Joker Costume for Halloween

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Steyin, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LegendaryCaleb Registered

The Costume that I bought is very disappointing but I'll work with it...The suit was the most disappointing part of the costume....Im getting my Green Vest soon and I got my makeup and green hair spray today...Everything looks great except the cheap blazerish crap I recieved today...

2. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Is that the animated series costume you bought, the one with that orange vest?

I bought a purple tie for my costume. After seeing Heath Ledger wearing a tie, I decided to get a tie, too. But, I made it purple to go with the suit, and contrast nicely with my green shirt.

3. LegendaryCaleb Registered

yes...i was tryin to save as much money as possible(im still just 16 so i cant afford alot)...imma make it work...
    ill post pics of this cool tie i found in my closet...heck ill show u the full costume in a week or so

4. Steyin Bidding you ADIEU!

I just picked up my makeup and hair spray today, tried on my suit last night and it was good. Just gotta wait for my tie and vest to come in and order my gloves tomorrow. I'll prob do a makeup test this week, so I'll post pics when I can.

5. LegendaryCaleb Registered

sweet...cant wait!

6. SpideyRamone Registered

apparently im pretty far behind.

Anyways today i ordered a head bust along with several pounds of clay and liquid latex.

basically im planning to make facial prostechics nose and chin and probably a slight forehead so i can have fake eyebrows.

I had considered going the Ledger route but i think id be better to wait until next year when the movies actually out and more recognizable.

also i admit i really like the idea that the latex will distort my features so much, hopefully i wont be recognizable.

Anyways is anyone else planning to go the old school joker route? with the long nose and chin and coat with tails?

its proving impossible to find a purple jacket with tails.. has anyone had any luck?

Ill post pictures at some point

7. gregchick1 Registered

Because I wish someone had done this for me, I'm gonna show you guys step-by-step how I made my Joker pants, then you can see my costume assembled so far!

[​IMG]

Here are the pants pre-dye. Cost me like $12 @ Wal-Mart, they fit real well so I was excited to see them come out.

[​IMG]

Here's a 5 gallon bucket a nice lady at work hooked me up with. You wanna fill this up w/3 gallons of steaming hot water, the hotter the better.

[​IMG]

This is the dye you use. I got it at Ben Franklins, and I used two of them. They're like $2.00/box, so its very cheap.

[​IMG]

Here is where I started. I did it in a bathtub to decrease the mess. I kept the bathtub filled a little with warm water to keep the bucket even warmer and to keep the cleanup easier. My bathtub does have a purple tint still, but it could have been worse. You'll need a close hanger or something to stir the pants in the tub every now and then.

[​IMG]

Here I am stirring it. Notice the latex gloves. They were only $2.00, and its a small price to pay for not having purple hands, definately make sure you grab some of these.

[​IMG]

Again, just make sure you stir it every few minutes. Some types I'd keep stirring it in a circle, take a rest when my arm started to hurt, and went back to it. It doesn't really matter as long as you stir it every few minutes in the least.

8. gregchick1 Registered

[​IMG]

I was going along and said to myself "why not make some purple socks?" I can't find any socks like Heath has in the leaked pic, so maybe I"ll just go with these. I tossed them in 5 minutes into the whole thing and they came out fine (pics @ the bottom).

[​IMG]

I kept them in the bucket, stirring now and again for a good 35 minutes. I'm told you only need half an hour but it doesn't really matter.

[​IMG]

I just thought it looked cool as the dye went down the drain...

[​IMG]

At this point I let it sit in the water to start draining out the dye. The goal now is to rinse the pants until the water runs clear, which will never happen. Just rinse it as much as you can..

[​IMG]

Here I am holding it up to the shower, letting the watter rinse it real well. I would squeeze the pants all over, clump it in a ball and squeeze, and just basically contort and twist it in as many ways as I could to get the dye out. Just do the best you can.

[​IMG]

This was after about 10 minutes of rinsing, and you can still see its running purple. At that point I gave up and figured, f* it, I'll just toss it in the dryer.

I put it in the dryer till it was damn near smoking, about 45min to an hour will probably do it.

9. gregchick1 Registered

[​IMG]

And here they are! I think they came out great! I wish they were a bit darker, but I'm fine with it. It's a great color and consistantly the same tint/shade all the way around. It looks perfect, like they were manufactured that way.

