Jon Bernthal IS Frank Castle / The Punisher! - Part 1

Discussion in 'Daredevil' started by Thread Manager, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]500225[/split]

2. BatsDC

BatsDC Side-Kicker

[​IMG]

Source

3. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

Awesome new pics, really can't wait for this version of The Punisher, I know I keep saying it but Bernthal is such good casting!

4. TX85

TX85 Well-Known Member

Fantastic new pics!

5. Visualiza

Visualiza Jimmy Scrambles

Regarding the recent news, I was under the impression that a Punisher series was already confirmed, but apparently that isn't the case.

6. pixen

pixen Well-Known Member

Not at all. Nothing was ever confirmed. Just some websites running stories that weren't true and fans running with it like it was 100% confirmed. I'm happy to hear that it's not happening right now as I don't want the second season of DD to be one long backdoor pilot for a Punisher series.

7. Visualiza

Visualiza Jimmy Scrambles

Yeah, I see that now, and I'm usually better about differentiating between the rumor mill and official news, but this one got away from me. Better to wait and see, anyway; the jury's still out on whether or not Bernthal delivers the goods. I like what I've seen thus far, though.

8. pixen

pixen Well-Known Member

I understand why it happened. Come Thursday, I might be doing the same for Elektra...

9. MurkeNyou

MurkeNyou Well-Known Member

I am officially worried that they are Punisher 1989-ing us with Frank Castle in this show. I don't think Frank will get an actual costume, and they are just gonna have the Shane-guy run around in civvys. Marvel is again apparently showing misplaced fear in adopting the source material.

10. Pokkle

Pokkle Well-Known Member

There's clearly white on his shirt here:
    [​IMG]

11. pixen

pixen Well-Known Member

The only thing missing is the skull. Will it come by the end of the season? Maybe. At least you have an actor who not only loves and understands the character, they actually bring that character to life in the show. Patience is a good quality to have.

12. LGU

LGU Member

You can pretty clearly see the skull underneath the sniper rifle in trailer two IMHO.

[​IMG]

Combine that with the top bit in the promo image above... he's definitely getting the skull, along with the Ennis/Dillon-style leather jacket look, during the series.

Cheers.

13. MurkeNyou

Guys, it's light reflecting on the plain black shirt, you can see pics of him in the same scene in other shots, no skull. I really hope I am wrong, but I wasn't about other Marvel tv adoptions screwing up the characters looks. Hell, we didn't even see Matt actually wearing a real costume till the last quarter of the final episode of the first season.

I don't get with Disney owning them, why budgets are this much of an issue. If you can't properly dress your characters, it's time to ask the bankrollers for more money to do it right. Otherwise, you get a Fantastic Four instead of a Deadpool.

14. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Well-Known Member

I don't think castle not wearing a skull tshirt is anything to do with budgeting issues. And you are making assumptions that he wont wear a skull at all. 100% he will. There is a giant skull on the dd poster. They are not going to reveal the skull in the trailer just as they didn't show dd's costume because it will spoil the suprise and lose all anticipation.

15. pixen

pixen Well-Known Member

Just like they don't reveal Elektra's final outfit. It's more rewarding waiting to see it and watch why it happened instead of getting a clear glimpse in a 2 second shot from a trailer.

16. MurkeNyou

We know the Frank Castle is in this. Why wouldn't they promote the show with him as he is popularly known (with a big white deaths head on his chest)? There isn't a surprise here, it just comes off as cheap and lame. I don't believe there is 100% certainty we will see him in his proper costume at this point. Because, why wouldn't they be using it to promote the show? A skull floating in a poster is not the same as a character wearing it like they should. I've lived long enough to see Marvel screw up enough not to have too much faith in them adopting characters properly.

17. pixen

pixen Well-Known Member

Adapting... But maybe you should wait till the show is out till you start making assumptions. There might be a reason as to why they aren't using the skull shirt for promotional material right now. Just like the first season, when they didn't show Daredevil's red outfit till after the show premiered.

18. Da-Scribe

Da-Scribe <-- Me

The number of times they've hinted at the skull in the marketing and someone is actually worried it won't appear. Goodness lol.

19. SoNicRaDiATioN

SoNicRaDiATioN Well-Known Member

Yeah, but consider that trolls apparent lack of IQ. Joke.

20. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

It's a valid concern.

21. BrollySupersj

BrollySupersj Fantastic spider powers

If Daredevil can get an outfit that largely resembles the comic, I'm sure they can give Castle a a mere trenchcoat and white skull.

22. TheVileOne

And white boots and gloves ;) .

Loving Jon Bernthal's Punisher so far. He freaking nailed it!

23. Punisher_MAX

Punisher_MAX Ol' Painless

Looking forward to your review you said you'd post tonight, I really want to read your thoughts on Frank and his portrayal on the show.

24. TheVileOne

Bernthal's Punisher is unapologetic, which I really liked. He's more than just a gun-toting vigilante. He's something more...different.

He's not a man anymore either. There are parts of humanity, but they are the remnants of a person who is long gone.

25. Punisher_MAX

Punisher_MAX Ol' Painless

what comic version would you say he is more like? I imagine he's not at his MAX level of detachment.