Joker 'JOKER: FOLIE À DEUX' (Phillips and Phoenix return for the sequel) General News & Discussion Thread

Interesting. Never thought they'd bring her character back, but now I'm curious what role she'll play.

I’m pretty sure she’ll be a figment of his imagination along with his dead mother and maybe even Murray.

If Zazie Beetz is not Harley so what kind of role she can have? she will not be Arthur romantic interest anymore maybe Sophie truly is Harley? while Arthur imagine her as Gaga character Arthur already imagined fictional events with Sophie before i think the same thing can happen here i think it would be a good twist with Gaga Harley being a person created by Arthur mind

Last edited:
If Zazie Beetz is not Harley so what kind of role she can have? she will not be Arthur romantic interest anymore maybe Sophie truly is Harley? while Arthur imagine her as Gaga character Arthur already imagined fictional events with Sophie i think the same thing can happen here i think it would be a good twist with Gaga Harley being a person created by Arthur mind
Arthur daring to imagine a black girl as a white girl????? There's be rioting in the streets!!!!!!!!!

Arthur daring to imagine a black girl as a white girl????? There's be rioting in the streets!!!!!!!!!
Maybe Harley is a combination of the characters of Sophie and Arthur mother with Sophie being the romantic interest and his mother the madness part i think that by trying to remember them Arthur creates a new person who turns out to be his "partner" but she is not real i think it would be interesting if in the whole movie Arthur imagines things and you dont know whats real and whats not and the whole Batman franchise is the result of Arthur damaged mind its just a theory but sounds interesting

Maybe Harley is a combination of the characters of Sophie and Arthur mother with Sophie being the romantic interest and his mother the madness part i think that by trying to remember them Arthur creates a new person who turns out to be his "partner" but she is not real i think
That's actually a really interesting idea!

I kinda dont like how in the live action movies Joker apparently falls in love with Harley both Leto Joker and now potentially Phoenix Joker when in most comics Joker treats Harley very badly he dont care about her its practically a domestic abuse relationship if the first movie scared people because it was a movie for "Incels" imagine if they portray the relationship between Joker and Harley from the comics the media would explote

I would love to see the relationship between Joker and Harley play out onscreen as downright abusive and toxic as it is in the comics (or at least was, before Harley 'broke free'). Would WB have the guts to do that? I wonder.

I would love to see the relationship between Joker and Harley play out onscreen as downright abusive and toxic as it is in the comics (or at least was, before Harley 'broke free'). Would WB have the guts to do that? I wonder.
i dont think so Harley is a very popular mainstream character seeing her being abused and tortured will scare many people especially to Margot Robbie Harley fans i dont think the Joker Sequel will be too dark like the first movie we will see

The Batman Telltale games kind of explored that concept, didn't they?

I would like to see more of it, not gonna lie. The subversion would be interesting.

I imagined it being on the lines of The Singing Detective.

That budget includes Phoenix’s $20M salary, I’m sure Gaga is getting a similar amount especially if she’s probably gonna help write the songs, and Phillips is probably getting $10-20M.

I don't know how a movie's budget works in relation to actor pay, and I can only guess that Phoenix and Gaga might be quite expensive.
But since the film is apparently set in an asylum and we don't expect to see alien spaceships, I guess some of that money could mean some visually elaborate psychotic vision scenes, right?

EDIT : @Closerframe I hadn't seen your post. It makes sense, and it does add up some millions pretty quickly actually...

Im still shocked that Joker 2 would be a reality i honestly thought they were going to cancel it like Bat Girl it seemed that the Warner before Discovery did not like Joker too much i hope the Sequel its well made if its bad i will pretend only the first movie exist

Joker was a monumental financial success despite its controversy. Even Zaslav wouldn't be stupid enough to pull the plug on what could be an equally box office hit with the sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"