Jon Snow Sequel in Development

Bring in Val from the books.

That was something I was thinking about too but I also think that would be kinda tipping George's hand a bit. Because I think he has BIG plans for her in TWOW. And I also think reducing her to the predicable role of "Girl who gets Jon out of his Post Daenerys stupor' is kinda of an insult to her character.

But also I think it depends on what they want the story to be. Is this a deep dive into the mind/character of Jon? Is it a journey deep into the lands beyond the wall? A better look at the Free Folk? A history of the CotF and the WW?

Yet you need a cast of characters. And Val would be a leading candidate outside of Torumund

That was something I was thinking about too but I also think that would be kinda tipping George's hand a bit. Because I think he has BIG plans for her in TWOW. And I also think reducing her to the predicable role of "Girl who gets Jon out of his Post Daenerys stupor' is kinda of an insult to her character.

But also I think it depends on what they want the story to be. Is this a deep dive into the mind/character of Jon? Is it a journey deep into the lands beyond the wall? A better look at the Free Folk? A history of the CotF and the WW?

Yet you need a cast of characters. And Val would be a leading candidate outside of Torumund
I happen to think it’s probably going to be Val who Jon goes off with at the end of the books rather than Giantsbane, (she strikes me as more of the human face of the Free Folk than Tormund was and a more prominent character) so in that sense I’d see it as a course correction.

It’s not going to be a straightforward adaptation because really, we’re in uncharted territory here where we’d technically be operating in a world post-ASOIAF as well. We’re in the realm of the Star Wars 90s EU, or post-Ian Fleming James Bond, so I think they’re in a position where they can have fun and play with some of the concepts and characters that D&D never bothered with.

I happen to think it’s probably going to be Val who Jon goes off with at the end of the books rather than Giantsbane, (she strikes me as more of the human face of the Free Folk than Tormund was and a more prominent character) so in that sense I’d see it as a course correction.

It’s not going to be a straightforward adaptation because really, we’re in uncharted territory here where we’d technically be operating in a world post-ASOIAF as well. We’re in the realm of the Star Wars 90s EU, or post-Ian Fleming James Bond, so I think they’re in a position where they can have fun and play with some of the concepts and characters that D&D never bothered with.

Wouldn't shock me at all TBH. I've kinda had a theory that Jon would father a son on Val (unknowingly of course) and then go off and have his big love story with Daenerys and they would have a baby girl. We get the Fall of Daenerys and Jon decides to get out of doge beyond the wall to find Val and discover that he broke his vow of not fathering a bastard.

But your right. Though I am rooting for Night King Jon Ice Dragon combo myself.

If they go back to the White Walker/Others well (which I personally don’t need. I’m not big on having the same villains again and again)….I’d hope they just go with what GRRM was hinting at rather than the show’s take. The Night’s Queen.

If they go back to the White Walker/Others well (which I personally don’t need. I’m not big on having the same villains again and again)….I’d hope they just go with what GRRM was hinting at rather than the show’s take. The Night’s Queen.

That would be an interesting route to go, especially in the TV timeline. But I know exactly what your talking about and im here for it.

SF Gazette - GAME OF THRONES Star Emilia Clarke Doesn't Think Daenerys Deserved Her Fate: "I'm On Her Side"
One of the most divisive and controversial aspects of the final season of Game of Thrones was the death of fan-favorite character Daenerys Targaryen, and Emilia Clarke has now addressed her character's fate.

"I still think Daenerys did nothing wrong. It's not fair that Jon gets to live," she joked when asked about her character's demise during an appearance at DIF London over the weekend.. “I want Daenerys with him. With Jon. They could go to family therapy and fix their issues. Daenerys is a very hopeful character, she has a lot of hopes and I wished that she was able to achieve that."

Though Daenerys certainly appeared to be dead as a doornail, we have seen characters resurrected in the HBO show. Is there any chance Clarke could return for the planned Jon Snow sequel series? The Secret Invasion star admitted that it's highly unlikely, but did add: "Never say never."

Wiki of Thrones - Fans think Daenerys Targaryen might be coming back, here’s why
At the DreamIt Fest in September, during a fan Q&A, Emilia Clarke was asked if she would return for a spinoff. She replied, “You never know, I mean, we don’t know where her body is at […] Or like, the dragons help me out.”

