Daredevil Jon Bernthal IS Frank Castle / The Punisher!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatsDC

Side-Kicker
Reaction score
CHFanM5WwAE5xBX.jpg

Jon Bernthal (“Wolf of Wall Street,” “The Walking Dead, ” “Fury”) joins the upcoming season of “Marvel’s Daredevil,” streaming only on Netflix in 2016!

Bernthal will portray The Punisher, one of Marvel’s most popular characters. He is a vigilante who aims to clean up New York City’s Hell’s Kitchen by any means necessary, no matter how lethal the results.

“Jon Bernthal brings an unmatched intensity to every role he takes on, with a potent blend of power, motivation and vulnerability that will connect with audiences,” said Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s Head of Television. “Castle’s appearance will bring dramatic changes to the world of Matt Murdock and nothing will be the same.”

Bernthal will also appear in the upcoming action thriller “The Accountant.”

“Marvel's Daredevil” is Executive Produced by Doug Petrie (“American Horror Story,” “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”), Marco Ramirez (“Marvel’s Daredevil,” “DaVinci’s Demons”) and Drew Goddard ("Cabin in the Woods," "Lost"), along with Marvel TV's Jeph Loeb ("Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," "Marvel’s Jessica Jones.”)

"Marvel's Daredevil" is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios. Season one of “Marvel’s Daredevil” is now streaming on Netflix.

Blinded as a young boy but imbued with extraordinary senses, Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) fights against injustice by day as a lawyer, and by night as the Super Hero “Daredevil” in modern day Hell's Kitchen, New York City. "Marvel's Daredevil" stars Charlie Cox, Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson and Rosario Dawson.

Source

Last edited:
My inner (and outer) white girl can't even right now. Love this casting!

Ohhh snap

I saw this dude at a burger joint in LA once
and I can confirm he is just as frightening looking IRL as he was on Walking Dead

now, think they can cg out his ears?? lol

Last edited:
He's going to kill it. :woo::jd:

You see, because he's the Punisher. :crso:

booooooo those jokes

My inner fanboy is unleashed.

That's one off on my fan casts!

jon_bernthal_the_punisher.jpg

I love that logo. Oh wow this is going to be amazing

I think he's going to have a pretty big role in this season

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAHHHHHHHHH BABY!!!

This is awesome! I never though of Bernthal for this role before but he's perfect. This is going to be so good.

Jon Bernthal ‏@jonnybernthal 5 minutes ago

Thanks for the love yall. Let's get it. Honored.
CHFdZadXEAIf0b5.jpg

:djs:

He wasen't my first, second or third choice. But... He usually gives a hundred percent. So. :up:

Now it's up to the showrunners to make sure the character is done right.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First...I totally said a few days ago saying that Punisher should show up in Daredevil season 2.

And that casting!! Fuuuuuuuuuuhhhh!!! It's so good. :)

Hopefully his appearance in season 2 spins off to his own show on Netflix!

What an absolutely perfect choice that I never would have thought of. Bernthal is a great actor and he's going to completely nail it as the Punisher. So hyped!

Love this casting! I think I fancast him somewhere on this board before. So much awesome to this.

Damn right.

YOURE G**DAMN RIGHT

He was my first choice. Yes :up:

Fantastic casting! I can totally see him as Frank Castle.

So Norman Reedus has voiced the Punisher and now Jon is going to play him in real life.

Hopefully a movie or his own series gets spun off this. And I hope he gets more than one episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"