Joker 'JOKER: FOLIE À DEUX' (Phillips and Phoenix return for the sequel) General News & Discussion Thread

I want the Joker movies to be a Trilogy save Batman for a Third movie
if the Batman universe can have his own version of Joker why the Joker universe cant have his own version of Batman? much part of the first movie was about Arthur being possibly Thomas Wayne son and Bruce brother in this universe the Joker should be Batman brother and let them confront each other for the last movie i dont think is a good idea to end Arthur story without solve the question if he is Thomas Wayne son or not i think Thomas was lying and Arthur was truly his son they can expand this story with the Sequels

I really like the cast so far. I hope this movie lives up to my high expectations. The first film was one of my favorite theater experiences ever.

I’m hoping for some more characters from the comics, but I’m sure this will take a ton of liberties from the comics.

I have literally no idea who Jacob Lofland is! But yay!

...oh wait, I recognize this guy. He had a really small part in Free State of Jones.

The source said that he plays an inmate at Arkham that has a special relationship with Arthur. I wonder which character it is.

Weirdly enough, looks-wise he could kind of pass for a younger version of Joaquin Phoenix.

could be both... maybe he see's/talks too a younger version of himself in Arkham (not realizing that it is all just in his head, and doesn't even recognizes/acknowledge that it's himself anymore, cause he see's himself as a completely different person now)

Nice that Lofland gets some attention. He's as talented as his former co-star Tye Sheridan but he hasn't got the same kind of career.

So it's a Harley Quinn movie.

Makes the title a bit odd then.

We’ll see if that’s the case, but it would be interesting that if this is indeed from Quinn’s perspective, what Arthur looks like in her eyes. I would love if there are distinct visuals and at the end of it, she realizes he doesn’t give a crap about her.

I’m really hoping Gleason is Hugo Strange, Amadeus Arkham, Quincy Sharp, or some amalgamation of any or all of the three. He’s probably playing an original character though.

Last edited:
I mean, I always figured this was most likely going to be told from Harley's perspective, so it's not really surprising if true.

The movie is set at Arkham Asylum. Lady Gaga’s Harley Quinn is the lead character and the entire film is told from her perspective. In her delusions, her life is a Hollywood musical in which she is the star. She views Arthur Fleck as a kindred spirit and idealizes him as her romantic pairing in the musical of her delusions.
From IndieWire.

If Phoenix and Gaga look like this in the movie im sold

FZrLikdVsAAoJMO

Efq9F3qXsAAaSRl.jpg
joker-x-harley-quin-i2-540x960.jpg

I like that first one. Feels very Ledger Joker-esque.

Yeah, I don’t think she’ll look that put together in reality. Of course, with her delusions, she’ll probably have a range of costumes and so will Arthur.

We are literally going to wait 2 and a half years for this movie October 2024 feels a little long i think the vision of the movie could change during these 2 years i wonder if this movie will come out during the same year as The Batman 2 or a year before?

I don’t see it happening, but Lyle Bolton being one of the more aggressive Arkham guards would be fun.

594428CB-EAA8-4A4D-8D68-0E9DE36BA738.jpeg

Looks like Joker 2 will now compete against Deadpool 3
Deadpool 3 will be released in September 2024 a month before Joker 2
i feel that Joker 2 will have to show us more interesting things to compete against Deadpool

Deadpool 2 was dogsh**, but 3 just became my most hyped MCU film. Joker and DP3 are going to have similar audiences, both being R-rated superhero projects. They should stay out of each other’s way.

Looks like Joker 2 will now compete against Deadpool 3
Deadpool 3 will be released in September 2024 a month before Joker 2
i feel that Joker 2 will have to show us more interesting things to compete against Deadpool

Joker grossed more than any X-Men film ever, and more than both Deadpools.

It also was nominated for 11 Oscars.

The sequel stars Lady Gaga.

I think you have it backwards about which movie should be worried…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"