[​IMG]

Socks came out great too, I love how the color is different where the sewing/stich is different. I will probably end up using these barring any socks that I find that look like Heath's.

[​IMG]

Here's a pic of me with my whole costume as it stands now, I added the little gloves and obviously pants since the last time.

[​IMG]

This is alot better quality. Its really hard to take a good pic of yourself! But the pants are perfect! I don't have on my blue shirt (though I'm still looking for the 'perfect' blue, snakeskin like shirt like Heath wears). What do y'all think of the jacket? Is it too long or should I trim/hem it? I'm still debating. I'm gonna add some buttons so it buttons around my crotch area, but I"m still debating about trimming it..

[​IMG]

Here's a goofy pic I took. Again, I hope this helps someone out there! Please shout at me with some feedback. We've all still got 2 or 3 weeks till halloween so we can all improve our costumes! I plan on doing a 'dry run' of the makeup/hair tommorow, so look out for pics of that! Thanks for reading!!

10. Lunar_Wolf WTF face

^^^^Great tips man!!!

I saw a belt today with playing card for the buckle, I gotta get it.

11. SpideyRamone Registered

That is a great tip. Honestly i was a little iffy about dying clothes but it seems to have worked pretty well for you. so ill probably go that route. Also Rit Sells an Aubergine dye which is a much darker purple, similar to say an eggplant, that Ill probably go with.
    it looks like im going to have to make a jacket since finding a purple (or Aubergine haha) jacket with tails is no going very well at all.

also has anyone considered the shoe question?

for mine i have a pair of chelsea boots ive just had for a while anyways since they seem to fit, what about spats?

12. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

After seeing Mr.Clay's fan art pic, Im thinking of going as Joker dressed as a nurse just for the hell of it. :hyper:
    [​IMG]

13. Lunar_Wolf WTF face

Awesome art!!!

14. LegendaryCaleb Registered

make up check...
    http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/TDKJOKER/calebcup053.jpg
    (the white makeup is dead on...looks messy cuz i didnt spend time on it...but with time...should be almost exactly like heaths...)
    and as for the black eye make up...thats not what im using thats just an art pencil

gotta go get some lipstick...should look great in the end....also the green i bought for my hair is a lil light but still great...costume is 4/10...could be worse...imma work with it...gotta black underneath shirt...green vest should be great....the tie i found is pretty cool

and gregchick...everything looks amazing...great stuff man

15. Lunar_Wolf WTF face

16. gregchick1 Registered

great job dude! im gonna do a dry run on the makeup today, if it dont come out right I'll be coming to you!!

Greg

17. SpideyRamone Registered

couldnt you just i dont know use a ton of foundation of your face and get it nice and white? kinda like goth kids from the mid nineties?

18. Lunar_Wolf WTF face

I got my make-up in a magic job. White make-up can be hard to get on so but lots on your face.

I had no lip stick or make-up for the lips so I used fake blood:oldrazz:

19. SPIDERMAN117 Registered

20. Lunar_Wolf WTF face

Awesome job man.
    One thing I would do, which I didn't either, is white make-up on the ears.

21. SPIDERMAN117 Registered

yeah thats what im gona do it just i need someone to help me there and then onto my suit
    *question to anyone is a tan suit good to dye purple and should i keep my vest black or get a differant vest

22. Katsuro Registered

I've been meaning to go as Joker for Halloween for the last couple years, and this year I'm definatley doing it.

I had really, really long hair before, and didn't want to cut it just for the sake of a Halloween costume, but now my hair's about the same length as Heath's, so it's perfect. Finding the costume is hell, though.

I really cant bring myself to spend too much money on something I'll likely wear once. I figure i'll buy cheap stuff at Wal-Mart and dye it. The orange shirt is easy, and I can probably find a vest if I try. If I cant find a good suit, I do have a blueish/purplish jacket I can use.

I think i'll buy some make-up this week and do a dry run on what I have. Maybe i'll post some pics.

23. bstringer Resurrection

[​IMG]

me last year at Halloween. Obviously went for the Happy go lucky joker. this year im going to be darker, and scarier. Any suggestions on making the scars?!

24. bstringer Resurrection

25. LegendaryCaleb Registered

since theres gonna be so many jokers...u guys wanna have a vote on who has the best joker costume and makeup?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.