Jon Favreau's Lion King CONFIRMED

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $541,281,146 32.9%
+ Foreign: $1,104,712,348 67.1%
= Worldwide: $1,645,993,494

Will add a couple of millions more.

Last edited:
Elton John calls the movie a "huge disappointment" because they "messed up the music"

Elton John says Lion King remake was a "huge disappointment"

“Music was so much a part of the original and the music in the current film didn’t have the same impact. The magic and joy were lost. The soundtrack hasn’t had nearly the same impact in the charts that it had 25 years ago, when it was the bestselling album of the year,” said John.

.....he came back and worked on the music.

The movie could have been better, but frankly Elton John talks smack about everything.

It also had the exact same songs as the original save for the Beyonce song and the new song that he did. Of course the soundtrack didn't perform as well as the original did because they were mostly just covers of songs that have been around for 25 years, so I really don't know what his point is.

Personally I think he's just a catty old queen who occasionally likes to stir up drama and bench about stuff. It's nothing new from him.

Box Office run finished now it's on Blu Ray and Digital Download?

Box Office run finished now it's on Blu Ray and Digital Download?
It didnt end its run yet but it will very soon.

DOM - $543,638,043
OS - $1,112,767,039
WORLDWIDE
$1,656,405,082

Last edited:
I was channel surfing to ABC and I see them showing this right now which is shockingly recent.

Yeah, I heard about that. I actually never thought I'd see the more recent MCU stuff on cable TV because of Disney+, but maybe they're being generous (and/or searching for commercial revenue) because of the pandemic? I know tonight's The Lion King airing is part of a revamp of The Wonderful World of Disney, which if I vaguely recall/understand correctly was this old weekly/seasonal programming block on ABC where they'd just show Disney movies. I don't have much interest in watching it right now (and when I do I can just pull up the clips online anyway).

Yeah it was just bizarre to me because I was like this is network TV. The damn disney channel itself hasn't even gotten it.

saw it for the 2nd time tonight. I don’t get the hate. I grew up with the animated version. But this is also beautiful. The effects are so awesome. The landscapes are breathtaking and the action looks like on an animal documentation.

That last part is where the hate stems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"