Sequels Jon Favreau to produce future Avengers films

With Favreau's continued involvement and Whedon's recent comments, can we put to rest the longstanding claim that Feige and company hate directors? Favreau, Branagh, Whedon, Johnston, Gunn, the Russos, Black and Reed have all been very positive about their MCU experience, with Taylor and perhaps Leterrier the only holdouts.

We may be down to "Yeah, but their villains suck!"

Well the villain thing is still an issue, at least outside of Netflix.

I mean Avengers was basically Whedon's opportunity to hit the big time. Iron Man was a lot like that too for Favreau.

It seems that whatever fences were broken with Favreau were mended a long time ago since he came back for Iron Man 3 and was allowed on set for Avengers. Plus Favreau seems to have a good relationship with Disney as well.

IMHO a lot of mistakes were made with Ant-Man, not all of which were all Marvel's fault.

I think Marvel has seemed to have nurtured and fostered directing talent very well. Look at James Gunn with Guardians of the Galaxy. He'd done some big projects before then, but that was really his big break. Same thing with Russo Bros. Their one feature before Winter Soldier was You Me and Dupree of all things. I mean how you go from that to Winter Soldier is mind-boggling to me. On paper, that shouldn't work.

Now I don't know if Shane Black had a bad experience on Iron Man 3 or not, but it seems like it wasn't all negative. At the same time, I wonder if Shane Black's stories and comments aren't veiled ways of saying how he truly thinks and feels.

For better or worse, Kevin Feige is the architect of this whole thing and that's really important.

With Favreau's continued involvement and Whedon's recent comments, can we put to rest the longstanding claim that Feige and company hate directors? Favreau, Branagh, Whedon, Johnston, Gunn, the Russos, Black and Reed have all been very positive about their MCU experience, with Taylor and perhaps Leterrier the only holdouts.

We may be down to "Yeah, but their villains suck!"

You're forgetting Norton and Howard and Jenkins.

"Jon Favreau going back to Marvel"? He never really left. Apart from directing IM 1 and 2, he's been an executive producer on all of the Iron Man and Avengers films so far.

Yeah, but remember, his Role as Executive Producer of Marvel's The Avengers and Marvel's Avengers :Age of Ultron were merely minor aside from being a major part in Iron Man's MCU Solos because of frictions with Ike Perlmutter at the time.

With Disney's The Jungle Book doing so well, and with Marvel Studios breaking away from Marvel Entertainment to become a full part of the Walt Disney Studios, basically severing any ties to Ike, this is basically the first time Kevin Fiege and Marvel Studios can come out and proudly state that the director of the MCU's first Solo Film Series that launched the Cinematic Universe is teaming up with their best directing duo for Marvel's Avengers Infinity War, Marvel's Avengers 4 and other future Avengers films as they no longer have to deal with Ike's hatred for their directors due to Ike's frugalism.

So in reality this is them coming out of the closet as a way of saying that they love all of their directors' work so far and that they can proudly say that their best non-russo brothers Director is acting as Executive Producer with a larger role than for Avengers and Avengers Age of Ultron for Infinity war, Avengers 4 and other future Avengers films.

We know IM4 wasn't gonna be his last.

I'm not sure what other 'major' characters are left, that Favreau would consider to be in his wheelhouse. He has remarked in the past that Iron Man was one of the characters that he could wrap his head around with the main hero's gimmick being based in advanced technology. He all but admitted that he wouldn't have been a good fit for Thor or Hulk.

So who's left in the canon that Marvel Studios is prioritizing?

What do you do for Iron Man 4 though?

Once the world is put back together post-A4, maybe they can revisit the real Mandarin. They kind of dropped that on us in a one-shot and then left it alone. Let him close the loop on Mandarin. Alternatively, what about the Wrecking Crew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"