Jordskott-Sweden's X-Files?

Yowza

Sidekick
Reaction score
1066948-0-q80.jpg

Jordskott is a Scandinavian noir thriller that sort of reminds some of the X-Files to a degree with main difference being it's more a single story for an entire season than 1 story per episode.

I'm watching this on Shudder right now. I'm impressed with the level of set detail they go to for a scene that's only a few moments long. Some of the characters weren't the most likeable and certain scenes I felt were a bit embarrassing to watch in Season 1 but still managed to keep my interest throughout with the very interesting mystery element complimented by some of the desolate expansive nature based imagery.

As I've started season 2, the show really is getting kind of darker than the first season in some ways with certain elements still almost seeming kind of ridiculous by their absurdity yet counterbalanced by other story elements that are meticulously planned out. One other thing I really like in the 2nd season is the cinematography is very top notch and provides what I think is an improvement on the 1st season.

IMDB: Jordskott (TV Series 2015– ) - IMDb
Detective Inspector Eva Thörnblad (Moa Gammel) returns to Silver Height seven years after her daughter Josefine disappeared by a lake in the woods . The body was never found and the girl was believed to have drowned. Now a boy has vanished without a trace and Thörnblad wants to find out if there is a link to her daughter's disappearance. At the same time , she will take care of the legacy of her father, the great entrepreneur Johan Thörnblad, who build an empire of timber and timber processing on the large forest owned by his ancestors. As the plot deepens more children are kidnapped and what initially seems like a police drama takes a more sinister and stranger twist with each episode.
News pertaining to being streamed in North America Last Year Before Season 2 Came Out: Supernatural Mystery Series JORDSKOTT Coming to Shudder This April - Daily Dead

*A new season seems to come out every 2 years so hoping to hear news of a 3rd season at some point in 2019 hopefully...

Last edited:
Saw it when it was on TV here in Sweden. Enjoyed both seasons.

Saw it when it was on TV here in Sweden. Enjoyed both seasons.

Has there been any word over there of a potential 3rd Season?

I'm in the middle of the 2nd right now and many story elements being woven by episode 5. Various portions of the plot ranging from downright sinister/meticulously serious to other elements being weird or kind of goofy. Lots of story threads being laid out in this season and I'd like to watch another.:yay:

There's been talk about a third season, but nothing's confirmed yet as far as I know.

Trailers 1st Season:

Season 1 Trailer:

International Trailer Season 1:

Swedish Trailer:

Well, I finished Season 2 a couple of days ago and definitely more story threads to be explored for sure.

I don't want to spoil the show too much but the show essentially borrows a lot of elements from Nordic folklore, involves a secret organization trying to cover it up, and a lot of perplexing mystery throughout. There's an abundance of elements that the show really interweaves well. All characters are multifaceted (not just shown as simply evil) and environmentalism interwoven throughout.

If they can inflate the budget for Season 3, I think the show can really takeoff with some of the fantastical elements.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"