Joker 'JOKER: FOLIE À DEUX' (Phillips and Phoenix return for the sequel) General News & Discussion Thread

After the Joker movies are done i am interested in seeing a Two Face movie in Joker style a Two Face that does not have a disfigured face but a Harvey Dent that suffers from schizophrenia personality disorder and bipolarity the movie could be in the same Joker Universe or not i but i want to see Two Face just being Harvey Dent alter ego

California Film Tax Credits May Generate $915M In Production Spending – Deadline

The four big-budget films receiving the subsidies are:

• An untitled Netflix Productions project. With $107.7 million in qualified spending, it will receive an estimated $20,511,000 in tax credits.
The Thomas Crown Affair (MGM). With $87.9 million in qualified spending, it will receive an estimated $19,570,000 in tax credits.
Joker: Folie à Deux (Warner Bros.) With $98.7 million in qualified spending, it will receive an estimated $12,600,000 in tax credits.
Rebel Moon Part 2 (Netflix). With $83 million in qualified spending, it will receive an estimated $16,618,000 in tax credits.

I truly want Leigh Gill to return for the Sequel and become Gaggy or a equivalent of that character
EGboCdHXoAAO-ao.jpg

gaggy-sidekick-joker.jpg

images

That's where I thought they were going with his character in the first film. :up: I suppose they could still do it. Have him be the adopted love child in the Joker and Harley's twisted little family.

The leaked plot synopsis makes this film sound very…unpleasant.

I find most of the details in that leaked script questionable.

100% convinced it's fake, so I wouldn't take it seriously.

Unexpected casting choice, but I'm all for it. Mad Eye Moody and Phoenix's Joker together at least. :hehe:

I mean, considering the "leaks" said Gaga wasn't playing Harley and that was confirmed as fake, I'm pretty sure that "leak" was BS. Also, it's confirmed the movie is set in Arkham.
Gaga’s character isn’t named in the script but it’s clear who she is. I guess they never outright say the name because the studio wants to preserve the relationship with Margot Robbie.

That’s if the script is even real.

Once again, it's not real. The person who 'shared' it was directly adamant about Gaga not being Harley in this movie and an entirely original character that Arthur has a rivalry with. They have no credibility whatsoever after what little has been officially revealed about this movie.

Once again, it's not real. The person who 'shared' it was directly adamant about Gaga not being Harley in this movie and an entirely original character that Arthur has a rivalry with. They have no credibility whatsoever after what little has been officially revealed about this movie.
The website that revealed the script synopsis is very reliable and Phillips is an edge lord so I’m not convinced it’s fake.

Pretty sure no one had even heard of this website before this supposed leak, but you do you I guess. If you don't at least buy that Gaga is playing Harley, don't be surprised when more information/photos come out that prove what everyone already knows. :shrug:

The website covers Oscar movies so of course they’re not as well known. Also, Phillips has a history of destroying sequels to hit films already.

The first movie was wannabe Scorsese, the next film being wannabe Kubrick isn’t a stretch.

The website covers Oscar movies so of course they’re not as well known. Also, Phillips has a history of destroying sequels to hit films already.

The first movie was wannabe Scorsese, the next film being wannabe Kubrick isn’t a stretch.
And I suppose you're personally shooting for wannabe Ebert or?

When you've already made up your mind on how the movie is going to turn out without seeing any footage or absorbing any actual information about the film first (which is very little at this point), going off on questionable assumptions from a site barely anyone knows and has not reported anything DC related until now is confirmation bias and not at all an objective viewpoint.

And while I agree that Phillips could theoretically go the more violent route taking Hangovers 2 and 3 into account, I don't think it would be this far; heck, I don't think WBD would even allow him to include some of these graphic shock value sequences. Again, none of this has been confirmed nor is set in stone, emc, yet you're choosing to believe that it is because you disliked the first one and are biased against it.

When you've already made up your mind on how the movie is going to turn out without seeing any footage or absorbing any actual information about the film first (which is very little at this point), going off on questionable assumptions from a site barely anyone knows and has not reported anything DC related until now is confirmation bias and not at all an objective viewpoint.

And while I agree that Phillips could theoretically go the more violent route taking Hangovers 2 and 3 into account, I don't think it would be this far; heck, I don't think WBD would even allow him to include some of these graphic shock value sequences. Again, none of this has been confirmed nor is set in stone, emc, yet you're choosing to believe that it is because you disliked the first one and are biased against it.
I saw in many news (Deadline) that the Production Weekly plot said:
"The movie follows Harleen Quinzel, a psychologist that falls in love with her patient, Arthur Fleck"

Welcome aboard Mr Gleeson, can't wait to see more of the ensemble.

I read a run down of that script and my opinion is....no way it's real for a number of reasons. I don't think Gaga would sign up to it as she seems to be very protective of her image. While I can see her musical numbers being absolutely not what we're used to with her, it doesn't take a genius to guess that.

Secondly I don't think WBD would greenlight such a script. Again it would be a mistake to expect this to be La La Land, but this is going to the other end of the extreme. It doesn't fit their idea for DC, standalone or otherwise, and if the publicity from this can be bad enough the disaster would reach far and wide.

And lastly, as a fan of the first film....I'd be disappointed if they went this shock value route, with scenes in this day and age that just aren't going to fly. Perhaps he doesn't deserve it but I'd give Phillips more credit than that, and I'd certainly give Phoenix and Gaga more credit than that. I'm really routing for them to deliver a film in spirit of the first but will knock the socks off the doubters, not antagonise them further.

I am sure Gaga being Harley would be a mistery until the movie release i think they will want us to discover if she is truly Harley or not with watching the movie that will be the surprise

It's not realistically feasible to keep her character's identity a secret from marketing, not in the slightest. Plus, it would be pointless, and why would they want to? One of the main appeals of this movie is seeing her play a live-action Harley that's different from Margot Robbie's in presumably being a much darker take.

if Gaga is truly Harley i am sure she would play the best Live Action version of the character maybe we can get a Harley Gaga movie in the future i understand why they wanted to use Harley since her is a popular character and is very related to the Joker i truly hope she is the Harley from Joker universe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"