Joss Whedon's Spider-Man

DaCage

Civilian
Reaction score
Whedon usually writes his scripts so that everyone is just a bit cleverer and always has a comeback or quip which is perfect for Spider-Man!

Getting Whedon to write Spider-Man would be like...Hitchcock directing a James Bond movie, Shakespeare writing a Sherlock Holmes book!

He also generally has horrible things happen to his characters, sometimes for no reason other than malignant forces of destiny. He's perfect!

*eg*

I said that for years. When they were rebooting Spidey, and before he was on Avengers, he was my pick. In some ways, he is a better fit for Spidey than even the Avengers. It's for the simple reason that he loves soapy angst and melodrama. Spidey is a much better outlet for that side of his creativity, in my opinion.

He also generally has horrible things happen to his characters, sometimes for no reason other than malignant forces of destiny. He's perfect!

*eg*

I think he'd be the only guy to make Uncle Ben's death so tragic.

I said that for years. When they were rebooting Spidey, and before he was on Avengers, he was my pick. In some ways, he is a better fit for Spidey than even the Avengers. It's for the simple reason that he loves soapy angst and melodrama. Spidey is a much better outlet for that side of his creativity, in my opinion.

I wish he had written the reboot. I feel that he'd do an amazing job with Spidey, more than the Avengers. it just fits his style...shows like Buffy prove it! It would've been awesome if they got Matthew Vaughn to direct Spider-Man and Whedon to write it.

I love Marc Webb but yes yes please freaking yes. Joss Whedon making Spider-Man (Specifically the Stacy arc) would be the best comic book movie ever.

He would be too similar too Rami. They needed someone like Webb to bring the "Ultimate Spider-Man" comic too life.

He would be too similar too Rami. They needed someone like Webb to bring the "Ultimate Spider-Man" comic too life.

Nah. Raimi favored overly corny humor, Whedon's all about clever writing and quips. He would work much better for Spidey.

Nah. Raimi favored overly corny humor, Whedon's all about clever writing and quips. He would work much better for Spidey.

I could see him bring back the camp and cheesiness. The reboot series is trying it's best to adandon that and give it a more Modern-Edgey vibe.

I doubt it. If anything, it'd be an interesting combination of Matthew Vaughn's Kick-Ass and Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

I would go broke to see Joss Whedon do a one-shot Spider-Man comic. I would kill to see it!! We probably won't ever get a movie done, which I'm okay with, but I'm hopeful that he writes a comic book! A single Spider-Man comic book would beat the Avengers movie. It would be the next big one-shot comic IMHO.

I could see him bring back the camp and cheesiness. The reboot series is trying it's best to adandon that and give it a more Modern-Edgey vibe.

The reboot is just decent. It isn't amazing or anything. If Whedon ever wrote it, it would be a masterpiece. Vaughn would be great to direct it.

The reboot is just decent. It isn't amazing or anything. If Whedon ever wrote it, it would be a masterpiece. Vaughn would be great to direct it.

TASM was Webb's first action film. I felt the action and villain were it's weakest point. Webb has said that he has learnt alot and wants to push the character and his universe as far as he can. For instinct he will not shy away from the more darker moments (Gwen's Death) and his universe will be pushed (Sinister 6).

TASM was Webb's first action film. I felt the action and villain were it's weakest point. Webb has said that he has learnt alot and wants to push the character and his universe as far as he can. For instinct he will not shy away from the more darker moments (Gwen's Death) and his universe will be pushed (Sinister 6).

I agree. TASM was more of those movies where you expect the sequel to top it. It left unanswered questions. I can't wait to see Marc Webb push boundaries with the series.
But even so, Whedon should do Spider-Man. He probably won't write it, (I'd love for him to write TASM 3). I'd kill for him to do a One-shot comic of Spider-Man. He'd save us from what the abomination called Superior Spider-Man and gives us fans a true amazing Spider-Man we want.

Last edited:
Joss would be the perfect actor for Spider-Man. Granted, he's probably too old for the part these days, but that can always be fixed with a little movie magic, some stunt men, and good CGI.

Joss would be the perfect actor for Spider-Man. Granted, he's probably too old for the part these days, but that can always be fixed with a little movie magic, some stunt men, and good CGI.

Lol wut.

I agree. TASM was more of those movies where you expect the sequel to top it. It left unanswered questions. I can't wait to see Marc Webb push boundaries with the series.
But even so, Whedon should do Spider-Man. He probably won't write it, (I'd love for him to write TASM 3). I'd kill for him to do a One-shot comic of Spider-Man. He'd save us from what the abomination called Superior Spider-Man and gives us fans a true amazing Spider-Man we want.

I agree that a Vaughn or JW SM film would be great but I just think Webb has got this idea for Spidey that only he can truly bring to life. We know what hos Dad did but why did they make the cross-spices for example?

I can't imagine Whedon's Spider-man being significantly different from Raimi's Spider-man.

Getting Whedon to write Spider-Man would be like...Hitchcock directing a James Bond movie, Shakespeare writing a Sherlock Holmes book!

In the sense that it sounds better than it would be, yes.

I can't imagine Whedon's Spider-man being significantly different from Raimi's Spider-man.

In the sense that it sounds better than it would be, yes.

Joss knows how to make teen angst work, watch Buffy for example, he can make Peter sound more like a smart-ass from the comic books, and he really knows how to write tragedy. I don't think that it would be anything like Rami's movies.

Besides, I don't even care if he writs the vmoies. I jsut think he'd be perfect at writing the character. Again, a One-Shot comic. MAKE IT HAPPEN MARVEL!

I wanna see Whedon's X-men first. I bet it would be ...........astonishing.

I wanna see Whedon's X-men first. I bet it would be ...........astonishing.

If Joss would do an X-Men movie, Kitty Pryde would be amazing

From the director of Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron
Brings you...
PRYDE

Spider-Man would be out of this world, I just want him to do something with the character.

He would bring humor, he would just bring a more appropriate brand of humor to Spidey.

Whedon on the new Spider-Man franchise would have been neat, but Webb has made a decent outing and looks to have improved his cinematic Spider-Man mythos in the sequel.

The franchise might have been better under Whedon, but I think its in good, capable, inventive hands.

Besides if Whedon didn't do Avengers, who knows what could've happened.

Pretty impressive that both these guys had their 2nd directed theatrical releases with multimillion dollar franchises spanning decades. These dudes deal with pressure pretty well I'd say.

I'm not exactly a follower of Whedon, he was put on my radar thanks to Astonishing X-Men. That alone gives me full confidence he could write a damn good Spider-Man book. Coupled with the Avengers, I am sure he could faithfully and impressively adapt any Marvel property to film.

Joss should pretty much direct every marvel movie

That would be worth the 4 year wait in between each movie.

It'd be like the early 2000's with a lot less disappointment!

Although by the time he finished Avengers 2 and single handedly took on all the follow ups, it'd be time to recast everyone for A3. Ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"