Joker Costume for Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I ran a quick make up test and threw on my costume (except the vest which comes Monday, and no green hair yet), so we go:

56549660582bd6ce09697f524d1049bc495bcb.jpg

5654974d8166bd731a9979635e90efe6a5d7e4.jpg

56549592d8a595cc50049b26443e69aff63965.jpg

565499a5f671191f100aaf0205ea291e365787.jpg

The stuff I used for the scarring was meh, but when it comes time to do the make up for real I'll spend a little more time on it. The color sucks on my camera, but incase anyone is wondering that shirt is the same shade of blue as Heath's.

Ok, I ran a quick make up test and threw on my costume (except the vest which comes Monday, and no green hair yet), so we go:

The stuff I used for the scarring was meh, but when it comes time to do the make up for real I'll spend a little more time on it. The color sucks on my camera, but incase anyone is wondering that shirt is the same shade of blue as Heath's.

I think we have the same tie and nearly identical shirt but mine is dark purple, our outifits look very similar.

56549660582bd6ce09697f524d1049bc495bcb.jpg

5654974d8166bd731a9979635e90efe6a5d7e4.jpg

56549592d8a595cc50049b26443e69aff63965.jpg

Awesome!!!

I bought my purple gloves yesterday!!!!:woot:

Is anyone down with opening a 2007 Best Joker/Batman Costume Thread and having ourselves a little contest.
if you are please pm me so i can get your names

I did a dry run of the makeup, let me know what you think.

CostumeMakeupPractice.jpg

This is w/my dark hair. I've decided I'm going to bleach my hair, but this is just using kool-aid and conditioner!!

CostumeMakeupPractice19.jpg

I used some fake skin thing for scars, but I won't be using them, they feel like they're gonna fall off.

CostumeMakeupPractice22.jpg

Here I am in all my glory. Again, I won't use that fake skin stuff next time.

CostumeMakeupPractice25.jpg

Does anyone have advice on the lipstick? I'm using grease makeup and when I try to put the lipstick over it it smudges, so I can't make a very clear line. I'm thinking of putting tape for the smile down, putting the makeup over that, then pulling the tape off and lipsticking that. WHATS YOUR TECHNIQUE TO DO LIPSTICK/WHITE MAKEUP? From one batfan to another, i need help. Thanks!

Greg

CostumeMakeupPractice51.jpg

PS this is how I did the hair color, 3 packs of sugar free koolaid and some conditioner. next time Ill need alot more kool aid and conditioner, but thought id share

I did a dry run of the makeup, let me know what you think.

CostumeMakeupPractice.jpg

This is w/my dark hair. I've decided I'm going to bleach my hair, but this is just using kool-aid and conditioner!!

CostumeMakeupPractice19.jpg

I used some fake skin thing for scars, but I won't be using them, they feel like they're gonna fall off.

CostumeMakeupPractice22.jpg

Here I am in all my glory. Again, I won't use that fake skin stuff next time.

CostumeMakeupPractice25.jpg

Does anyone have advice on the lipstick? I'm using grease makeup and when I try to put the lipstick over it it smudges, so I can't make a very clear line. I'm thinking of putting tape for the smile down, putting the makeup over that, then pulling the tape off and lipsticking that. WHATS YOUR TECHNIQUE TO DO LIPSTICK/WHITE MAKEUP? From one batfan to another, i need help. Thanks!

Greg

CostumeMakeupPractice51.jpg

PS this is how I did the hair color, 3 packs of sugar free koolaid and some conditioner. next time Ill need alot more kool aid and conditioner, but thought id share
well first i think you used too much black for your eyes,
and your hair looks thin, so dont put to much dye into it cause it looks like your scalp is green not your hair
other than that it looked pretty good.

oh ya you should dye your chest hair green to .lol

j

anyone have any tips on the hair? I've got natural black hair, so bleaching + dye, temporary colored hair spray or a wig are my only options. Does anyone know how effective those colored hair sprays are?

