Jon Snow Sequel in Development

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score

The ‘net is about to be real cynical, but I’m into it.

More Jon/Tormund material? Into it.
Possibility of the Stark kids reuniting again? Into it.
Actual time to dwell on his Targaryen lineage that was just kind of breezed past on GOT? Into it!

I have no idea who though a sequel is in any way a good idea.

I'm not emotionally ready to accept their apology.

:o

tumblr_ps7l6gHQ8u1vuztm4o5_400.gifv

Despite my dislike for the final season and how everything went down, I’m actually kinda excited for this

I have no idea who though a sequel is in any way a good idea.
They probably looked at the way social media talks about the Star Wars prequels and Hayden Christensen now and (correctly) came to the conclusion that fandoms are wishy-washy as hell.

Love it or hate it, we’re all tuning in.

Jon is my favourite character so this news brings a weak smile to my face, but I'm no way feeling hopeful.

They're taking a wildly popular character and telling a story with no source material, so they're going to be making it up as they go along....which doesn't sound promising to me. At least with Dragon there's material there that they at least are adhering to.

I'm a firm believer in story first, everything comes after. Going against that destroyed season 8. I hope they've learned their lesson because I can't take another hatchet job on the character.

Only if Dany is resurrected by The Red Priestess will I give any kind of F about this series.

Here's the thing...if they right show runner, writer and director was involved this could be good.

Like the best thing would have this be Jon's heel turn. Have him go mad beyond the wall tormented by the "ghosts" of his lost loved ones. Have him shove a piece of dragonglass into his heart and then wake a true Ice Dragon and become the Night King 2.0

Emilia Clarke’s Daenerys will haunt him in dreams or visions. Like how does that NOT happen? It can even go further than that. Snow/others wonder if he’s going mad or if there’s more to what plagues him.

This is a chance for them to sort of make a better Season 9 if they play their cards properly after the underwritten, unsatisfactory mess that was the last batch of episodes.

I’m for some twisty revelations over a retcon erasure, but otherwise agree.

Last edited:
I'm surprised they're not at least waiting to see the reception to House of the Dragon first before pulling the trigger.

This could be good but it's way too soon.
I know it's not coming out like next year. But it's only been 3 years since the GoT ending. I get prequels but for a sequel/continuation story?
You gotta make people miss you

And that has nothing to do with the reception of the final season.

The SW prequel comparison is a good point. But Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen came back 15 years later. That's enough time for a generation of people like me who grew up on the prequels to get a larger voice in things and it's enough time for people to look back at things with rose tinted glasses. But 3-5 years (if this does happen I'm predicting it'll come out around 2024) is not enough time for that. Whether the reception of the previous work is good or not. But especially if the previous version wasn't well received at the end.
It's like if they bring back RDJ as Stark or a Stark variant soon. I get the IP is king but do something else in the universe. The GOT universe is a rather large playground

Excited for this. Jon was my favorite character and I want to know what becomes of him after GoT.

The only surprise is that it took this long.

I wanted a remake of season 8, but this is the next best thing, and more than I thought we would get. Just keep D&D farrrrrrr away from this production.

Excited for this. Jon was my favorite character and I want to know what becomes of him after GoT.

I always felt like he's become the leader/King of them wild folks and eventually find another gal. Go on adventures with the redbeard and Ghost. I don't need more after that botched season, but if they get great folks involved in this, I'm all game.

I always felt like he's become the leader/King of them wild folks and eventually find another gal. Go on adventures with the redbeard and Ghost. I don't need more after that botched season, but if they get great folks involved in this, I'm all game.

Yup I would love to see that series of him leading the wildlings.

I have a feeling that by tying to fix things they're going to make them even worse. Kind of like what The Rise of Skywalker was to The Last Jedi.

The bottom line is that we don't know. I've never understood saying "this will be good/bad" before we've seen it or at least gotten some indications about it. Being excited (or not) and skeptical (or not) is fine, but we're just going to have to wait and see. This also says it's "in development". I know of things that have been in development forever and still haven't hit the screen.....like the sequel for Edge of Tomorrow.

Of course we don't know. But this whole project reeks of franchise milking and course correction just to please fans. I guess it depends on what someone wants to see but I'm always very skeptical regarding fanservice compared to having a specific vision from the start and seeing it through. After all the show kind of died the moment the plot moved away from the books. I could be very wrong, but history has shown that cases like that usually don't turn out any good.

The ‘net is about to be real cynical, but I’m into it.

More Jon/Tormund material? Into it.
Possibility of the Stark kids reuniting again? Into it.
Actual time to dwell on his Targaryen lineage that was just kind of breezed past on GOT? Into it!

I’m with it.

Seems like there may be some kinda plan with them focusing on the Targaryens. With the prequel focused on them and now Jon who is basically the last of the Targaryen royal line. So I’m interested in seeing where they go with it.

Seems like there may be some kinda plan with them focusing on the Targaryens. With the prequel focused on them and now Jon who is basically the last of the Targaryen royal line. So I’m interested in seeing where they go with it.

Maybe Drogon comes back and Jon tames him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"