Daredevil Jon Bernthal IS Frank Castle / The Punisher!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullseye has gotta be in this. I wanna see him done right. Besides, DD, Punisher, Elektra, and Bullseye would just be a perfect set of characters.

There weren't any Mr. Fear screentests. There were, however, screentests for a man (I think the codename was "Laurence" or something) who did Fisk's bidding. That could have been Wesley.

Also the Elektra screentests (dubbed "Elise") were completely legit.

Ahh, ok. My bad. I didn't see the Elektra ones and only heard of previous screen tests being mentioned and it being for "Mr. Fear". Happy to be proven wrong on this though ;)

It's a show though. 13 hour long episodes is plenty of time to establish the different characters.

Not always. It depends on the story that they're telling and where Castle fits in. Bullseye and Castle's characters are so big to themselves and how they would effect Murdock they really deserve separate seasons to tell their stories. Bullseye is a main antagonist in the same way Punisher can be. Or they managed to find a way to fit both of them in and provided and nice character contrast, who knows. We don't know right now.

I just think since they announced Punisher, who's such a big character in and of itself first, that means he's going to play a big role. You'd think Bullseye would have been announced first if he was going to play a big part. Or he's going to be announced next. But both are equally valuable. As of now I'm more inclined to believe this is more of a Castle focused season as of now based on the fact he was announced first.

Awesome, season 2 of Daredevil just keeps getting better and better.

I don't really know him, but he definitely looks the part, more so than any other actor who has played the role.

Just imagine... Open the season with Gladiator. Then Bullseye shows up, hired by Fisk from the inside, to kill his opponents, to prepare for his release. Punisher shows up to kill Bullseye, Matt won't let him. Meanwhile, Leland's son, Lee Owlsley, is taking over crime in the city, allying with the Hand, who are making their move on Hells Kitchen... With Elektra at their lead. Everything comes crashing together towards the end of the season. Would be glorious...

:applaud Shane is the Punisher! The casting has been on point for this series.

Just imagine... Open the season with Gladiator. Then Bullseye shows up, hired by Fisk from the inside, to kill his opponents, to prepare for his release. Punisher shows up to kill Bullseye, Matt won't let him. Meanwhile, Leland's son, Lee Owlsley, is taking over crime in the city, allying with the Hand, who are making their move on Hells Kitchen... With Elektra at their lead. Everything comes crashing together towards the end of the season. Would be glorious...

:hmr:

gif-happy-dance.gif

Seems ironic that in another thread I have just been bashing Marvel, but credit where it's due, this is AMAZING casting. Bernthal is a really good actor and can play a damn good psycho, which Frank definitely is. I actually think this could be Marvel's best casting yet, that's how good I think he will be in the role.

I hadn't even thought of him for this or any other comic role....but now that I hear it, it fits good. He brings intensity to every role.

Frank Castle/Punisher being part of the MCU now by being involved in the Daredevil show is fantastic and perfect. The casting is awesome too and so that's a double win!

Perfect casting. This guy's incredible.

Now that we're getting the MCU versions of both Daredevil and the Punisher, and hopefully Elektra too, I hope that Ghost Rider won't be too far behind eventually. I thought that Punisher might end up languishing in the MCU vaults gathering dust.

I remember when some people were either suggesting or thought that Milo Ventimiglia might be the MCU Punisher. He's actually only a year younger than Bernthal, but Bernthal looks older and far more grizzled, and therefore more appropriate.

What do people think of his casting compared to every other actor who has played the Punisher? And how do you think Bernthal will do? How would you rate the other big screen Punishers?

They have to bring in Moon Knight at some point. Maybe not in his own show (which he deserves) but perhaps in one of the other shows. I can see him fitting into Iron Fist.

They have to bring in Moon Knight at some point. Maybe not in his own show (which he deserves) but perhaps in one of the other shows. I can see him fitting into Iron Fist.
I've been clamoring for this for years. If it ever happens... :hmr:

What do people think of his casting compared to every other actor who has played the Punisher? And how do you think Bernthal will do? How would you rate the other big screen Punishers?

I will be honest, when Tom Jane and Ray Stevenson were casti wasn't sold,but both so me over, despite the latter being in a poor movie. This just seems perfect from the start though to me. I can't imagine Bernthal being anything but brilliant in the role.

I've been clamoring for this for years. If it ever happens... :hmr:

And unlike just three years ago, it now may be possible. I love how this whole other side of the Marvel Universe is finally getting the exposure it deserves. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Punisher... Moon Knight, Blade and Ghost Rider must be on their way

And unlike just three years ago, it now may be possible. I love how this whole other side of the Marvel Universe is finally getting the exposure it deserves. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Punisher... Moon Knight, Blade and Ghost Rider must be on their way

I am only 9 episodes into DD, but I watch AOS and have finished Agent Carter and I think I may just prefer the TV marvel stuff over most of the movie stuff. The more I think about this casting the more perfect it seems.

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"