Greg:

I'd suggest putting the lipstick on first and applying the white make up around it, this was you can better blend the white into it. And less black around the eyes. I put my lipstick on over my white make up too and it came out a little pinker due to the white mixing with red.

Trapper:

I guess it depends on the spray. I use "star quality" spray, and it works pretty good. Two years ago I was Majin Vegeta and accidentally bought a can of yellow-green spray instead of yellow because the wrong cap was on the can. I have dark brown hair it came out pretty good regardless. I'm thinking I might mix the yellow and green sprays for my hair since it seems Heath's streaks or more yellow-greenish.

Here's a close up of my make-up:

568851cc6b31fd353b8c12d462d48ff62e5030.jpg

The white starts to rub off when touched after it dries, so I have to spread it quickly in two or three layers. You can also see how the lipstick is pinker over the white and scarring. I'll take a little longer next time to smooth out edges and whatnot, but overall I'm satisfied with how it all works.

the white looks amazing...and the lipstick before the face paint is a genius idea

Trapper:

I guess it depends on the spray. I use "star quality" spray, and it works pretty good. Two years ago I was Majin Vegeta and accidentally bought a can of yellow-green spray instead of yellow because the wrong cap was on the can. I have dark brown hair it came out pretty good regardless. I'm thinking I might mix the yellow and green sprays for my hair since it seems Heath's streaks or more yellow-greenish.

alright, thanks. :woot: I guess i'll pick up a couple of different brands of spray and test them out beforehand. If none look that great, I suppose i wouldn't mind getting my hair bleached and then adding some temporary green dye.

I like the way your makeup turned btw, looks great.

what can i use for painting my face in white?? i used aquarela but it's toxic!

hey steylin. i shop party city for my makeup to.lol

For my costume, I got the usual thirft store suit. I'm going to dye it purple sometime next weekend. I need a blue dress shirt, a green vest, purple gloves, a jester cane, the shoes, and multi colored socks. I'm asking all the girls at school for those nifty rainbow striped socks, it could work. I've got the make up (save for lipstick), a tie, and the suit. I need more info on temporary hair dye and how to make the make up look less solid and more like Heath's make up. I'm not revealing my costume until the 27th of the month. On that day, my friend is holding a halloween party and Im gonna crash it "Joker" style. Im also looking for Joker goons among my classmates.

I have a question about this Kool-Aid dye. i've read it can take a long time to naturally wear out, but is it possible to somehow get rid of it by the next day? Could I dye my hair Halloween morning and have it back to normal by work the next day? I heard something about using toothpaste, how does that work?

Also, the whole thing just seems wierd to me. Having Kool-Aid in your hair? Doesn't it smell or anything?

I have a question about this Kool-Aid dye. i've read it can take a long time to naturally wear out, but is it possible to somehow get rid of it by the next day? Could I dye my hair Halloween morning and have it back to normal by work the next day? I heard something about using toothpaste, how does that work?

Also, the whole thing just seems wierd to me. Having Kool-Aid in your hair? Doesn't it smell or anything?

yeah dude idk. it doesnt smell bad or anything, but im worried about it coming out too. ive heard the same rumor about using toothpaste but idk, im just gonna do it and maybe wear a ahat for a few days. if it doesnt work than ill just buzzcut. If you find out more lemme know.

Greg

the first thing on the list....do u guys think that could make the joker scars?
http://www.getspfx.com/Modeling Putty and Waxes.asp

also i did a makeup check and it looks awesome...the eyes arent overly black...they are like a smeared blackish gray like heaths

i aint sure
but they do sell "fx scars" at almost every halloween shop.

i have the ones that are ment to be used for slit wrist
but i think i have to cut them down a little bit

for my makeup, im going for the all messed up look. Im basing it off the closeup pic of jokers face that got leaked.

i aint sure
but they do sell "fx scars" at almost every halloween shop.

i have the ones that are ment to be used for slit wrist
but i think i have to cut them down a little bit
thanks for the help...imma check out this halloween store tomorrow (never been to it before...so hopefully its good)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"