Joker's Death 1989

Mutagen

Quietly Infectious User
Reaction score
When the Joker falls to his death, and the police surround him, there is a weird laugh coming from the Joker, Gordon looks in the Joker's pocket to find a bag. Is the bag laughing? What is the purpose of it? I've looked all over the place and it's annoying to not know what that thing was.

It's a laughing bag which is an old prank toy. You can buy them at any magic or gag shop along with whoopie cushions, hand buzzers, and squirting flowers.

Check it out

http://www.thegag.com/bt-0040.html

That Joker is such a cut-up. :)

i used to (and probably still will since i havent seen it in a long time) get chills when i heard that laugh from the laughing bag.

haha yea that laugh stays with you forever.
its hilarious , even after he was dead he was still
laughing at them...

When the Joker falls to his death, and the police surround him, there is a weird laugh coming from the Joker, Gordon looks in the Joker's pocket to find a bag. Is the bag laughing? What is the purpose of it? I've looked all over the place and it's annoying to not know what that thing was.

Yes, it's a laughing bag. That little scene is quite literally, "The Joker gets the last laugh."

a-a-a-a-A-a-a-a. a-a-a-a-A-a-a-a. a-a-a-a-A-a-a-a.

Always makes me lol :joker:

Oh man. With the TDK coming, more questions about the Burton movie will arrive, too.

yeah I always wondered what it was though it was kind of chilling with him just looking at you and laughing.

I love that laughing bag. So creepy listening to it as the camera zoomed into Joker's dead frozen smiling face.

I like that bag too. That is until it wouldn't stop. It was a little too annoying with listening to it nonstop like for like 30 seconds. :p

I think that is the point. Even in death he is laughing at them. He gets the last laugh and in his own weird way won by just ****ing Gotham up royally and going out with a bang. He is that ****ing crazy.

The Joker should not have been killed in that movie. That's where the movies from that era got things wrong. They wanted to have the Die Hard type endings the typical 1980s era action movie endings where the villains die in a big way at the end. Things could have been ended way differently.

^Yeah, well, maybe Harvey Dent shouldn't have been killed in The Dark Knight either.

The Joker should not have been killed in that movie. That's where the movies from that era got things wrong. They wanted to have the Die Hard type endings the typical 1980s era action movie endings where the villains die in a big way at the end. Things could have been ended way differently.

I saw Batman at the cinema and I was surprised even then that they killed Joker off.

^Yeah, well, maybe Harvey Dent shouldn't have been killed in The Dark Knight either.

Right? People say one of the things the Burton/Schumacher movies got wrong that Nolan got right is killing off villains. I mean, killing off four villains in three movies is actually a worse track record than the 90s movies. And it's not as if there was much point to keeping the villains alive in the Nolan movies since it was clear that it was never meant to be a long, ongoing series where most of them would come back in future sequels. The only villain that recurred was Scarecrow, and his returns never amounted to much more than cameos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"