Jude Law IS ????

I just don't see them not giving Carol her usual full array of powers so that she has to use a laser gun.

I just don't see them not giving Carol her usual full array of powers so that she has to use a laser gun.

Yeah but when you think about it Doctor strange got a bit of that. He has a few spells but not as many as the comics version. He mainly has amulets and trinkets. And we do know they said her powers will be different in this.

I reckon they will keep the super strength so she can fly in space etc. Then again we haven’t seen any type of weapon in the shots for the movie that have been released

Maybe I'm missing something but has anyone heard of any reference to the Nega-Bands Mar-Vell may be wearing in the movie?

Last edited:
I haven’t seen anything yet but I always love adding more iconography to the marvel u and I can’t wait to see them up close

Maybe I'm missing something but has anyone heard of any reference to the Nega-Bands Mar-Vell may be wearing in the movie?

That and Marv acting as an agent of Eon are two things I am interested in seeing if they include them in some capacity, as well as the Cosmic Consciousness.

If those things get passed to Carol then they could help to explain her absence. Eon could take her on as an agent and they spent decades refining her abilities in some place removed from normal time like the Negative Zone or Quantum Realm. I mean taking on the mantle of "Protector of the Universe" is not something that should be foisted upon someone from a planet that's barely made it past their own moon, right? It's not a job you think can be done successfully with just seat of your pants, on the job training.

That and Marv acting as an agent of Eon are two things I am interested in seeing if they include them in some capacity, as well as the Cosmic Consciousness.

If those things get passed to Carol then they could help to explain her absence. Eon could take her on as an agent and they spent decades refining her abilities in some place removed from normal time like the Negative Zone or Quantum Realm. I mean taking on the mantle of "Protector of the Universe" is not something that should be foisted upon someone from a planet that's barely made it past their own moon, right? It's not a job you think can be done successfully with just seat of your pants, on the job training.

I think that would be great. I kind of like the notion of the "White Room" presented in the Quasar comics as being a kind of in-between place but not sure how it could apply in this movie or not. It'll be interesting how they approach where she's been for sure.

I like how the comics do such a great job at showing the use of these bands as far as very specifically defining Captain Marvel's powers and expanding beyond that through the use of Eon as to introduce Captain Marvel's upgrade in power. The quantum realm depicted as a unified sourcefield that can be accessed to grant Cosmic Awareness=great science fiction.

Eon's a very strange looking interesting cosmic apparition I can see emanating at certain points in time when things boil over to the tune of "Smooth Criminal" (as just randomly heard playing on radio earlier); sort of an undefined amorphous thing that drips or floats into place as trippiness abounds as reality fades and Eon's pocket dimension gradually drips into place.
:woot:

Last edited:
For those that don't know about Eon and his connection to Marv:

1542056-eon1.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eon_(comics)

I just don’t want Mar Vell being short changed. I know this is Carol’s movie but I want to see him being given the chance look and act the part before passing it on as well as it not being just a first act part.

I just don’t want Mar Vell being short changed. I know this is Carol’s movie but I want to see him being given the chance look and act the part before passing it on as well as it not being just a first act part.

That's kind of why I hope they go with Marv already being an agent of Eon. While I feel they will probably go with him simply being a Kree soldier sent here to "observe" in preparation for a takeover whom Carol opens his eyes to humanity's worth etc. I think I would prefer something where Marv is working for Eon and is already in opposition to evil forces in the MCU on a cosmic level. He's just still "under cover" with the Kree and therefor the conflict can still be about saving the Earth vs. his loyalty only in this case it's to the wider and even more important goals of Eon in trying to counter Thanos.

But that's just my inner crotchety old man speaking. I get why they would go with something more simple and straight forward like Marv is a lovyal Kree that gets his mind turned around.

I’m sure he will. Marvel are good at spreading out the glory moments. Even Everett Ross got one!

I don't think Mar-Vell will necessarily be short-changed, but I think he'll get a role that makes sense for a movie that isn't his.

I don't think Mar-Vell will necessarily be short-changed, but I think he'll get a role that makes sense for a movie that isn't his.

Ultimately this is what has to be remembered. This is an adaptation not a full on recreation, as all CBMs are. And unfortunately for Marv fans they are going for the relatively recent establishment of Carol as Capt. Marvel so like it or not there isn't going to be, like the comics, a long history for Marv that we get to see. This is Carol Danver's film about her origin in the MCU as a heroine and Marv is gong to be a supporting player in her story.

I hope Jude is bringing his A game. We’re in for a treat if so.

All actors love a juicy death scene. ;)

I can imagine this kind of role playing the veteran character who gets to die heroically in his first film allowing the actor to ham it up before handing the baton over to the main hero, while also avoiding any long term contractual burden, is quite attractive to many of the top guys out there.

I wonder if they will take inspiration from Law’s movies in the 90s? They did say there’s going to be lots of 90s movies references.

Maybe he will be charming like in the talented mr Ripley or smarmy like his character in Gattaca

Is he even going to have the classic red and blue Captain Marvel suit?

When are we going to get set pics of him in it or any Kree uniform?

There will be no more set pics, unless we see them on re-shoots. The movie has been done filming for a while now. I think it's safe to say most of Mar-Vell's work was done on interiors and soundstages.

Is he even going to have the classic red and blue Captain Marvel suit?

When are we going to get set pics of him in it or any Kree uniform?

Never because the movie wrapped and Marvel won't let you anything tey dn't want you until the time is right.

I could see them changing the look up a bit. More military, less spandex

It’ll be the green outfit Larson was seen wearing.

It's interesting that EW credits him as Leader of Starforce and not Mar-Vell. Is it possible he won't be named to avoid confusion with Carol's alter ego?

Jude Law looks great. I have to be honest... I don't know much about Captain Marvel or her story, but I'm guessing I shouldn't get too attached to Mar-Vell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"