found the buttons once i get mine in just to make sure their the right size

19. Jodo "That Button Guy"

I got a new pair of shoes tonight, they're RJ Colt. They're not REALY accurate, but they'll do a good job for the price I paid, an incedible job realy...Not to mention when the girl asked we what they were for, she absoutly freaked out. I gave her some of my pictures, and she literaly ran around the store screaming. It freaked some customers out, LOL. She even offered me a job.

20. CelticPredator Registered

On Halloween, when I went into Wal-Mart, a few people really dug my costume...heck, one dude even gave me a joker card.

21. Kelikala Registered

LOL - wish I could have been there to see that!

I wouldn't mind getting a new pair of shoes myself. I'll have to stalk Goodwill and see if I can come up with anything. I do like my shoes that I have now, but I want something a little better. Well, something that won't kill my feet when I'm walking around for hours on end. Then again, since I'm going out as Nurse Joker this Halloween, I'll have comfy white clogs!

That reminds me Jodo, I should print out a few pictures of myself in costume to take along with me. Somehow Mr. J. always ends up popping up in conversation when I'm out and about, so it would actually be nice to show someone a picture of me in my costume instead of letting them try to imagine it. I can just picture everyone I talk to trying to imagine me dressed up as The Joker and laughing at the thought.

22. AlwaysSmiling Agent of Chaos

does anyone have experience with the utopiabase shirt? was thinking about getting it and dying it like some people hae done. im 14 so i cant get like magnoli's shirt and coat lol but i wish i could get my whole costume from there.

23. ClownPrince79 The True Clown Prince!

I have the utopiabase shirt and dyed it dark blue, it evens out to screen accuracy, go for it!

24. Ghostsoldier Registered

To the best of my photo-scaling abilities, the large buttons are 1.5", and the smaller ones are 5/8"....
    Rob

25. AlwaysSmiling Agent of Chaos

awesome. thanks clownprince.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.