Daredevil Jon Bernthal IS Frank Castle / The Punisher!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the still keeping the former army veteran elements for the show? I was thinknig they might've discarded it because Vietnam was a long time ago, but then again you could use the Iraq War.

Are the still keeping the former army veteran elements for the show? I was thinknig they might've discarded it because Vietnam was a long time ago, but then again you could use the Iraq War.

Afghanistan? Have him be special forces. The SAS have been everywhere Yemen, Syria, Nigeria, Kenya, S America the last few years. I'm sure American special forces have been with them.

Jon Bernthal said he brought the war home with him so he is most likely still a veteran. I imagine he probably fought in Afghanistan and Iraq. They may of had him involved in other operations.

In the comics Frank is a Marine who also received training from the Airborne School and U.S. Navy SEALs. He was also involved in cross-training with the Australian Special Air Service Regiment.

Last edited:
No doubt Bernthal's peformance as The Punisher will make me wanna put down the money for this.

Mezco-One12-Marvel-016_zpseajtdq1b.jpg

God that looks awesome, 7 inch scale figure with cloth materials and accessories.

Is that Mezco? I actually like that take on the skull a lot... that's awesome.

It's not bad as a statue I doubt they'll go with something that flashy and big with regards to the skull though for Jon's take.

Well, I just hope the costume designers don't go overboard making the armor rigid, bulletproof materials are generally are textile/ soft. Plate armor is pretty dated. Hell, if it wasn't for the Punisher, I wouldn't even know what Kevlar is.

So looks like Bernthal is bringing the psychotic hard in the new trailer. Love it.

he's definitely bringing the intensity, the shot of him sitting in front of the carousel was pretty chilling.

He looks amazing. I was pumped beyond belief when his casting was announced, and he's already surpassed my expectations in 2 minutes of footage. This is going to be f***ing amazing.

I loved his bloody cold stare.
tumblr_o2liwg0qEM1r5rk9to1_400.gif

Last edited:
I need Bernthal to either get his own Punisher series or get his own flick.

I need Bernthal to either get his own Punisher series or get his own flick.

Series is the most likely scenario and it makes sense. Thrwoing 40-60 millions in a Punisher flick doesn't make much sense, he uses zero CGI and he is extremely grounded, so is his rogue gallery. A show allows more freedom and content. If it was Ghost Rider i would prefer a film.

For Punisher i go series all the way and Marvel seems to agree. The site that reported the Punisher show thing is really reliable.

Looked intense in the trailer, looks like this guy might nail it.

yesss I think this might be the Punisher we've all been waiting for. Thomas Jane was great IMO. But Bernthal looks just like Frank and from the footage he looks like he's bringing it. He looks like a cold, emotionless killer.

Those two minutes already prove they nailed the character including his outlook and motivations.

Wish they could have had the skull on him.

That thousand yard stare nailed it. He gets that look in the books sometimes, where he's just not even altogether there and is just hellbent on doing whatever.

People need to relax and be patient. Seems like the character is going to be great so no need to freak out about the lack of a skull in the first full trailer.

I'm so, so happy that the psychological depth of Castle is going to be explored. The movies just didn't do it was well as it should be done.

That thousand yard stare nailed it. He gets that look in the books sometimes, where he's just not even altogether there and is just hellbent on doing whatever.

yes that thousand yard stare was why i was pumped to hear Bernthal had been cast I saw it all the time on Walking Dead. All I needed was to see if he could pull Frank's cold, silent, dark demeanor and from this trailer I think he does!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"