Jon Favreau's Lion King CONFIRMED

Doctor Jones, I'm sure most of us are beyond HYPED to get 90s content back again. Just look at the 90s boards. If you mean with Disney that's really inaccurate since all of these have vastly different dates in which the originals came out. Pete's Dragon was the 70s, I believe. Jungle Book, 60s?

Jungle book came out in the 70s

Edit: it came out in '67. My mistake.

So I'm gonna have to suffer through Favreau making God knows how many more movies with talking animals until he can actually make something like Chef again?

EDIT: Doesn't say he's directing just "joining forces." It could be he's just producing which helps him.

I actually "pray to the Hollywood gods" that if they ever made a live action Pokemon movie, that they'd get him to do that, so at least that please.

Given that the live action Jungle Book didn't play out exactly like the animated Jungle Book, I guess we can expect some story differences? I mean they are making this for all audiences, not just kids.

So will we actually see Simba grow up rather than he morphs into an instant adult Lion across a musical number?

I loved Jungle Book and wanted this to happen, so count me in.

giphy.gif

Useless, but I already know I will watch it.

Live action? More like CG. Call it what it is, unless they're using real lions...
It will be the first 100% animated live-action movie ever made. :o

EDIT: Wait, isn't Favreau also directing the Jungle Book sequel? That's a good chunk of his career that will be spent directing fake animals, lol.

Also it seems almost every site is calling this movie the "live-action" remake of TLK. This quote has never been more relevant.

p5YqKqh.jpg

Last edited:
Of course they're doing this. Cinderella and The Jungle Book were both critically acclaimed and made lots of money, plus there's the nostalgia factor. So they have no reason NOT to keep going at this point.

Have yet to see Jungle Book, heard it would be worthy of my time.

lupita nyong'o is going to be Nala isn't she.

Im not sure how the Disney Classics remakes schedule works, as far as i know Beauty and the Beast comes out next year and the rest are up in the air, but anyways, if i had to give this a release date i'd say in the 25th anniversary of the movie in 2019, specially since Favreau is doing Jungle Book 2 first, right?

Since Favreau didn't an excellent job with The Jungle Book I have high hopes for this.

I have not seen the jungle book and wont see this as well.

The goddman mouse likes to over eat.

I'm sure I'll be all over this. They better be ready to have extremely high expectations placed on this.

My big word of advice for them is to not cast white guys to play the African King (Simba) this time. I love JTT, but it's 2016, so maybe we should actually cast black actors for the lead roles.

An African cast would be pretty cool.

I have not seen the jungle book and wont see this as well.

The goddman mouse likes to over eat.

Haha what a geek. You are missing out, Jungle Book was amazing. Far superior to the original. Disney is fine without your $15 and you are only cheating yourself.

It's the circleeeee......of liiiifeeeee.....and it moves us all.

By which we mean money.

Don't see the problem as long as it's done the same way as Jungle Book. As in, with passion and artistic integrity.

If it's fantastic then we all win. If it's not so good? Well the original still exists.

This. But I think Lion King is going to be more difficult for Favreau.

He's basically going to be going the Dinosaur route. You remember that movie, don't you?

Pretty much a given after JB was such a success. Chadwick Boseman is gonna be grown up Simba prolly.

Given that the live action Jungle Book didn't play out exactly like the animated Jungle Book, I guess we can expect some story differences? I mean they are making this for all audiences, not just kids.

So will we actually see Simba grow up rather than he morphs into an instant adult Lion across a musical number?

That montage was there for a reason. To give us the gist of the passage through time of Simba's teachings. Actually seeing it won't add anything. Seeing something that's a little detail the original movie and making a whole movie out of it is studio logic or just plain stupidity.

The Lion King may have been an animated film from Disney but that does not mean it was just for kids. It didn't become a huge success because it was just a kids movie. It had something for everybody which is what happens with a great animated movie. Saying it's going to be a four quadrant movie doesn't make much difference other than what really?

We're going to get to the point, starting with this, where we'll just be ripped off. I don't get why people want to pay money to see this. We have the movie already. A classic animated movie done perfectly fine. The story's already been told. Like people say. It will always be there. Exactly. So why do we need or want to see the same movie??? It's there in many of our living rooms. Disney will just use that to make Aladdin or the Little Mermaid while they could be making new movies which they very well could. But investors only want big returns now and risk averse stuff guarantees that. Disney could make ten original small budget films with the money they will spend on this and all of them can do well and make the same money back if they produce quality stuff. But they don't. Because movie studios are becoming more and more like businesses than ever.

But they're gonna be live action! It's a different director! Disney's been making good movies lately. Disney is a business. All very true. But that doesn't mean this makes it boring as **** and it will continue to perpetuate this endless stream of "Everything old is new again!" ********.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"