Last edited:
Emma and Kit said "We're going to have HBO fund our FanFic ending to GOT"

And I support them.

SF Gazette - GAME OF THRONES Star Emilia Clarke Doesn't Think Daenerys Deserved Her Fate: "I'm On Her Side"
One of the most divisive and controversial aspects of the final season of Game of Thrones was the death of fan-favorite character Daenerys Targaryen, and Emilia Clarke has now addressed her character's fate.

Wiki of Thrones - Fans think Daenerys Targaryen might be coming back, here’s why
At the DreamIt Fest in September, during a fan Q&A, Emilia Clarke was asked if she would return for a spinoff. She replied, “You never know, I mean, we don’t know where her body is at […] Or like, the dragons help me out.”
I think she'd seriously consider it to give her character a new and better way to be sent off. Didn't seem happy at all about how GoT ended.

Not even bringing back Danny or the WW is enough for me NOT to be skeptical of this. I need to see who's the showrunners and directors are. I'd rather have a show about the Age of Heroes, and just make a R-rated high fantasy show or mini series.

the major reason the quality fell off is because they had no more source material
eh, i don't think that's an excuse. Especially since season 5 **** the bed and there was plenty of source material left. D&D just did a speed run through everything after season 4 and started cutting corners. So I don't buy the "ran out of material excuse". Even if it was true that ending was still sloppily and hastily done.

The Hollywood Reporter - Kit Harington Joins Rescheduled ‘Game of Thrones’ Official Fan Convention [in December] (August 2022)

With a Jon Snow spinoff in development with Kit Harington, Williams didn’t entirely shoot down the possibility of playing Arya again. “It has to be the right time and the right people,” she said. “It has to be right in the context of all the other spinoffs and the universe of ‘Game of Thrones.’ It has to be the right time for me.”

Jon was never my favorite so they would have to do something really interesting for me to want the show to go forward.

‘House of the Dragon’ Season 2 Release Date Won’t Be in 2023 | TVLine

As for a much expected — though definitely not green-lit — second spinoff, Bloys is even more circumspect, except to say that any new offshoot, if one happens, is unlikely to debut before House of the Dragon returns for its sophomore year. "I think probably the next thing would be season two," he says. "I try not to comment too much on development, so there's not a whole lot to say, other than when we find the story that George is happy with and we're happy with, we'll move forward."

But assuming the right project comes together soon enough, would Bloys welcome a scenario where a second Thrones spinoff allowed HBO Max to showcase a new chapter of the Seven Kingdoms saga every year? "Well, let's see," he says, laughing. "That would be nice. That would be nice."

Gizmodo - Kit Harrington Says Jon Snow Is Having a Really Bad Time, Actually
At the Game of Thrones convention over the weekend the actor teased a little bit about his character's mindset in the upcoming spinoff, Snow.
“At the end of the show when we find him
in that cell, he’s preparing to be beheaded and he wants to be,” Harrington explained. “He’s done. The fact he goes to the Wall is the greatest gift and also the greatest curse... He’s got to go back up to the place with all this history and live out his life thinking about how he killed Dany, and live out his life thinking about Ygritte dying in his arms, and live out his life thinking about how he hung Olly, and live out his life thinking about all of this trauma, and that, that’s interesting.”

It’s not entirely what fans wanted to hear, but considering that everything about Game of Thrones is kept as secret as possible until the very last minute, it’s not a total surprise that Harrington is playing his character’s cards close to his chest. “So I think where we leave him at the end of the show... we wanted some kind of little smile that things are okay. He’s not okay.” Harrington said.

Business Insider - Kit Harington reflects on his 'unexpected' bond with Emilia Clarke, and says she comes over all the time and plays with his kid

Last edited:
The only interesting thing about Jon Snow was his heritage.
I wish, we ever get the real story from GRR. Because in the series it was pointless. It was only there, to create a difficult situation between him and Danny (and Sansa).

Emilia and Kit really are co-writing their GoT Fix It Spin off

I hope Rose is just rolling her eyes and calling them both "Nerds" LOL

Truthfully a Jon Snow sequel series sounds like the laziest thing you could do for the franchise at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"