Civilian
Reaction score
TDKcowl1.jpg

TDKcowl2.jpg

TDKcowl3.jpg

Banemask2.jpg

TDKcowl3.jpg

Banemask3.jpg

I will be making many copies of these. If there is any interest, let me know. I plan on offering them as a package at a reduced price as well, for those interested in both. :yay:

Whats the material? I have a cowl already, but its "wobbly" due to being rubber/urethane. I'd kill for a cowl that's a solid material, like it actually is in the films.

Cowl's in the movies are made of foam latex. Mine are urethane as well; however, they are not wobbly. How is it that yours wobbles?

I've been looking for a decent cowl. How much?

Cowl's in the movies are made of foam latex. Mine are urethane as well; however, they are not wobbly. How is it that yours wobbles?

Because it is not a solid/hard material that will crack when broken. I want a cowl that will shatter like the scene where they test it in BB, or how Bane will break it in TDKR.

Because it is not a solid/hard material that will crack when broken. I want a cowl that will shatter like the scene where they test it in BB, or how Bane will break it in TDKR.

The broken mask that you see in the trailer isn't a wearable cowl, it's a prop copy of the cowl probably cast in some type of resin or plastic. That being said, I could certainly cast copies of my cowl in plastic. It just wouldn't be wearable.

Hey JBrown. PM sent mate regarding Bane mask

Cheers

Would like to know more about this, planning on making a fan movie the week the film releases. PM please?

Thanks again for the mask mate! Here's the result of my painting scheme:

Thanks again for the mask mate! Here's the result of my painting scheme:

This is a different paint scheme I havent seen. I like the color of blue you used on it and it looks as if you did a decent job of paint application.

I'm going to have to go with my earlier comment that what Im seeing as poor paint applications, which some of them clearly have been, is a result of the mask itself. Looks rough, not smooth, which is making the paint apps look very poor. Im assuming this is the mask that most everyone has been using as Im seeing the same flaws in all but a couple.

That's the paint scheme based on the clean Bane mask that's at display at one of the clothing boutiques selling officially licensed TDKR shirts and stuff.

Hey darkseid. Cheers for the comments. Yeh the scheme is a combination of the one seen in the show exhibit as supernovax mentioned and the football field weathering.

Personally I think it's a solid bane sculpt. Sure some of the finer details and finishes might not be spot on but the general proportioning is great and the price very reasonable.

Cheers

This is a different paint scheme I havent seen. I like the color of blue you used on it and it looks as if you did a decent job of paint application.

I'm going to have to go with my earlier comment that what Im seeing as poor paint applications, which some of them clearly have been, is a result of the mask itself. Looks rough, not smooth, which is making the paint apps look very poor. Im assuming this is the mask that most everyone has been using as Im seeing the same flaws in all but a couple.

Actually the mask you have been seeing mainly around the web is the Gotham City FX and to be completely honest from 4 feet away in person the flaws are not even noticeable. You have to remember all these shots are taken up close and personal and flaws tend to appear that close.

So what kind of paints are you guys using on your masks? and I'm guessing spray paint is a no-no

I think most people have been using acrylic paints for the Urethane cast masks from JBrown, most people probably thinning them with waters, I don't know what kind of paint people have been using for the GothamcityFX mask. Anyone have an idea?

I think most people have been using acrylic paints for the Urethane cast masks from JBrown, most people probably thinning them with waters, I don't know what kind of paint people have been using for the GothamcityFX mask. Anyone have an idea?

Same here when I had my GCFX

Ok cool. I did see some acrylic spray paint, but for some reason I have this idea in the back of my head that spray paint is not a good idea.

I used 2 different acrylic sprays on mine. Lightly misted coats. Krylon brand.

This is how it turned out:

006.jpg

Now, the GCFX mask did come with a primer coat on it and Im sure that had something to do with it. I believe John just sends his "raw". So you would probably have to clean it before doing any paint work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"