Jon Stewart's Rob Corddry IS "The Donor"

BT18

Superhero
Reaction score
268374.jpg

Jon Stewart's Rob Corddry IS "The Donor"

Scott Weinberg writes: "If you don't know Rob Corddry from his great work on "The Daily Show," don't worry about it too much. The guy's got about five movie roles in the works right now, and the newest one is "The Donor," which will be produced by Corddry's buddy / boss Jon Stewart.

From Variety: "Paramount Pictures has acquired "The Donor," a comedy pitch to be developed as a star vehicle for Rob Corddry, best known as a correspondent on "The Daily Show." Jon Stewart will produce with Ben Karlin through Busboy Prods. Stewart's Busboy, responsible for both "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report," is making the project its first homegrown film production. Pitch was hatched by Stewart, Karlin and Corddry, the latter of whom will write with Jason Mantzoukas and Brian Huskey. Logline is being kept under wraps."

Click here for the rest of the article.

I don't even know the plot and already I wanna see it. (Rob Corddry can also be seen in "Blackballed: The Bobby Dukes Story," which is out on DVD now.)"

Rob Corddry is Paramount's Donor

Paramount Pictures has acquired The Donor, a comedy pitch to be developed as a star vehicle for Rob Corddry, best known as a correspondent on "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart." Stewart will produce with Ben Karlin through Busboy Productions, reports Variety.

Stewart's Busboy, responsible for both "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report," is making the project its first homegrown film production. The film was created by Stewart, Karlin and Corddry, the latter of whom will write with Jason Mantzoukas and Brian Huskey.

Uh, you may think that I'm just nitpicking but shouldn't it be "Daily Show's Rob Corddry"? You make it sound like he's Jon Stewart's b*tch. Well, maybe he is....

Anyway, after Steve Carell hit so big last year, why shouldn't Rob hit big too? It would be pretty funny if everyone made big bucks in Hollywood except for Jon himself.

Edward Brock said:
Uh, you may think that I'm just nitpicking but shouldn't it be "Daily Show's Rob Corddry"? You make it sound like he's Jon Stewart's b*tch. Well, maybe he is....

Anyway, after Steve Carell hit so big last year, why shouldn't Rob hit big too? It would be pretty funny if everyone made big bucks in Hollywood except for Jon himself.

I don't make it sound that way, the webpage I'm copying makes it sound that way, it's their headline, and if it gets people to read the thread then so beit.

I'm guessing Jon's still making "the big bucks". He'll be making part of any money that this movie makes since it's his production. He makes part of what the Colbert Report makes since that's his production as well, and since he renewed his contract in 2004 when TDS was at it's alltime high in ratings and profile he's got to be making as big a killing as almost anyone else in cable with that alone. He also just got another show from his production company picked up by comedy central, an original show about minor league baseball.

Corddry also has a midseason replacement on Fox called "The Winner". And he's said he'll most likely be gone from The Daily Show to film the episodes and if the show becomes a decent hit, he would be gone.

How often does Stewart make fun of his acting skills? He sucks and doesn't expect to make the big Hollywood money. For the amount of work he does (40 weeks, 4 days a week, 22 minutes and watching lots of TV) he does very well and once Letterman retires he'll be pulling in more money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"